Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~

Sterling’s POV:

          I was on my way to BoShane’s when my cell started to ring, “Hello?” “Sterling, thank god. Have you heard from Evelyn?” asked Rose. “No, I thought she was already with you ladies.” “I had a sorority meeting and she was going to meet up with us at the restaurant, but she isn’t here yet. Could you check campus?” “Sure, what dorm and room?”

          I finally got to campus a few minutes later, thanks to my angel powers that I now have. I had this eerie feeling when I walked into Evelyn’s room, there were books here and there. Some clothes on the floor, and a few on the beds. A makeup bag sat on the bathroom counter along with a hairbrush, I was guessing those were Evelyn’s. Her purse wasn’t there so she must of left. I hadn’t seen her car in the parking lot, but where could she be.

          I walked back outside and spotted her car, it was there I must have missed it the first time. I walked over to it, and noticed that it was unlocked. I opened the door and got a strange scent coming from the driver’s seat. I could smell Evelyn’s perfume but there was another scent, something non-human. I knew there were other creatures out there, but for them to come into the world of humans was rare. They usually kept to themselves. Fallen angels were common to be among humans, since we were basically humans on a higher level. We could blend in, as others can not.

          I finally tracked the scent to the edge of the woods, and that’s when I spotted Evelyn’s purse, everything was still there. Her cell, lipstick, wallet, and car keys. These captures wanted Evelyn not what she had. She was in grave danger and I needed to get to her as soon as possible. I grabbed my cell and dialed Rose’s number… “Rose, we need to talk.”

Evelyn’s POV:

          My head was throbbing and I tried to open my eyes but they felt heavy and stiff. I was laying on something hard, a cement floor? Where was I? I couldn’t hear anything; the silence was driving me crazy. I tried sitting myself up when a sharp pain stabbed me in my right side; I grabbed my side and moaned. My ribs felt broken and maybe they were. I suddenly heard a male voice chuckle in the silence. “I see you have finally decided to regain your consciousness, my dear.” He sounded older and sophisticated, his voice smooth and soft like velvet. I finally opened my eyes, but it was pitch black wherever I was being held.

          “Who are you? What do you want with me?” my voice was weak and a low whisper, but he must have heard me. “You see my dear…” he sounded like he was getting closer to me, “you know some important information that I would like to obtain from you. I would like to do it in a non-painful way, but it’s all how you cooperate with me.” I felt his hand, it was painfully cold and he lifted my chin and then I saw his eyes, they were a molten gold color and they sent a shiver through my body. He just chuckled softly and let go of my chin and then I heard nothing.

          I sat there in silence, and I finally got myself to a somewhat sitting position against a wall. My head was spinning, and my whole right side felt like all my bones had been shattered. Who were these people? What did they want from me? I thought long and hard about what I could possibly know that was so important…then it hit me, “Sterling.” I whispered. How did they know about him and me? I felt a sudden shiver throughout my entire body, and that was when I felt his touch again.

          “Yes, you know exactly who we are talking about.” I could sense he was pleased about this. “What do you want with him?” my voice still sounded weak and hoarse. “Well since you are so close to him maybe you will be able to tell me what his weakness is and what he can do.” “You must be dreaming for me to tell you anything about him.” I tried to sound angry and pissed, but it just came out as a whisper. “On the contrary my dear, you will tell me unless you want to suffer some more pain or see your boyfriend suffer.” His voice had an edge of intensity to it, like he was trying not to get upset.

          “You can do whatever you want to me, you leave Sterling out of this!” I screeched the last word. I then felt his cold grip on my arm as he pulled me up from the floor and through an opening in the wall; I stumbled over my feet trying to keep up with him. He finally flung me into another room, this one seemed smaller, but I could see what was in the room. There was a table and a wooden chair, he motioned for me to sit in the chair and I did so, cautiously.

          While I sat down, he paced back and forth. His pacing made no noise and I sat there rubbing the spot on my arm where he had grabbed it earlier. He finally spoke, “Before we make this more difficult than it already is let me introduce myself, my name is Dorian Winmore. I have been tracking the Hugh family since the 17th century and it will be very helpful to you and them if you would provide me with some information. I will only give you one more chance to cooperate and if you refuse you will experience the worst pain you have ever felt.”

