Only

Only

A Poem by Academy6
"

I could...only I can't

"
Only.

The road infront of us is small and narrow, pulling out pieces of my sanity. I lean in the door and stare at the window like its a tv screen.

Only, it's not.

The images of dead trees and street signs passing by are the star of my twisted show. And the grass is dead and the buildings are rotting. And even though my world is grey, all that matters is the missing coat.

If this were any other situation, meaning my younger sisters, this probably would be something small. It wouldn't matter. But no. It's me. So it's the biggest thing in the world.

Only, it's not.

My best friends hate me. My mind is a wreck. And I'm pretty sure my sanity was donated to Good Will. I sat there, and watched the world pass me by. And I shiver at the sight of nothing.

I look at the car door and ignore the pounding in my head. I breath in the dead air and close my eyes as it rips apart my lungs. The door is so close...and if we keep going about this fast I'm sure I might be able to pull it off. Opening the door, and falling out of the seat. Hitting my head on the cement and cracking my skull. It's be so easy. Just unbuckle the belt the binds me to the chair. Open the door and feeling my body hit the ground.

Or maybe hit a sign. That could probably do it. If my neck hit it first. The breath would catch and before I knew it the blood would cover my air ways. I'd die after a good minute. And I would die in peace.

But it wouldn't be peace.

I could do it. No one would suspect it. If I landed in the street then I'd probably get ran over. It'd be quicker. I would see a thing. Then after I could say one word to seal the deal of suicide.

But, I guess it would be really, really hard. The doors locked and I wouldn't be able to unlock it without suspicion. And my seat belt would hold me back and I could choke on it before I get out. Then the door would ring and it would close due to the harsh wind. So I guess it wouldn't work.

It was a sick and twisted dream. But I'm in a sick twisted world. And it would be to warm there.

Only, it's not.

© 2014 Academy6


Author's Note

Academy6
I wrote this in five minutes. I wanted to see if you guys like it 😊

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on December 21, 2013
Last Updated on January 21, 2014
Tags: Suicide, teen, car rides

Author

Academy6
Academy6

CO



About
The children all over the world are crying out, and the world is darkening. It has fallen into dispair. We are those children. Hear our voices. more..

Writing
Fever Fever

A Story by Academy6


Screen Screen

A Story by Academy6