Sketch

Sketch

A Poem by Leslie Philibert
"

cold

"
Cold. Stars. A breath you can see.  
Hills stand round the village like ignored guests
at a reception. The lines of the street fail ; they obey not.

The second ; the sleet forces my
face down to the wet path. It is nearly time.

The end. I return to a home that kicks me.
Cold. The stars ice. Midnight.

© 2013 Leslie Philibert


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a good poem already and something that really needs a lot of thoughts and feedback. great job with this, Sir~

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow deeply write and genius touch in this craft. love the story progerssion excellent write! Good job Mr. Leslie!

Posted 11 Years Ago


A great sense of realism, your words honestly bring me to those moments we all feel. To be able to conjure up imagery in as few words as this is very impressive. Great work! Something I can strive for...

Posted 11 Years Ago


You ARE important! This is a fantastc poem. Bravo! --david

Posted 11 Years Ago


Extremely evocative piece. Poetry like this reminds one of the power of words to convey images, feelings and that one does not need a bucket-load of them to do so. I love writing that raises questions and leaves me to answer them with my imagination. I have been where this narrator is. It all fits.
All the best
Alex.


Posted 11 Years Ago


A sketch done in black ink with crosshatched tones. I particularly enjoy the line abouut the streets failing. Excellent piece.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I loved the picture you sketched here of an icy blue midnight.
We all have the familiar that dampens us, leaves us cold and lonely. Thanks.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This really is like a sketch, the readers seeing and feeling what you see. Wonderful write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like this. It draws the reader along to the end and the whole feeling is one of coldness. It's as if they person in the poem is trapped in a sad cycle.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Reading this I get a sense of coldness, of the spirit and the body. There's a sense of loneliness and being in a storm as well. I really enjoyed reading your poem. Nicely written.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

373 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 13, 2013
Last Updated on February 13, 2013

Author

Leslie Philibert
Leslie Philibert

Bavaria, Germany



About
I`m not important. I just want to write a couple of good poems. Just read what I write. That`s enough. more..

Writing
End End

A Poem by Leslie Philibert



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Soul Soul

A Poem by lee von cleef