~ Chapter 3 ~ Predators and Prey

~ Chapter 3 ~ Predators and Prey

A Chapter by Color of the Iris

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~ Chapter 3 ~

 

Predators and Prey

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Jason had this really dumb idea.” Rogue murmured, stopping to wipe a tear. “He told me that one day he was going to perform his greatest stunt ever, but he didn’t know it would be his last.”  She sighed.  “He wanted me to be apart of it, and it made me mad that he would think of such a thing.  To risk his own life for the amusement of others was a dream to him, and I couldn’t see it.  Didn’t want to see it.  I got mad at him, terrified he would screw himself up forever, and I said, ‘Well, why don’t you just tape rockets to your skateboard and soar off of the roof and commit suicide then because I don’t want to hear you speak of you risking your life anymore!’” she stopped to wipe another tear. “I didn’t mean it, you know.  It was one of those things you say when you get mad.  But he looked at me like it was the greatest thing I had ever said… well, without the ‘you need to die/commit suicide thing.”

The room was more silent and paranoid than a cemetery.

“What next?” I asked her.

“I didn’t know when he was going to perform the stunt, and the next day, I begged and pleaded that he didn’t.  I even thought about calling the cops on him for thinking suicidal.  He wasn’t Houdini; he couldn’t perform illusions all too great.  And as you see, his dream finally brought him to his demise.” She said, staring off into the distance, her eyes wet, but showed no signs of continuous tearing.  Blaine wrapped her in a hug, and I walked over and did the same.  The fact of the matter was that we were all in this together, and if we were going to make it out alive, we had to stay together.  Like a pack of wolves, we had to help one another get through the rough.  Suddenly, a bell went off and an officer opened the cell up and said “Ha ha ha!” his thunderous laugh cackled throughout the room, “Lunch time!”

Rogue and I walked between Daniel and Blaine, hopefully for some kind of protection.  The screaming had gotten louder, and the sentences became more profanity than regular words.  They had separated us, and told Daniel and Blaine to go left, and they told Rogue and I to go right… probably to meet our fate.  Me, personally, I’m really didn’t care what was going to happen anymore.  The rest could go down in history for all I could care.  I didn’t know what was apart of my future, so how can I look back on my past?  A very logical question to ask yourself when you’re losing your mind, I suppose.  I’m most likely going to die in here, so might as well give up.

I was right in the middle of my ‘All Hope Is Gone, And There Is No Hope For Any Of Us,” session when I felt myself slammed against the wall with brutal force.  My head hit the hard structure, and I almost wanted to throw up because of the sudden pain.  I couldn’t even see straight, but I could’ve been blind and saw the monstrous woman towering over me.  It was that one I had saw earlier when we had all arrived here.  The one with tattooed chains leading from her ears to her mouth.  And she happened to be furious, and for what?  I had no idea.  All I knew was that I was about to die.

“I told ya I was gonna git yo sorry a*s!” she screamed as I tried to pull myself off the floor without hurling.

“For what?” I gasped before I was punched in the face, which sent me back to the nasty, tile floor in pain.  “Rogue!” I cried out as best as I could.

“Yo fren is gone.  She gonna make a nice new fren.” She laughed evilly.  “Ya might is well’ve said yo goodbyes ‘cause she ain’t comin’ back.” She said, giving me one last punch to the stomach before leaving.  I gasped on the floor, saliva coming out of my mouth uncontrollably.  My face was sore on my cheekbone where she’d hit me.  I felt my eyes slowly closing as I began to wish I were dead.  This was hell, and there was no way out… and it had just begun.

 

~              *               ~

 

 

I woke up, and it was dim in the hall.  I just now realized I had fallen asleep.  I lay there, blinking slowly.  Trying to keep an even tempo with my breathing.  I was completely calm until I remembered what the crazy lady said.  Yo fren is gone… Ya might is well’ve said yo goodbyes ‘cause she ain’t comin’ back.  I pulled my body off of the floor in a jerking motion, and then I screamed in pain.  My stomach and back hurt terribly.  I felt like a car had hit me.  Where was I?  This hall was different.  Who moved me?  The walls were a different color, and the floor was no longer tile.  The atmosphere that thrived in the halls were colder than ice, and as sharp and prickly feeling as if I was laying on broken glass.  This place was… weird.

I began to walk down the hall toward a nearby florescent EXIT sign.  But the closer I walked, the farther away it got.  So, taking the hint that that wasn’t going to work.  I took the turn to my left.  This time, nothing moved.  Everything kept its designated spot like they were afraid to move.  I continued my walk without pause.  I came to the end of that hall and came to what look liked a cross-hallway.  I turned to my right, and the room stretched away from me.  I started to walk left and I heard a scream ascend from the hallway in front of me.  I took off running.  “Rogue!” I screamed at the top of my lungs.  “Rogue!  Where are you?” Another scream sounded and it came from my next left.  “I’m coming!”  I hollered as I rounded the corner.

“Oh God!” the blood curdling scream had produced words.  The sound made me pick up my pace until I was running as fast as I possibly could.  I was almost running so fast that I nearly fell.  “Rogue!”  I called again.  This time, there was no cry, and this worried me.  “Rogue!  Answer me!” I screamed, and then kept myself from screaming again when I heard other voices.

“Who dat be makin’ noise?” a black woman called, and I recognized the voice automatically.  Son of a!

“I don’t know, but I’ma ‘bout ta go give ‘em a what fo!” Another voice sounded after the other one.

It was her!  She had Rogue!  Her and her friends were hurting Rogue!  I almost jumped from around the next corner to save her, but all I had to do was turn around and face the front of me, and before I could scream they were there.  Both of their fists collided with my face and other numerous body parts, and then… blackness.



© 2011 Color of the Iris


Author's Note

Color of the Iris
Honest Opinion :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

im in love with this story

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good chapter. I feel like you nailed the dialect well for the inmate. The only thing I can point out is a grammar mistake: "So, taking the hint that that wasn’t going to work. I took the turn to my left. " The sentence beginning with "so" is a fragment. A comma should separate the two sentences, not a period. Other than that, nothing. Good write. Can't wait to read more.

Posted 13 Years Ago


"thunderous laugh cackled" ...lolololol...jailers don't cackle, witches do. Why would they cackle? I mean the food would be poor but still...for them it's routine.
The picture of the black women is good...but listen.
Police would never allow behaviour like this. That's coz if anyone gets hurt, they'll have to take him to hospital. etc. This isn't a war prison. It's a city prison, for God' sake!:P

Thunderous cackle. My compliments Lisette, joke of the Day!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I, also, am a little obssessed! Very nicely down, a powerful chapter, keep it up~

Posted 13 Years Ago


umm, i'm a litle obssessed now, keep writing!!! i honestly have nothing bad to say about this:)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
5 Reviews
Added on January 22, 2011
Last Updated on January 22, 2011


Author

Color of the Iris
Color of the Iris

A Nemesis Star



About
My world needs no explaining. If you should need to make an assumption about me, look to my writing. All of your answers will lie there. If you have any specific questions, message me. Have a wond.. more..

Writing