Chapter 1 Uneasy Sensation

Chapter 1 Uneasy Sensation

A Chapter by Lauren

The burnt orange sun was colliding against the crashing waves of the sea as Gin sat on the deck of the MNS D'artagnan. Gin understood that this mission was only recon of the ships that the Republic had sunk lately. It must be something important for Maastricht to send out resources for recon while preparing for war. Everyone at the base in mechanics was bustling around working on mechs. Gin couldn't even keep up with the work load. He hadn't even finished the one he was working on before the higher ups stormed in and demanded staff for this mission.
 

"I guess it's money." Gin sighed. 

 

Gin doesn't like fighting, nor does he like the war he was forced into. War means death, pain and suffering. The wind swirled around him. It was sharply cold that it sent shivers down his spine. If he didn't have a suit he could probably see goosebumps and his hair standing on end. Gin dug deeper into his reasoning. Death isn't unknown or scary to him, but he hasn't experienced any death yet of what he can remember. He loathes the fact that his ill mother speaks of her impending death everyday. The words of death are numbing. Death isn't that bad is it...?

 

"Hey Gin!" a voice calls out from behind him.

 

It was Marcus his friend and coworker behind. As annoying as he is, Marcus has always stuck around Gin for better or for worse. Marcus comes from kind of a religious family, they do not go to the church on the hill though. A few people met with his family in their home. Marcus is always quoting scriptures.

 

Marcus runs up behind Gin but trips, landing face first beside Gin. Gin bursts out laughing while Marcus looks up and smiles: "Hey, you laughed!"

"Yeah, and I will keep laughing." Gin remarks.

Marcus looks at the sun as it starts to turn a bright crimson over the restless sea.

 

"What do you think they want to recover from the wreckage?" Marcus asks.

"Must be pretty important for them to send us out here." Gin states.

Marcus frowns as he flips over facing the horizon and pulls his legs in close to him.

 

"My father said the military is playing with demonic things." Marcus whines.

Marcus was not supposed to support the military but he chickened out. Since then he hasn't seen his family, for they went into hiding to prevent from being caught up in the draft. Sometimes Gin sees Marcus' father Paul preaching in the next town over but they do not stay in one place for long. 

 

Gin had a strange sensation in his stomach as the continued to the wreckage site. 



© 2013 Lauren


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on December 29, 2013
Last Updated on December 29, 2013


Author

Lauren
Lauren

Writing
Loss Loss

A Chapter by Lauren