The Dragon

The Dragon

A Story by LastMonth
"

Tragedy is a matter of proportions. What some see as minor, others can't recover from.

"

There was a Kingdom, set in a stone, a land of craftsman, who'd their abilities hone. A land that flourished, mighty and great, yet some would say it was mistreated by fate.  A lovely Queen, tall and proud, she had a heck a of a bosom, but don't be loud.


Their land was vast and generous, littered with peasants. They worked all day, some even found it pleasant. Their warriors were noble, famous and true. Their weapons were their bodies, brown in their hue. 



Yet there was a calamity, disastrous to most. It was too great, even for their mighty host. Green scales, impregnable and shiny, they made the biggest of berserkers look so darn tiny. The worst part of all, was that 

it could fly, through the skies it would soar, from their defenders it did not shy.


The Kingdom was vast, beautiful and opulent. On that particular day, the Queen and her lover were just about to consummate.  The Alarms were sound, the beast was unleashed. The Generals rose, their legs shaky, and their hearts breezed.


Not a breath of fire, but the suffocation of the lungs, For the dragon spew water, ending the elderly, woman and young. The males who were strong, and could hold out last, went for the offensive, for one last burst.

It did them no good, and they were removed at last indeed, the Dragon had come, it had come to feed.

The queen died last, this is not the happiest of prose.

And the Dragon..? Well, it was just a little kid spraying with a Hose. 

© 2016 LastMonth


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is VERY clever. Personally I would lay it out in a different style, more along the lines of verses, to suit the poetry in the text. it helps the reader to follow the flow and helps to set breathing spaces. This could easily be made into a book for children (with just a few tiny alterations, mainly the choice of word 'bosom'.)
Overall.. Brilliant


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LastMonth

7 Years Ago

Oh come on! Kids know what a bosom is! Heck, they could probably teach me and you some new words. :).. read more
MAD ENGLISHMAN

7 Years Ago

Ha ha ha ha ha yes you are probably right. Some parents can be a bit funny though.



Reviews

This is VERY clever. Personally I would lay it out in a different style, more along the lines of verses, to suit the poetry in the text. it helps the reader to follow the flow and helps to set breathing spaces. This could easily be made into a book for children (with just a few tiny alterations, mainly the choice of word 'bosom'.)
Overall.. Brilliant


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LastMonth

7 Years Ago

Oh come on! Kids know what a bosom is! Heck, they could probably teach me and you some new words. :).. read more
MAD ENGLISHMAN

7 Years Ago

Ha ha ha ha ha yes you are probably right. Some parents can be a bit funny though.
Love the twist at the end! And the first line just imedietly sucks you in! I'm off now to read some of your other works if they are any I haven't read.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LastMonth

7 Years Ago

Thanks a bunch!
I love the glimpses that arise through your rhythm and rhyme flowing with this brilliant, dark humor. Everything in the senses is awakened and pulled deeper into the story, unfolding with a message of epic style. Yes, size does matter, and the relative size gives your thoughts here even more power.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LastMonth

7 Years Ago

Hahaha, Thanks for the review my friend.
I'm glad that you liked it, I like the messege that .. read more
An owl on the moon

7 Years Ago

It would be pure magic if we could all learn to put our giants in perspective. Keep us on edge, my f.. read more
Very imaginative & also with a thought-provoking underlying message. The best part for me is that at times you use lofty poetic line crafting, but then you lapse into everyday lingo which serves to emphasize that part of the message for me. Example: "made the biggest of berserkers look so darn tiny" . . . I'm not a fan of ants, so my sympathies are not roused, but I'm sure some gung-ho creature lovers would get a few extra heart beats after reading this one! *smile*

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LastMonth

7 Years Ago

I can't say I'm a fan of ants either.
At any rate the Poem is meant to be more humorus then e.. read more
Your twist was most definitely fun! You have a unique writing style for sure! I love this take on the world, a whole new perspective...

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LastMonth

7 Years Ago

Hahahaha.. I'm glad you like it.
Thank you kindly for the review!
I will never think of ants the same way again xD This reminds me of ant bully a bit, though ants can be a bit of trouble at times. I enjoyed this, can't wait to see more works from you. Pen on!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LastMonth

7 Years Ago

Oh yeah! I actually had 'Bug Life' in mind when I wrote it.
Have you seen it? It's wonderful.
Centipedle

7 Years Ago

Much better than Ant bully, one of my other favorites was Antz ^^
WAIT A MINUTE... is this poem about ANTS??? Oh my gosh!... That is hilarious! I mean, it is very sad for the ants, but I was totally not expecting that! Especially with the really epic picture of the dragon at the top of the page.... I love this! I am literally cracking up with laughter right now. You executed that extremely well. I'm going back and picking up on all the little hints throughout... the fact that the kingdom was "set in stone" and that the queen "had a heck of a bosom", bodies that were "brown in hue", "Green scales, impregnable and shiny", etc. You totally fooled me on this, and I love it. Excellently written and enjoyable piece. Wonderful job!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LastMonth

7 Years Ago

Dear god, I want to break the screen and move over so I can hug you.
This is probably the rea.. read more
AliciaB

7 Years Ago

Haha you are welcome! Glad I could! :)
Ahhhhhh nice twist right there at the end. Poor ants always seem to be the victims of little boys ☺ I like how you phrased things in such a way that it didn't give the twist away until the very last line (the water was the only thing that didn't seem to fit but the reader thinks if there are dragons, why not water spewing dragons). Nicely done. I see you cleaned up the formatting and typos and such as well. Well done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LastMonth

7 Years Ago

Thanks for the review Gaia.
Glad that you liked it,

Yeah. It was somewhat of a.. read more
That was a very charming twist, I love your imagination!
You would do well writing adventures for kids and youth.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matching Socks

7 Years Ago

Great, when you're famous I'll tell people I knew you when you were nobody!
LastMonth

7 Years Ago

Pshhh!
I'm not a nobody right now!
I mean.. Yeah.. Nobody knows me.. but..

read more
Matching Socks

7 Years Ago

Lol. Ok, bad choice of words! Definitely a somebody that no one knows!
I like this. I would actually classify it as a prose poem, since it has a rhyme story book feel, and it is short enough to be classed as such. I am glad I picked this as my first of yours.

Posted 7 Years Ago


LastMonth

7 Years Ago

Ah! Thanks for the review mate.
One of my newest stories,
Glad that you liked it.
read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

725 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 9, 2016
Last Updated on May 14, 2016

Author

LastMonth
LastMonth

Tiberias, The Southern Galil, Israel



About
I like writing, I suppose. English is not my native tongue, I picked it up at school and mostly improved it through computers. In my early 20's and would appreciate thoughtful and impactful review.. more..

Writing
The Clock The Clock

A Story by LastMonth



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..