Life�s REVELATIONS

Life�s REVELATIONS

A Poem by Legacy

   

What are we searching for – where does our yearning lie?
I am not quite sure, I have the feeling I am destined for something bigger than I... (I know THIS - what I am becoming). I don’t intentionally provoke immorality... But why then, do I welcome it with open arms? Why do I enjoy it so? Why…, (What I have desired for so long) -A place I could feel safe, call home is anything ‘but’…

In life, there comes a time when we must ‘stand and recognize’!
I’d like to think I’ve earned this right, paid my dues if you will... I have managed to hold my own, infusing with-in - what is right and wrong... I know who I was and what I am becoming... Are others exempt?

Put your hands together as you look to the sky...
For years gone-by, more than I would like to remember ‘I have done just this’… Where have YOU been? Why do I feel YOU have forsaken me like the rest? I have believed in you when others have not. Have I been ‘dismissed’?

Auspicious signs will then reveal,
Hmm~… this indeed, they do. Beware though… not everything appears to be an open book.

Life is ambiguous… even-handed it is not!
Open to interpretation – how true is this! No apparent objective – it depends on how you view life. Unfair and cruel – THIS I am all too familiar with.

Don’t inspire with apprehension,
I do not have the luxury of encouraging fearful expectations.

We might have one – forcing its threshold...
I’ve had the drive to push forward for so long. Why now… am I giving in, giving up this fight? True is this - boundaries are only as we imagine them.

- Love and compassion a vital quality
Interesting traits… do they really exist?

Purity and Innocence, a distinguishing feature...
Forsaken me - these have done.

Life has a path ‘to each its own’.
To claim it as mine… this I do not choose.
Ours dreams lose their way, To say I’ve had them once – I guess in ‘goals’ I did.

Legacies ‘somewhere’ have become obscured...
Does such a word or belief still exist today?
For this is the 20th Century - People are not here for their names to stay...?

© 2007 Legacy
 

© 2008 Legacy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have to say that I agree with Ms. Belsito after reading this. Indeed you have put together a very imaginative piece. I think the object seems to be more thought provoking that spontanous agreement of the masses. There are certainly parts that we can all debate upon and I think by writing this you have increased awareness of where we are all heading or at least could be.

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

this is excellent. You should try writing an essay or story. I believe you can do it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was excellent..........I love the double entendre at the end. A poem is anything that you declare poetry to be.....that is a response to a comment below. The under lining did distract me. It is a very strong poem. I felt as tough you under lined to make a strong point. BUT, the work stands upon its own in strength.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have to say I struggle with these thoughts myself... I think it's all part of the journey... a journey that isn't always fair... I'm not going to preach or throw out the usual pearls of wisdom... I'm sure you have plenty of these yourself ~smiles~
beautifully thought provoking and comforting, if you can believe that, knowing that there are others out there with similar struggles reinforces my belief in humanity and makes me feel like I'm not so alone in the world... thanks for this ;)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Life's REVELATIONS". I should say so! You take us on a trip through the human experience, the doubts, the aspirations, and the disappointments. And you start right out with the fundamental question: "What are we searching for". How perceptive! And that's really the big question isn't it. We strive throughout our lives looking. We all find different answers. Some seek answers in religion. Some immerse themselves in art, in love, in work. And this search doesn't always play out the way we had hoped. We can feel forsaken, especially if answers don't come easily. As you say, life is ambiguous and not an open book. This causes doubt in values previously held dear, causing one even to question whether there are any true virtues at all, such as love and compassion. And this doubt changes you. You become affected by the world, horrified by the transformation from an innocent child to a less than perfect, all-to-human adult. Yes, where are the legacies? In today's world, it often seems that we're out of control, that life pushes us onwards, that we are more like ants than striving, thinking beings, capable of choosing our destiny. Ants don't leave legacies.

Your poem's content is poignant. I was barely aware of form. The words simply disappeared as I read the piece. Others may object that no matter what, we must not give up the "good fight", and feel dismayed by your piece. I think this is escapist in many ways, misses the point, and fails to face the realities of life as frankly and honestly as you have in the poem.

This is a very fine piece, tremendously thought provoking and raising deep emotions.

My best wishes to you,

Rick

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This does bring up some interesting contemplations.

God has not forsaken in my view of things, mearly adjusted and adapted to force us to think and act more on our own, then by divine providence.
I believe that Art is Gods chosen language. Using humanities imagination to imprint his ideas down for others to see.
The more people write, or paint or take photographs and carve. The more his idea's shall be revealed to those who take the time to watch.

People in this day and age yearn for everything with out really asking themselve why they want it so badly. A blind eagerness cages mankind from seeing clearly the true paterns of needs vs. wants.

I don't think anyone is forsaken. Only blinded to the information being filtered in to the human relm from that realm of heaven and God.

Love and compassion do exist, I think that it's a far smaller trait then it really should be though.

Purity should be defined as the force of human will
Innocense should be difined as the ability to move through life without being jaded by other misconceptions.

Just some things that popped into my mind as I read this.
Great Work of Craftsmanship!

My insanity runs deep! I would gladly offer a pint or two!
Ashley




Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is a good conversation starter...thought provoking...well done!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An excellent job

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very thougtful and full of Existential rhetoric. Deep-seated words that sure require individualistic pondering.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This makes you think, it asks you question and you can come up with many answers. It's a great poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Why do I feel YOU have forsaken me like the rest?" Very biblical going there. Intentional or random? Either way, makes for a good extra pinge of confusion.

"For this is the 20th Century - People are not here for their names to stay...? " Love that line! So filled with contemplation, paralells, so many connotations it's just up to each and every one to pick and choose.
The paralells back to long gone times, to ideals, to loyalties, to truths, to lies, to believes, to goals... There's a lot of layering, very much early 20th century literature by the sounds of it. Think Huxley and the rest.

All in all there's much room for personal interpretation in the piece. The ideas of the author remain reachable but simultaneously un known, the way it should be . No answers just questions, and gray. Only feedback really is to structure it up even more. I'm not even sure how that'd work, but sort of intensify the length of it...

x and os


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4792 Views
178 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on February 7, 2008
Last Updated on February 21, 2008

Author

Legacy
Legacy

About
Information to come more..

Writing
Dark Secrets Dark Secrets

A Poem by Legacy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..