Please Don't Kill Yourself Tonight

Please Don't Kill Yourself Tonight

A Poem by Laura Harrison

If I counted how many times you told me that you wanted to kill yourself, I would run out of fingers and toes. Let me tell you something, dear; life is not like the video games that you love to play so much. There is no ‘try again’ option.

 

If you killed yourself today, tomorrow you could have found the love of your life; you could have rekindled your relationship with your old best friend and realized that your parents love you more than you think they do. How can things get better if you don’t give them time?

 

Place your hand over your heart. That pulsating beat you feel is what you call purpose. You are a human being made up of over 7,000 atoms and you want to destroy each and every one of them. God put you on this earth for a reason, and it is up to you to find out what that reason is. There may be something bigger waiting on the horizon after death, but your time on Planet Earth isn’t up yet.

 

Look at me. Can’t you tell that every time I see your face, mine lights up, brighter than the stars on a cold winter night and my eyes say “I love you” in a thousand languages. Everyone has that person that they can’t live without and you are that person for me. So please don’t kill yourself tonight because you would be killing me too.

© 2013 Laura Harrison


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like how you pointed out that you must remain strong to see the better things in life.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Such a touching poem!! SO much emotion in this poem ! I really felt it !!

Posted 10 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by this poetry author.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

558 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 29, 2013
Last Updated on October 29, 2013

Author

Laura Harrison
Laura Harrison

Ashton-under-Lyne, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom



About
My name is Laura, I am 25 and I write poetry to understand life. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Forever Forever

A Poem by Blue