Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by Meradee

Adam quietly tip toed after the figure in the dark, unsure at the same moment why he was following after a possible burglar, someone who was potentially dangerous. As he got closer he noticed a light switch on the wall next to where he was standing. Seeing as the intruder was stopped at the door only a couple feet away he flipped on the light and was prepared to leap at the trespasser.

A deep low scream, the sound reverberating off the walls of the kitchen. Adam began to laugh as he discovered that the sound had erupted from the 'intruder' or Naomi. He would never have expected something of that tone to ever come out of her. If he had ever expected her to scream it would have been a high pitched girly noise.

Naomi looked at him incredulously through her glasses as he continued to laugh. Her heart was still racing from when the light had been turned on. She had feared that Patrick had indeed come for her and wanted her to see him before she died. But then why would he suddenly decide to kill her? But then maybe it wasn't sudden, he always planned things out; this could be that moment when he finally decided to carry out his plan. No! She mentally shook herself, knowing that none of it was true. A deal had been made; he wasn't going to hurt her again.

Before Ann had left the hotel to go back home she had asked Naomi about her reaction to Adam. When her employer had replied with merely a nonchalant shrug she had explained who he was. "He's been People magazine's sexiest man for years!" Ann had explained enthusiastically. "He's totally gorgeous and he's single, and every single woman and teenager loves his movies...except for you of course, you're completely shut off from the world." Even this little bit of realization on the teen's part hadn't dampened her spirits at having a famous movie star in their hotel.

Ann may have thought that Naomi hadn't really cared that he was famous, but on the contrary, Naomi was very grateful. It had diminished her fear of him almost completely. But a tiny tickle still remained, just like with all large, strong men. Something in her brain just wouldn't let her release that fear. Wouldn't let her forget everything that had happened to her. It was a burden that she carried, and probably would for the rest of her life.

"What are you doing in the kitchen this late at night?" Naomi asked breathlessly as soon as she could speak again.

"It's not late, it's actually early," Adam pointed to the clock on the wall. 1:18 AM. Joy, what a wonderful time to be scared half to death when you're scared already. "And I heard a crash," When she'd knocked over the metal bowl on the counter. She had no night vision had hadn't calculated the counter to be where it was. She adjusted her glasses on her nose, looking down at the ground before looking back at Adam.

"I'm sorry I woke you." She said stoically.

"It's all right I thought I would check it out, just to make sure." He studied her a moment before continuing, "When I got down here I noticed the window was open and then I saw you walking across the room." He paused, "I didn't know you wore glasses." A small smile appeared on his lips. Naomi was confused by the action.

"The window was open?" She asked forcing herself to focus on the situation at hand and not this extremely attractive man in front of her.

"Yeah, I thought that you had come in through the window and were going to get into that room there. Maybe steal something..." Adam's smile got a little larger, "I was going to play the hero and save your inn from any burglar that might try to get in."

"I assure you," Naomi said gaining confidence that she hadn't had in years. The confidence was something that had been stripped from her when she left Ireland, something that remained elusive to her. "That I don't need a hero. I can take care of myself." I think.

"I'm sure you can. But I am also sure that you didn't leave that window open." Adam replied, his smile still in place. A plan was concoting under that beautiful head of hair, but Naomi was completely oblivious to that, she was now only focused on the window.

"I didn't leave it open." Naomi moved toward the window, leaving her back to Adam, that twinge of fear reapeared threatening to escape from it's tightly locked cage. She had only managed to harness it again that afternoon, after her encounter with Adam. She only hoped that she could keep it there this time.

"Hey, I'll take a look." Adam said passing her quickly. Secretly Naomi was grateful for the gesture, though she would never admit it. He stuck his head out the window and looked down. What he saw made his eyebrows pull together and bring his head back in quickly.



© 2009 Meradee


Author's Note

Meradee
What do you think? Anything you saw is much appreciated1

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on June 28, 2009


Author

Meradee
Meradee

New York, NY



About
Okay guys, after nearly two years of being dormant, I've decided to completely re-vamp my account here. I'm going to try and be as active as possible and post things as much as I can. I will tell .. more..

Writing
Beginning Beginning

A Chapter by Meradee


Trapped Trapped

A Chapter by Meradee