          I looked up into his golden eyes, and smirked. “What makes you think I am going to give you the information that you want?” I finally quit rubbing the spot where he grabbed me. “If that is what you wish my dear, then I will leave you here to think about your decision.” He then left the room and I sat there in silence again wondering what was going to happen to me, and how I was going to get out of here.

Sterling’s POV:

          “Thank you for meeting me here.” “I wasn’t sure if I should come or not. I am only doing this because I owe your family a favor, nothing more.” We were standing in a darkened alleyway next to one of the old buildings on campus. “I know, but you were the only one I knew of that could track down non-human scents rather well and let me know who took Evelyn.” “Alright, where is the trail?” I led him to the edge of the tree line he put his pointer finger into the dirt where Evelyn’s purse once lay, “Hmmm…this is a rather odd and rare smell.” I stood there as he sniffed the dirt again.

          “I think you are dealing with a slayer.” “A slayer?” “Yes, didn’t your father fill you in on the slayer otherwise known as Dorian Winmore?” “Dorian.” “So you recognize the name do you?” “Only because of the ‘story’ my father used to tell me.” “Well I guess I have to fill you in on the rest.” Kane leaned against a tree casually, “Dorian and his little followers are probably…no, are the ones that took your Evelyn. He has been hunting down the Hugh line for centuries; I’m shocked your father didn’t tell you about this. Anyways, Dorian is a very strong and powerful slayer; he has Demon blood and angel strength. So he can kill whatever creature gets in his way.”

          “So how do I find him?” I walked over to where Kane had been smelling the dirt, shifting it with my fingers. “Even with the best tracker you will have a hard time finding Dorian. He only lets you find him when he wants to be found.” Kane sniffed the air, “But if you need a lead, I would take the trail down to the east side of the river. That is the best I can do.” “Thank you, our family appreciates your service.” “Yeah, yeah. Don’t get yourself killed alright. I am not your personal messenger either, boy.” With that Kane took off back the way we came. I started on my mission to get Evelyn back…safe.

Evelyn’s POV:

          I felt like I sat in that room for days, but finally Dorian came back in with a woman. He introduced her as Angeline Callisto who was a friend and comrade of his years ago in the 18th century. She was beautiful and had a presence of someone very royal, her long dark brown hair was lightly waved, deep dark brown eyes, and was beautifully tan. I was still sitting in the chair; where Dorian had left me before he left. She leaned down and stared into my eyes. After she stood back up I felt intensely dizzy.

          “What did you do to me?” I asked in a woozy voice. “Nothing much dear, just made you cooperate with us is all. Dorian she is all yours, my love.” She kissed him on the lips passionately and then left the room. “Beautiful and talented isn’t she?” a smiled played across his lips. “Now, where is Sterling?” I tried to fight the dizziness and the uncontrollable desire to just sleep and let the darkness take me. He shook me with so much force that I felt like he was going to break my neck.

          “I don’t know!” I screamed into his face. He let me go suddenly and stared at my expression. “Of course you don’t. He is actually nearby trying to track me down, what a fool.” He stood up as he spoke. “He thinks he can take me? The slayer!” his laugh sent a shiver through my body. “What do you want to know?” I asked trying to sit up straight in the chair, which was a challenge in of itself. “What is his weakness?” he glowered at me and walked back over to where I was sitting and lifted my face to his. “Me.” I whispered weakly. “Very well.” He let go of my face and was gone.

          I sat in the room sobbing quietly. I just betrayed my friend and possibly the man that loves me with everything, if he ever found out…I might as well let this man kill me. I was better off dead, Austin what do I do? I buried my head in my hands as I shook with sobs and grieved for what would happen to Sterling now. I have made his death sentence, and after they kill him I would be next.

Sterling’s POV:

          Kane was right; Dorian did not want to be found and tracking him down was going to be harder than I thought. I found several scents and trials but none led anywhere, they basically just made a circle or would just end out of nowhere. I circled the lake as I became more frustrated as each moment passed. I needed to find Evelyn. As I circled the lake one more time I heard a noise and hid behind an old oak tree just beside the lake.

          I heard some voices; something about Dorian and then I heard him speak. “I know Sterling it out there trying to track us down, find him and bring him here…alive.” I peeked out from behind the tree and saw Dorian dressed in all black with a long black trench coat overtop his shirt and pants. He turned to walk back into his hideaway. I slipped past the few men he was talking to….demons I thought…and into his hideout.

