The way it ...is?

The way it ...is?

A Chapter by Goyo Armstrong

Mankind.  Human existence.  Us and Earth.  Before plant or animal, Earth. . .  Dinosaurs with brains the size of a Brazil nut, lasted 150 million years. Likely perished because of an asteroid or comet.  Back then, Earth had enough foliage to feed animals of tonnage and the animals that fed upon them.  Were there millions?  I don’t know.  Were there continents as we know them now?  Probably not.

There are an estimated 7.2 billion human beings on Earth as of January 1st, 2012.  There will be an estimated 73.5 million more births next year.      Multiply, divide, state the death stats how you like, it adds up to 40-50 million more mouths to feed by the end of the year. That’s a city the size of Miami every week. . .  Mankind feasts upon itself until disease feasts upon man.  Animals?  No more auk, dodo, a few snow leopards, fewer still of. . .?  Every living animal is united to man, if by nothing else than to the food chain where man reigns.  Man has an ineptness at utilizing nature; he seeks to control the very thing he feeds upon.  In a single day, x (put your stat) amount of dirt will be topped over by cement, depriving man of his own sustenance.  How many sharks perished today because of man and how many are left before the balance is tipped beyond snowflakes that no longer fall because of man-induced climate change?

So then, what needs to be done?  The obvious is to remove man from the top of the food chain and reproduction summit.  Which cannot be done.  Why?   Because not everyone will commit to vegetarianism.  Man’s belief in religion creates a hindrance upon a reproduction limitation.  When a couple is committed to the literal Biblical phrase, “Be fruitful and multiply,” there is an Earth with more feet upon her, an Earth with more to sustain.  Mankind can not forgo Malthusian theory. . .  furthermore, in a religious context, he must deal with the belief that “all I am are my children,” which leads to more of a strain upon our Mother Earth.  A Mormon, Catholic, Muslim, Jew, Hindu or any belief that promotes a large family unit which views the worth of one’s self through his or her offspring inevitably leads to overpopulation.   Step on my 1st amendment but not on my Mother Earth.  We are a planet with an atmosphere.  The human paradox that we all must die cannot be limited to the quality of that life if quantity is overreached.   One plus one plus one plus. . .  inevitably creates a tipping point.

 

    Wow.  Wasn’t bad but where was I going?   The above came under the heading of Earth’s Bill of Rights.  Written in 2012.  Four years further along, no more than a nicotine dream from nowhere.  How the f**k does the Earth have rights?  Like a Pet Rock lifted from a lake shore.  Throw it away and it won’t return; sell it to a sucker, it will . . .  for awhile at least.  Even suckers forfeit nicotine dreams for training advice.  A play on nowhere which is where all this was going and not so different from where the now is from the then or the tomorrow from yesterday. . .  please believe there is nothing more illogical than the belief in religion.  Please.  Go ahead, believe.  Believe you can follow belief to some logical conclusion, like changing water to wine, a virgin birth, riding into heaven on a white horse.  Heaven?  Capitalize the question mark.  Hey, it’s Sunday.  Give the Catholic Church a break. . .there’s a Mormon tie at your door.  A Witness of Whom?

     The next Sunday with little between.  This idea of an Earth’s Bill of Rights, the Pet Rock phenomenon, and religion . . .  intrigues.  Ah, if there were a God and He made Earth and Man, Woman from Man’s rib and his own liking- as if He would be that dumb to require both a


majuscule pronoun from Man and intestines for processing s**t.  Why did Man need to invent God?  Simple.  For a hope that his life is more than a finite time on Earth.  Belief and Deny.  If there is no God, man invents one.  If there is a God, man seeks to deny Him.  Prove as one attempts-  Aquinas or Kirkegaard- man can’t transcend the Big Bang theory or the Tree of Knowledge.  Is the First Cause our God or is our God the one who punished us for eating from the Tree of Knowledge without ever revealing what Knowledge we had to gain with our first bite of the peach, pomegranate or apple.  Really.  We can’t even identify the fruit from that fantastical tree. 

     . . .  Have no idea where I’m going with this.  Henry Miller, Fred Nietzsche, Thomas Merton, Dylan Thomas . . . as far as the next nicotine dream without the nicotine, the pajamas clean . . .

 

 THE RIGHT TO THROW MY PET ROCK AT A RELIGIOUS ESTABLISHMENT

Earth’s first amendment produced my lake rock

and  the second gave me the right to watch but not take

it from where it lay.  So unless I bought it for my pet

would the rock find itself thrown through the stained

pane of the Apostles with nets beneath the nave.  Hit! 



© 2016 Goyo Armstrong


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on September 6, 2016
Last Updated on September 6, 2016


Author

Goyo Armstrong
Goyo Armstrong

About
A world traveler willing to speak in poetry and prose more..

Writing