Lost Love

Lost Love

A Story by Lauren99

I sat at the edge of the lake, like i do every morning. I starred off into the magnificent sunrise, thinking... Thinking about Jacob, i loved him so dearly but to no surprise we faded apart.

The day we met i had seemed like we knew each other for ages. Blind to everything in the world but him, this was truly love at first sight. I took one glance at him and knew he, Jacob, was the one i would spend the rest of my life with. His tall , muscular body, with long brown hair barley covering his stunning blue eyes, made me breathless. 

"Today," he said, "I will make this the most unforgettable day of your life." He grabbed my hand and sprinted out side to his old ford truck. "My lady," he gestured to the open door, helping me up. "Thank you very much," I thanked him with the happiest grin on my face. Leaping into the car, he handed me a blindfold, he insisted i put it on so that it was a surprise as to where he was taking me.  It was a long drive, soon i was getting a little bit nervous, but as i heard his calming voice, immediately my nervousness was overcome by excitement.

The long drive soon ended as the car pulled off the the road. I reached up about to remove the blind fold. "NO! Please don't do that Jasmine, it will ruin my surprise." I giggled to his seriousness but reluctantly i kept it on. He raced around the car to my door. As he opened the door i turned my body sideways to face him, with one storng gesture, he grabbed me around my waist and lifted me down to the ground. I was falling in love, and all i could do is stand there and smile. He grabbed my hand and lead me down a path. Once we got to the bottom of this mysterious place, he lifted me up and carried me to a seat, where he then set my down. "Okay Jasmine, are you ready?" Not being able to speak, i just nodded my head.

I was breathless. I stood up and walked around, turning in a full 360. Nobody was in sight, just me and him. I was standing in a little beach house with no walls, just curtains for privacy. In the middle of the this was and over sized hammock with a small night stand next to it. But that was just the least of my amazement, it was stunning, the view. We were on a beach with warm, soft sand that stretched miles on either side of us. In front of us was the calm, beautiful, blue ocean meeting the multicolored horizon. Now that it was almost night fall, the sky was absolutely breathtaking. 

"Jacob.. Oh my gosh! This is magnificent!" I exclaimed with joyful tears in my eyes. I ran over to him and swung my arms around him. He lifted me up and spun me around. "I'm so glad you like it." Jacob had a huge grin on his face! "I have something for you," he said so mysteriously, "I'll be right back though, its in my truck." As he sprinted up to his truck i just stood their taking in the beauty.

When he came back he was in swim trunks, and a button down shirt. Holding a bikini in one hang and i towel in another he handed it to me. "Here, i thought we could have fun and go swimming, you can go change behind those curtains, I'll be waiting for you on the beach," and with that he walked out to give me privacy. I changed into the bikini and went outside to meet him.

After hours of swimming and splashing around in the water having fun it started to get dark, so he took my hand and we started walking down the beach. We were talking about everything and anything. Just laughing and having a good romantic time. After walking till one in the morning he drove me home, he told me we should do that again sometime. I agreed. After he left i fell asleep soundly, and dreamt about him that night.

The next couple days i didnt want to seem too anxious and call him, so i waited... After a week went by i called and I couldn't reach him. Soon after a couple months went by, i tried any number under him name, not wanting to lose him. Soon after six months i realized, i was probably never going to talk to him or see him ever again. I cried my eyes out for days, and became depressed after a while. I had just lost my first real love.

© 2010 Lauren99


Author's Note

Lauren99
Please comment and rate! Thanks, this is my first post!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think this is good. I agree with Jason overall. I liked it though. It was an interesting little story. I love romantic stories, but this was really cute. I understand how she feels though. I couldn't always be in touch with one of the guys that I was dating. He would have been at work or he would be at church. Or he would be with friends. We would talk in school mostly, but after school was when we could really talk about anything. I did get really depressed after we broke up. I went to the prom with him and everything. Well this was really nice. I just want to give you one suggestion though just capitalize the I's. That is the only thing I wanted to say. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Amazing story..unpredictable ending..

Posted 11 Years Ago


I agree with Angela! But I did enjoy this very much

Posted 13 Years Ago


I liked it. A little sad but the writing was exciting and kept me wondering what was going to happen next. Sometimes mysterious people come into our lives and we connect, and then, just as quickly they disappear. Keep up the good work.
Wally

Posted 13 Years Ago


Innocent... sweet.... and outstanding. You are either too modest or don't understand your own talent; because you really are a gifted writer. I agree with Coyote Poetry, you could make this into a great book. Outstanding write :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Innocently roamntic... true loves always come back.. You will one day meet again..

Posted 13 Years Ago


You wrote a outstanding short story. You brought me in with a slow and gentle pace of the trip to the beach. Left me with the ending of a mystery and a sadness. This would be a very good lead to a strong book. The what?, Who? What? and where? could make this a interesting tale of love. Thank you for sharing this story.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Thanks everybody... I realize there were a lot of spelling and grammatical errors, I was going back later to fix them, but I just decided the story was done now and I can fix the little things later. Thanks for your input though!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think this is good. I agree with Jason overall. I liked it though. It was an interesting little story. I love romantic stories, but this was really cute. I understand how she feels though. I couldn't always be in touch with one of the guys that I was dating. He would have been at work or he would be at church. Or he would be with friends. We would talk in school mostly, but after school was when we could really talk about anything. I did get really depressed after we broke up. I went to the prom with him and everything. Well this was really nice. I just want to give you one suggestion though just capitalize the I's. That is the only thing I wanted to say. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aw, sad, but sweet! i wonder wat happend to him? btw, storng-strong. just a typo. This was a great write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well, it's a good story.
A very good story, in my opinion.

However, there were several grammatical errors and spelling errors.
I don't want to knit-pick, though.
So, if you get some free time, perhaps you could scan over the story and find them for yourself.
Even if you don't, it's not too big of a deal. (Unless you suddenly were to decide to publish it or turn it in for a grade in school)
The story is still easy to understand and follow, and the errors didn't take away too much from the impact of the entire piece.
Besides, I don't believe it's my place to judge based on grammar and spelling. I'm simply here to tell you that this is a brilliant story.
Good job. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

473 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 17, 2010
Last Updated on June 17, 2010


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Gemini Gemini

A Poem by Anonymous