First Day at Aunt Carey's

First Day at Aunt Carey's

A Chapter by Lexi =]

Chapter 2
Aunt Carey
“ I can’t believe your making me live with Aunt Carey” I said as I looked at my mom. I noticed she was hurting a lot just driving me to her house. My mom hates me being away from her. Now I’m going to be away from for 3 months or more.
“ I’m sorry, Scarlet. You know Aunt Carey she can help you.” My mom said trying not to cry. Aunt Carey wasn’t even my aunt. She’s an old therapist of mine who takes interest in my so called fake sightings of Contessa. Since I’m going to live with her she’s going to observe my every move. This is going to suck.
My mom came to a hard stop at a huge two story house. I gasped at its beauty. Its Victorian house that is painted a light purple. One of my favorite colors. I turned around to notice mom pulling out my suitcases. Her eyes were watering. I don’t get it. If she doesn’t want me to leave her. Why did she send me here? 
“ Here” My mom said as she handed me my suitcases. 
“ Hey Kayla!” Carey yelled as she walked out of her gorgeous house. “ Scarlet your room is upstairs on the left. Feel free to make it anyway you want.”
“Hey Carey” My mom said. She and Carey moved to a bench and started a conversation… about me. I ignored them and went up to  my new room. The house was big but not empty. I noticed there were three kids at the house. A boy around the age of five or six, A girl around seven, and a tall boy around my age, fifteen.
“ You’re the new kid here?” said the tall boy. 
“ Um, Yeah. She’s observing all of us?” I asked.
“ No, Just me and you. Were the nutcase’s the others are her kids.” He said. He grabbed my other suitcase and led me to my new room.  
“ Here. You go.” He pointed at the room. “ It may suck to be observed like a guinea pig but we still get a real nice place to be in.” 
“ Yeah your right, This room is amazing.” I said as I gasped at the room. It was large and painted a pretty blue. The bed was in the middle with a solid colored blue comforter, that matched the walls. On one side there was a bay window with a laptop and some books on its ledge.
“ Ha. Yeah. By the way. I’m Zane.” he said. 
“ Scarlet, call me Scar. Um. Why are you here?” I asked, nervous if he didn’t want to talk about it. 
“ When I was little my mom died. After her death, I started to see her and i still do. I know it sounds weird but I've really seen her ghost. No lie. My dad thinks I’m crazy and emotionally scarred. So he sent me here to see if Carey can help me. What about you?” He said. I looked at him scared to say what I’ve seen. He’d think I’m a nutcase.
“ I know… this sounds like I’m mental but when I was six. I used to have nightmare’s of this lady, Contessa. After repeated nightmare’s, she became real. When I’d walk alone, I caught glimpses of her. She’d follow me. A few nights ago, she came back to warn me about a visit.” I said. I made it sure that I’d leave out that she’s part spider. 
“ Wow. That’s a bit freaky. Did she tell you who’s visiting you?”
“ No. She didn’t. I just have to wait till my birthday.”
“ Oh. When’s that?” 
“ In three days.” 
“ Oh cool.”
Zane and I talked for a few minutes. Then he left me so I could unpack. I stuffed my drawers with clothes, it didn’t take that long. When I got done with it all. I took a seat on the bay window. I looked at the laptop and the books. I wondered if Carey was giving the stuff to me. I looked at the books noticing they were the rest of my House of Night series. 
“ Goodbye, Scarlet.” My mom said in the doorway. I looked at her blankly hoping for her to change her mind.
“Bye.” I said, not bothering to say I love you. My mom walked off with tears in her eyes. I went and looked out the bay window. I sat there hanging on to my Pikachu plush. Oh why! Why did she have to leave! Now I’m stuck here. I don’t even know how long exactly. The only thing is I that I have someone else who kind of has the same problem as me. Zane. I have to admit he is hot especially with his mossy green eyes and black hair.
“ Scarlet. School starts tomorrow, Zane will show you around, okay?” Carey said making me snap out of my daze. 
“ Alright…” 
“ Dinner starts in an hour.” Carey said. A few minutes after she walked off. Zane came to my doorway. He lightly knocked onto the side of my door.
“May I come in?” He asked.
“ Yeah..”
“I have a question… Did you ever ask the Contessa lady why she tortured you?” 
“ All I know is that she loved too. I’m surprised your even talking to me I’m a whacko.” 
“ No your not. Who knows. She could be real. Just wait till your birthday.” 
Dinner was okay. I can’t say it was good. One of Carey’s kids, the girl. I believe her name is Lucy. She flung like three peas at me. Carey didn’t even care. Wow. What a parent. I guess I’m just overreacting. Everything irritates me right now. I’m not supposed to be here!! 
“ Scarlet…?” I heard a voice. Obviously I fell asleep again. I wonder if its Contessa again. To bad I can’t see or feel anything.
“Contessa?” I said sarcastically.
“No. I’m Meredith. A friend of Contessa’s” The lady said. Soon the blackness faded and I saw the nighttime. The moon was bright and the grass was dark green. I saw Meredith too. She was just as beautiful as Contessa before she turned into a spider mutant lady thing. Meredith’s skin was the color of the moon and it glistened.
“ Oh Whoop De Doo! Another spider lady…” I said hoping that Meredith won’t bite my head off. Wait… don’t praying mantis only do that. Egh. Whatever.
“ Um. Not a spider lady. I’m a Vampire. Anyways Contessa told me to tell you that on your birthday you need to go out into Carey’s garden. Alone.” She said. I can sense the anger in her voice because I called her a spider lady. But of Course she had to be a vampire. No, A human can’t warn me about my life , only creature or monsters can. I wonder if I should trust this lady.
“ Ugh. Fine.” I said. Then Meredith faded and so did the beautiful moon. Everything was pitch black again.


© 2010 Lexi =]


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i love it so much. i loved the , meaning. very Good!!

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 13, 2010
Last Updated on April 14, 2010


Author

Lexi =]
Lexi =]

Houston, TX



About
Hey! I am Alexis. Most call me lexi! (which I rather) and Im 13. I like all kinds of music. My main genres though are Dance and Electronic and Alternative and Rock. My favorite person ever is Mitc.. more..

Writing