The Emerald-Opal Heir - Author's Note

The Emerald-Opal Heir - Author's Note

A Chapter by A.L.

I wasn't originally going to make this a "chapter", but I thought I might run out of room in the light author's note box. 
This is the first "series" I've ever written, and, wow, has it been a long journey. 
When I started The Reader a little over a year and a half ago, I had no idea I would become so devoted to finishing Emmeline's story. At first, Coral, Forrest, and Clara weren't supposed to be main characters at all. It was supposed to be a nice, one book long fantasy exploring the magic of goddesses and a writing prompt I'd seen about tattoos and people's futures. 
I got a good deal of support with The Reader and I realized I really liked the concept I'd created, so I continued with The Writer a few months later, exploring more into multiple POVs and playing around with more character depth (I hope, at least). The story was supposed to end with The Writer, too, but then I got to the end and I decided just to make it a trilogy. 
The ideas for The Emerald-Opal Heir have been plaguing me since last spring, before I even finished my last story. I knew vaguely how the series would end (but I'm not spoiling anything), and I had a few ideas for the plot but my outline was relatively empty. I was pleasantly surprised by the turn the story took, and though planning which POV to use when was a bit challenging at times, I wanted to get a look through all of my characters' eyes. The ending actually surprised me more than I'd care to admit and the epilogue itself took two extra weeks to write (and not just because of a busy schedule) because I had no idea what I was doing. 
I know this is kind of a ramble, but I just wanted to thank everyone who has supported me through this adventure. 
These characters have been a part of my life for almost two years now - I have drawings and short stories for each of them - and now that I've finished the trilogy, it feels like it's all coming to an end, and I can't believe it's all over. 
Feedback is appreciated, especially for the later two stories (I've grown as a writer, I think, and I want to know how my newer style is), and I hope you've had as much fun reading about Emmeline and her crew as I've had writing about them. 
Thanks for Reading!


© 2022 A.L.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on February 19, 2022
Last Updated on February 19, 2022
Tags: blessed, cursed, adventure, goddesses, sword, love, death, betrayal, kingdom, kingdoms, war, castle, magic, reading, writing, prince, king, queen, royalty


Author

A.L.
A.L.

About
When I was eleven, my cousins and I sat down and decided we want to write a fifty book long series that would become an instant bestseller. Obviously, that hasn't happened yet (and I doubt it will) bu.. more..

Writing
Fatefall - 1 Fatefall - 1

A Chapter by A.L.