What is love?

What is love?

A Story by Lissette
"

A short piece I wrote ages ago about Love. To quote Moulin Rouge, "Love is a many splendid thing. Love lifts us up where we belong. All we need is love." So here's my version of it. Ah the innocence of first love.

"

"Love is a many splendid thing,
Love lifts us up where we belong, all you need is love."

What is love? Is it a meaningless and pointless emotion that does not exist and is only occurring due to the glands within our brain that secrete the hormone and present the person with a euphoric sensation of happiness for six short months? Or is it real and as the dictionary defines it, as a tender feeling of emotion toward somebody special, somebody whom you desire and admire. I got to thinking this as I looked into his eyes. He was a wonderful example of how a girl’s body could get carried away without her realisation. Every inch of my body yearned for him, his touch, his breath, his kiss…and yet my mind, over analytical and humorous as it is, screamed at me to get out and leave the situation in peace. I should not corrupt his existence and yet I am caught in his web. A helpless fly that has been snared by the wicked dark body of the spider. I cannot escape the downward spiral that is the lust I feel for him. I lay next to him now. Just lying. The dark surrounded us as an all-consuming cloud of black, soaking its inky jets into every small space which fell pray to its desires. I inhaled sharply and my nostrils were filled with his scent. We may be, unfortunately, only mortal creatures but that didn’t stop my senses being overwhelmed by his mere presence. I had to resist the deafening thudding of my heart as it raced near out of my chest to reach him. I realised if I couldn’t have him externally my internal organs would do a good job to try to get there on their own. I closed my eyes and tried to be still the frantic beating of my heart. I turned my head slightly, trying to make out his outline in the dark. He seemed happy; at least I hoped he was. I’d be satisfied for a tiny amount of the feeling that I have pounding through my veins to be existent in his. His hand absent-mindedly traced circles on my leg, unaware of the heat that spread through my entire body up to my cheeks. I gazed up at him, I could watch the movie from the reflection of his beautiful eyes but I was too preoccupied watching the dancing colours and how his pupils expanded and dilated depending on the scene. He looked over to see my intense stare…my bottom lip being chewed to pieces by my careless teeth. I caught my breath as he reached out a hand to stroke my cheek, pulling me closer, looking deeply into my eyes. His lips softly touched mine…only lingering for a second before he pulled away.
“I love you, my angel,” he whispered.
Lights erupt in my vision. My heart stopped. My blood runs cold. And I my lips spread wide. Those words. Those three magical wonderful words finished off with an endearing phrase made me the happiest I ever thought I could be. Not only did he feel similar, there wasn’t a possibility that he felt an inch of the same adoration I possessed, but even the chance that he could took my breath away and made my blood solidify throughout my body. This forbidden love of ours could be free to fester and live. The spider had spared the fly, opting instead to rescue it, give it a chance instead of sinking its fangs into the delectably helpless meal. I sighed and fell back onto his chest, content for the moment. As long as he held me in his arms, the whole world felt at peace.
The hushed whispered reply of, “I love you too” felt regal on my lips.

© 2009 Lissette


Author's Note

Lissette
I only just finished this off so it may change styles half way through but hopefully it portrays young love. It was originally going to be a girlfriend falling for the boyfriends best friend but it seems a lot nicer and somehow more...innocent to keep it between the unattached. Any good?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is amazing!! I love it!!!! You've done a wonderful gob showing true love!! I hope to read more of your work!!
Luv,Leylia :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


WoW !!! What can I say !!! Awesome !!!
It is sooo beautifully described and portrayed here !!!
What a most wonderful piece indeed !!!
I love it !!!
Definately one of my favorite works that I have read ... ever !!!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 29, 2009
Last Updated on April 3, 2009

Author

Lissette
Lissette

Auckland, New Zealand



About
Hmmm...where to start. I feel in the mood to list...lets make some lists... Name: Sophie (no it's not short for Sophia) Age: wouldn't you like to know :P Height: ...lets just say I'm vertically c.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Arizona Rapture Arizona Rapture

A Story by Alyssa


Chapter 11 Chapter 11

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~