Loss

Loss

A Chapter by Lauren

Gin hopped into the cockpit of a common marine type mech and the hatch shut tightly sealing him in. This differed from combat mechs and was fit for underwater pressure. The cockpit sat near the top for easier maneuvering. Instead of the major supports of the machine being square like ones for the land uses, these were rounded. Still quite bulky thought. Better designs are being put into combat units.

 

"We will be sending teams of two out in a 4 mile radius. Please stick to your teammate and comm in if you find anything important." The Captain stated over the Comm system.

 

"What is that supposed to mean?" Gin mumbles to himself.

 

Gin grips the controls, outlining the handles with his thumbs. He had basic training on mechs and scored well on the aptitude test. Ocean maneuvering isn't as easy or exciting as flying though the air. You are bogged down by the density and pressure of the water around you. Thus turning takes more force compared to the the amount of speed and force in the air. Gin and Marcus are team three of four. They are to search the northern area with the least amount of wreckage Identified by sonar.  

 

"Hatch Delta opening, team three stand by." Comes over the Comm

 

Gins cockpit lights up with screens and he starts the mech up. They will be released from an underwater hatch in the  

Now realized in the ocean they start sinking to the bottom. Since they are near the coastline the ocean is not as deep making reaching the bottom and recovery either.

 

"Marcus stay close to me, to the east side." Gin speaks over the crackling radio.. 

 

Wreckage, oil and chemicals fill the ocean in this area. The muck of it swirls around him. No fish are to be seen. Usually you would see shining schools of them but here the ocean is polluted is the gunk of destroyed ships and mechs.  

 
"When did this fight happen? There is still so much unsettle damage here. Look at all of it. This was more than a simple ambush." Gin scoff to himself. 

 

Marcus and Gin stay as a team searching the ocean floor. The ocean is silent and still, deafening to ears compared to the violent fight of waves on the surface. Marcus rushes forward excited to be ther.

"Woohoooo!" Marcus says on the Comm between them.

 

Gin laughs and starts to the west of their area. He sinks to the ocean floor. He picks up a piece of metal and throws it but the water slows it as it lands on the sand, stirring the sand up. 
"What are we looking for?" He mumbles to himself. 

 

<Music Start>

 

The water sudden throws Gin to his side. Sssshhhuuublam. Gin snaps his mech around peering in the direction of the blast. It came in the direction that Marcus went.

 

"Mayday Mayday Mayday, enemy spotted...crackle.. crackle G-gggggiiinnnnn!" Marcus yells through the com system. 

 

Gin throws the thrusts in to full gear racing toward the direction of his dear friend. Some figures come into view. Two mechs, one dark blue with a shining gold strip around it: Marcus. Another grey with an orange strip around it. It was the Republican Defense Alliance's combat mech. The enemy mech had it's arm around Marcus' cockpit. Gin screams as he rushes at the mechs with the machine's arm up ready to strike the enemy when suddenly he is hit by another combat mech and thrown away from them. Error rushes across Gin's screen as he looks up at Marcus, crrruuuunnch. The enemy mech one's grip tightens around the cockpit. It cracks and water rushes in on Marcus.

 
"M-Marcus!" Gin Screams his name.

 

Gin over rides the error, starting the thrusters and dashes to Marcus. Grabbing it from him only to run into a mine shell. It explodes. Gin throws his hands against the wall of the machine as the blast sends them apart. The mech auto ejects Gin out into the ocean due to pilots having underwater suits on. 

 

<Music End>



© 2013 Lauren


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on December 29, 2013
Last Updated on December 29, 2013