          It was a labyrinth of tunnels and caves. I stood there for a moment concentrating on Evelyn…concentrating on her voice and her smell. I closed my eyes and focused on just her, that’s when I felt her about 20 feet from where I was, she was crying softly. I swiftly followed her noise to a steel door in one of the cave walls. I could hear her irregular breathing and her faint whimpers of pain.

          I was going to kill this Dorian for what he did to her. I touched the door and immediately snapped my hand back. It was being protected by some sort of spell. This was going to be harder than I thought. Then I felt his presence behind me, I slowly turned around to see his arms crossed across his chest, with a smirk on his face. “Thank you for finally showing yourself, Sterling.” “Yeah, well I just decided that it was time to kick your a*s.” He laughed as he unfolded his arms, “You wouldn’t want poor Evelyn to know that you are about to die would you? I mean that would be rude if we didn’t take a moment to visit her, wouldn’t it?”

          He spoke in an old Latin language and then opened the door. Evelyn was sitting all huddled up in a corner, her head snapped up and I could see that she had been crying. She stared at us for a while; trying to figure out if I was really there or not. She had bruises on her arms and face, she looked scared and fragile. This made me ticked, “What did you do to her!?” “Ah ah ah, I wouldn’t do that if I were you. She did all this to herself.” He said as he walked over to her curled up body. He lifted her by one arm as she struggled to stand up, he then threw her into a nearby chair. I see her wince as she grabs her right side and struggles to breathe.

          “All she had to do was tell me about you Sterling, but you have a very faithful girl here. She only told me what your weakness was…” She stared at me with sadness in her eyes, like she had betrayed me, “her.” Dorian finished and looked back at me and smiled. She looked away from me toward the ground, ashamed. The only thing was she was right, but I didn’t want Dorian to know that. “Her? Of course not.” Dorian laughed again and walked over to her, “Are you sure?” his voice had a hint of warning to it.

          He lifted up her left hand which was dirty and purple from all the bruises, suddenly without hesitation, I heard a loud snap come from her hand and she muffled her screams of pain with her other hand. “You b*****d! How dare you…” “You can stop all this Sterling, all you have to do is tell me your secret. Then I will let you take your precious Evelyn out of here and let you live your happy dull lives.” “You already know my secret Dorian. You know all about the angel powers, about my father Nemamiah, he was the one that took you down all those years ago.”

          “He did nothing of the sort! Your father was weak and falling in love with a human?! He knew that was against the rules of our kind. You are an abomination to angles and demons alike. You are only half fallen angel and you should have been destroyed years ago, but I guess I will have the honor of doing that tonight, in front of your little girlfriend here.” He touched Evelyn’s face as she shrunk away from him.

          “Touch her again Dorian and see what happens.” I warned through gritted teeth. Dorian narrowed his eyes at me, “What are you going to do half breed? Punch me to death?” he walked towards me. “If you will excuse us my dear, I have a score to settle with this annoying boyfriend of yours. I will be back soon.” Dorian closed the door behind him as we entered back into the dark tunnels again, I could sense that his men had returned and were waiting for me. “This is will a pleasure.” Dorian said as he unsheathed a sword.



© 2009 ~RoyalVampire~


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OMG...im not gonna lie i cryed sooooooooooo many times in the begining
i love this soooooooo much its the third best book EVER (A.K.A. the first is twilight,the second is the boy and the tree(dont laugh but i love that book))
you better write some more chapters or ill track you down and make you tell me what happens
LOL JK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
leylia

Posted 14 Years Ago


WoW !!!
Very very intense !!!
I loved it !!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Doign effective multiple first-person POV is hard. Really hard. Very brave of you to take on the challenge! I'm not a particular expert on first-person POV writing, so I won't tell you much of what you should do, except to say that if you're like me and you learn better by example than by lecture, you should read "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenneger. It is an amazing book, a truly inspired story, but happens to be written in multiple first-person style like yours.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 22, 2009


Author

~RoyalVampire~
~RoyalVampire~

Grand Blanc, MI



About
I am 24 yrs of age, and married to a wonderful man, whom I met on here actually =) I am attending college to become a medical assistant, and should be graduating by the end of this year. I am a cra.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Arizona Rapture Arizona Rapture

A Story by Alyssa


What is love? What is love?

A Story by Lissette