Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

A Chapter by Meradee

The morning dawned bright and muggy, just the way Naomi loved it. Ireland held a special place in her heart, but she felt that Florida was where she'd been destined to be her whole life. She was happier now then she had ever been in her homeland. Granted she wasn't as happy as she was when she was dancing, but nothing had made her happier than dancing. It was her relief, her joy, her purpose; something she had missed for the past three years.

After her encounter with Adam she had felt safer, more secure, despite the fact that someone, Patrick, had invaded her home. The dreams that frequented her three or four times a month had not made their appearance again after the first. In fact she had slept better that night then she had since she met the conniving, evil man in an Armani suit. The devil did not wear Prada, no instead the devil sported a perfectly tailored suit, a three hundred dollar hair cut, a cocky smile, and a way with unsuspecting women. Just the thought of him made her blood boil.

Naomi sat up, knowing that if she let her mind continue it's rantings she would be searching ever high end hotel in Miami for Patrick. And when she found him she would tie him to a chair, gag him and make him cry like a baby. Then she would torture him in every way possible, castrate him...that would be a very good idea. Then she would take her shot gun and blow his brains out. That way he would never be able to hurt a single soul again. He would be the devils problem from then on. But then, when she died she would be stuck with Patrick again, with the devil, in there for murder.

She sighed, wondering if she would do it even if murder was legal. It was an appealing thought, but she decided that no matter how much pain and trouble he had caused, he didn't deserve to be murdered, no one did. No matter how many people they killed. What he deserved was to rot in some cell with little food or water for the rest of his life. If there was only some way that she could make his life Hell without breaking any laws, she would.

Looking around the room for the first time since opening her eyes, Naomi almost fell out of bed when she saw Adam fast asleep in her armchair, his neck at a rather uncomfortable angle. Her eyes welled up with tears as she realized that he had stayed there for her. The man hadn't even known her for twenty-four hours and yet he was willing to sleep in her bedroom in an uncomfortable chair for half the night. His mother had raised him well.

Adam did not fit the profile for what she had heard referred to as 'the typical American male'. They were said to be lazy, rude, and uncivilized. They couldn't even open a door for a woman or treat her with respect, but Naomi had seen none of these qualities in him. He was even kinder than the people in the small little village she had grown up in. In all of her thirty years, she had never met a man more well mannered, kind, or civilized. She knew of no one who would stay the entire night in a chair without complaining just because some hysterical woman had asked him to, traumatic experience or not. The woman who captures his heart is going to be really lucky.

Looking at the clock she realized how late it was, she had not slept in till eight thirty since she was a teenager during holiday, and even then she hadn't slept in very late. Knowing that she needed to be at the desk she quickly showed and changed in the bathroom hoping that she wouldn't disturb Adam. She hated for him to continue to sleep in that position, but she also didn't want to wake him up, he looked so peaceful. 

In all the movies when the woman fell asleep in the car or on the couch the man would pick her up bridal style and tuck her into bed while soft romantic music played. If she was strong enough, Naomi would have picked Adam up bridal style and tucked him into her bed, but unfortunately for Adam, he was over six feet tall, probably over two hundred pounds of pure muscle, pure sexy hard muscle...No! She contradicted herself, you shouldn't be thinking of him in that way. Remember what happened the last time you let yourself fall? You almost died! She mentally shook herself and left her room.

Ann sat at the front desk reading her usual fashion magazine, Naomi was shocked to seen the teen there and ran through her mental calender. What day was it anyway?

"Ann what are you doing here?" Naomi asked. "It's Friday."

"It's Saturday." Ann replied smiling. "I come in early on Saturdays. I was wondering when I got here why you weren't up. Are you sick?"

"No." Naomi said flustered, how could it be saturday already? It was impossible! No it wasn't impossible, because yesterday was Friday, because she had gone to the store yesterday like she always did on Fridays. "No, I'm fine. I just had an eventful night."

Adam chose that moment to come out of her room, rubbing his neck, his shirt from the day before wrinkled, his hair rumpled. He looked sexy, and Naomi was so attracted to him right then that she almost ran over and kissed him. Hero worship, she thought as what she had almost done sunk in. "My neck is really sore from sleeping like that all night long." He said to Naomi as Ann stared wide eyed, obviously thinking something else. "I'm going to go up to my room. If there's anything you need, just let me know." With that he made his exit via the stairs.

Ann turned her gaze to Naomi a small smile on her face.

"It's not what you think it is!" She cried.

"Uh-uh." Ann said a full blown smile filling her face. "That's what they all say."



© 2009 Meradee


Author's Note

Meradee
As always be honest and tell me what you really think! What you say is very much appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Omg! im seriously hooked! i hope u right more :( i wana find out what happens to the sexy movie star and the adorable little irish girl.lol My only note would be that in some parts its kinda meladramatic. Like when he found out about the foot print he got a little too scared it seemed. But chapter 7 by far was the best. You sounded really professional.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 28, 2009


Author

Meradee
Meradee

New York, NY



About
Okay guys, after nearly two years of being dormant, I've decided to completely re-vamp my account here. I'm going to try and be as active as possible and post things as much as I can. I will tell .. more..

Writing
Beginning Beginning

A Chapter by Meradee


Trapped Trapped

A Chapter by Meradee