Far away from consiousness

Far away from consiousness

A Story by Lauren Alaska

He loves me, I thought. I mean, how can he not. I'm beautiful and loving. Ever since the first grade when he moved in next door, he can't stand to be away from me. He's an odd one though, theres just something differnet about him. Than hasn't changed a bit either, here we are still living next door in the houses we grew up in.

 

"Hey Jess." Than lets himself into my house, like always. He isn't your average looking guy, hes 6 foot tall and scarcley pale, with pitch black hair and the darkest grey eyes ever. All his unique features put together makes him exceptionaly handsome.

 

"Hey there! What you doing here.?" I asked. "I wanted to ask you somehting important, I've been building up courage for almost 2 months now," He shyly says with embarassment.

 

"Well sure. Okay, what is it?"

"Well," he takes a deep breath, "would you like to go on a date with me... Tonight?"

 

I wasn't the least bit shocked. I knew he had a thing for me, I just never thought about what I would say if he actually asked.

 

"Hm, yeah sounds great!" Smiling, I'm satisfied with my decisoin.

"Great, so I'll come get you at 7." With the biggest grin on his face he skips out of my house with excitement.

 

The day went by fast and before I know it its 6 o'clock in the evening. I scramble to get ready before Than comes and gets me. I do my hair, and my make up, and I put on a cute dress. Trying not to dress too formal I just put on a dainty summer dress with a red and white floral pattern.

 

In a blink of an eye, Than shows up in my house. I bound downstairs to find him sitting on my couch. He stares at me breathless before holding out one hand to me, he hands me beautiful roses. Black roses.

 

"They're beautiful Than, thank you so much!" I excalim. "Ahh, it wasn't a big thing, I'm glad you like them." I take them into my kitchen to put them in a vase before we leave.

 

We head out to Than's car to leave. It was already dark out, but it was beautiful, you could see the whole sky, covered in stars. When we start driving Than starts talking about his day, he always talked a lot, probably much more than anyone appreciates. But it didn't bother me, I was never much of a talker so I enjoyed listening to him.

 

We were drving for a long time until he finally pulls off the road, but not anywhere close to  where we should be. We lived in a small town, but it seems he was driving out of town, we're on a simple two lane road, both sides obscured by trees.

 

"Than, where are we? What are we doing?" I ask, a little bit worried.

"Jess, I think we have a problem." Than looks at me, a dead serious expression on his face.

"What is it?"

"We both can tell you don't want to be here, you only care about yourself, not me."

 

He gets out of the car, walks over to my door and swings it wide open.

"Get out of the car, Jess!" I was scared now, I didn't know where we were and what Than was doing.

 

"Do you know who I am Jess, do you know what I do?" He had a crazy grin on his face, what was wrong with him. Iv'e known him for nearly 20 years, I've NEVER once seen him like this.

 

I began to feel weak and I fell to the ground, I could barley talk, I was losing my breath. "Than .. What are you doing to me?"

 

I began to see nothing but black. I was laying on the road, it was cold and wet. I could barley hear. What is he, why is he doing this to me.

 

Gathering up the last of my strenght I tried pulling myself away from Than. There was no use though, Than got back into his car. I heard the rumbling of the engine and smell of exhaust.

 

The sound of the car got farther and farther away..

 

Until I couldn't hear it anymore.

 

I gave up, and fell into unconsiousness.

 

© 2012 Lauren Alaska


Author's Note

Lauren Alaska
Just something short, I wrote this when I was trying to over come writers block. Nothing special, didn't put much thought into it. But I thought, hey, might as well get some reviews out of it? (:

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on June 20, 2012
Last Updated on June 20, 2012

Author

Lauren Alaska
Lauren Alaska

Anchorage, AK



About
I'm Lauren. There's so many things nobody knows about me, I can honestly say that there's not one person standing on this planet who knows everything about me. I use this to help me write, I expose.. more..

Writing