~ Chapter 2 ~ House of Wolves

~ Chapter 2 ~ House of Wolves

A Chapter by Color of the Iris

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~ Chapter 2 ~

 

House of Wolves

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We rounded the curb of a fenced wheat field, and then the horrific nightmare became reality.  I looked down at my converses to keep from looking at the inmates as they walked along the fence to smell the fresh meat that had just arrived like dogs.  Rogue was shivering in Blaine’s arms.  Only five minutes had passed since she had told the truth.  We really didn’t have time to react, and we were so numb from the truth we actually couldn’t.  My heart rate sped up by about three beats, and I knew the inmates could hear it.  The sexes were separated by electric fences adorned with bubbles of wire sharp enough to cut through our skin with the slightest touch.  The road the bus used to enter was the main separation between the fences.  The males were on one side, while females stayed on the other. Either way, they both acted like animals of a different nature. Both stood in front of the gate to stare at their prey, and they appeared hungry to play with their new toys.

And then… the anarchy began.

“Rogue!  How could you do this to us, d****t!” Daniel’s psychotic behavior was coming into play again.  He ripped her out of Blaine’s arms, and shook her violently.  “You stupid, w***e!  Do you see what you’ve done?” he was screaming, completely screaming.

Daniel’s action triggered Blaine’s reaction.  Blaine threw his huge fist into Daniel’s face, which caused him to plummet backwards with pain.  He caught Rogue, his strong arms holding her with ease.  Daniel lay on the floor of bus.  His long blonde hair thrown all over his sweat-adorned face.  His brown eyes wild and frightened like a dog being stripped out of its nature.  He rubbed his face where he’d been hit, and probably suspected he’d have a bruise later on.  He slowly stood up, and Blaine, who was still standing with his fist at the ready just in case he needed to knock him another one, watched him carefully.  “Are you calm?” he asked with a very strong voice.

Daniel just progressed forward without answering.

“Answer me Broash!  Are… you… calm?” his voice practically as loud as it could reach.

Daniel stopped just inches within Blaine’s face.  “If you ever think about hitting me again.  You’re going to need a new excuse to live.”

“All right!  You cats can stop pissin’ yourselves!  We’re here!  Everyone file off the bus in a single line!” the bus driver interrupted, apparently annoyed by our on going drama.

Everyone did as they were told.  Blaine made sure that he stood between Daniel, Rogue, and I to keep any of the drama continuing.  The inmates screamed on the other side of the fence.

“You piss ants are mine, you hear?” a big, bald guy with tattoos all over his face called out.

“Them b*****s is gonna die, they ain’t worth s**t!  Look at ‘em, they worthless!  I’m gonna make ‘em suffa like one of dem white b*****s that put me in here!” a black woman with what looked like a buzz cut, and tattooed chains across her cheeks from her ears to her mouth growled at Rogue, and I.

Speaking of Rogue, she wouldn’t look at any of the inmates.  It was apparent she had locked herself away in her mind so their insanity couldn’t trigger hers.  The poor girl was frail, and you knew by first sight that she didn’t belong here.  Her thin, ivory frame made her look almost childish.  Her innocent blue eyes that usually sparkled in the sun were frozen with fear in this realm.  Most of her red curls were plastered to her head because of the smoldering heat.  But of course, we were all sweating.  It was probably 102 degrees over here… but wait, where was here?

 

 

~              *               ~

 

 

Blaine held Rogue’s hand until they entered a building when they were separated.  The officers told all four of us to stand three feet apart, and to avoid making contact physically and vocally toward another.  “This is your home now for the time being, so you better forget about everything good you had ‘cause it’s gone.  Forget yo’ momma!  Forget yo’ Daddy!  Forget it all!  This is your home now!  So, that makes me yo’ momma, yo’ Daddy, and every other person you’ve ever cared about!” a big, black man spat in Daniel’s face.

“And I actually feel sorry for all you pretty ladies,” a small Hispanic man chuckled.  “Both the men and women will make a good meal out of you.”

“Suit up!” a man yelled at the top of his voice, bringing in the dreadful orange, one-piece suits.  “This is the uniform you will wear for the rest of your stay.  You will love it.  You will treat it with respect.  You will treat it like it is the last thing you will ever treasure.  Is that understood?” he hollered over the outside commotion.  We all looked at each other.  Were we stripping right here?  “You heard me!  Suit up!” the man growled again.  So, one by one, we stripped ourselves naked, and put the suits on.  Personally, I felt very violated.  My body had been exposed to at least eight people I didn’t know.  And what made it worse was these suits were thinner than regular clothing.  How were we going to keep warm?  Well, I guess we weren’t.  The faded orange was a dreadful color on all of us, but when you’re in prison you just have to guess that doesn’t matter any more.  “You ladies pull your hair back.” A female guard handed us rubber bands.  “You, too.” She said to Blaine, gesturing to his shoulder-length, brown hair.  He sighed, and tied it up as told.  I did the same with my long black hair.

It was funny how all of us could do nothing but stare at Rogue the whole time.  She knew we were, and she was all the more scared.  But then again, she didn’t care.  She had lost her world, and now nothing else was compared with reality.  To her, it was a dream.  She didn’t care about me, she didn’t care about Daniel, she didn’t care about Blaine, and she really didn’t care about herself.  She was lost.

 

 

~              *               ~

 

 

“For now, you will stay in this room.  It will be after lunch that you will find your separate 6” by 9” cells.” A man coughed a laugh as he slammed the metal door with one lonely window to peep out of.  From all around, the inmates could be heard screaming in rage, horror, pain, or both.  The nightmare was officially no longer a nightmare… it was now categorized as Hell, and we weren’t meant to leave.

Blaine’s huge structure was all you could see pacing the floor.  Daniel was laying on the floor, which was undoubtedly covered in all kinds of bacteria.  Rogue was sitting on the bed with her arm over her face, and I stood in the corner of the room like a shadow.  The giant cell was silent as we all just watched each other, while my mind was completely occupied by wonder.  I couldn’t help but to think about what Rogue had done, and I wanted to ask her so bad.  But I really didn’t want to make her relive the pain.  She was like my little sister, and I never wanted to hurt her.  But to rescue me from this horrible circumstance, came Blaine.

“Rogue?” he looked over at her with his eyebrows raised.

“Yes?” she whispered, obviously tired from the day.

“Would you talk to me… please?”

She nodded her head lightly, probably too tired to move it too much.

He came and took a seat beside her on the poorly treated mattress.  “What happened?  Come one, babe.  You can tell me.”

She moved her arm from her face and gazed into his green eyes.  She looked down at her converse sneakers.  The only thing she had left that was really hers.  On the whites toes of her shoes, her brother had written ‘Luv ya always, sis… Jase =D’



© 2011 Color of the Iris


Author's Note

Color of the Iris
Tell me what you think? Honest opinion! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Has naturality, but lacks strength. For example "in a very strong voice" Find a better alternative for this.
Another thing...u've described a war prison rather than a normal city prison. You have never been in prison have you? No? Well then that would explain it.

"poorly treated mattress" Don't do stuff like this. Show rather than tell. Something like the moth eaten bed sank down a few few as they sat on it.
My phrase shows the condition of the mattress too. But, in a better way.

Good Job...though try to increase the naturality of the piece...and probability. Seriously. Work on the PROBABILITY, LITERARY PROBABILITY.


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 21, 2011
Last Updated on January 21, 2011


Author

Color of the Iris
Color of the Iris

A Nemesis Star



About
My world needs no explaining. If you should need to make an assumption about me, look to my writing. All of your answers will lie there. If you have any specific questions, message me. Have a wond.. more..

Writing