Chapter 14

Chapter 14

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~

Evelyn’s POV:

          All I remember seeing when I woke up was a white light, and it was blinding me. There were strange voices coming from what seemed far away. I tried to talk but no sound came from my mouth. What is going on? I thought to myself. I tried to not panic, but after I couldn’t speak or see much of anything I was starting to worry that something bad had happened to me.

          That’s when I heard another voice; this one was closer almost like it was being spoken into my ear. Live, please Evelyn. Come back to us. I thought I recognized, but no name came to me. Someone must be with me wherever I am. I hope to god I am not in a coma or something. Maybe I passed out and hit my head and I’m dreaming now.

          Yes, that was it. I was dreaming. That had to be the explanation to all the crazy things that were happening to me right now. I started to walk toward what look to be people, but as I got closer they seemed to move farther and farther away. Strange. I thought. This was one weird dream I was having. I wanted to say something…but I wasn’t sure if anyone was really there or just a figment of my imagination.

          As I stood there in the brightness, I watched as people passed me. I tried to yell out to them but still I couldn’t find my voice. Suddenly I felt very strange and almost dizzy. I dropped to my knees and then fell to the ground, gasping for air. What was happening to me? Was I dying? I tried to get any attention from anyone and all people did were walk right past like they didn’t even know that I was there.

          Finally, I gave up on getting help and just laid there waiting for my life to end. I knew that I was dying I just didn’t know why or what caused it. All I could think of at that moment was Sterling and how he was going to be really upset. I took one last breathe and then I closed my eyes as I let the darkness consume me.

Sterling’s POV:

          I slowly heard her breathing pick up, and her heart pumping blood back through her body. She was living. She was going to come back to me and finally see me again. We could be in each others arms. I could finally tell her how much she meant to me. After Raphael checked her vitals and made sure she was back, he decided to leave me and Evelyn alone so she wouldn’t be overwhelmed.

          I sat there, my hands shaking and butterflies in my stomach. I was nervous I hoped she woke up and smiled when she saw me. As I sat there holding her hand, I ran through all the ideas and scenarios that could possibly happen between us. I watched as she breathed and moaned and sighed.

          It seemed like forever before she was going to officially wake up. Raphael said it would take a few hours for her to fully come back to her conscious state and remember anyone. He said do not be alarmed when she wakes up and doesn’t remember anyone, it will come back to her…is what he said.

          I was hoping that this wasn’t the case; I wanted her to know who was sitting beside her. If she never remembered what happened in the tunnels that was fine. I DID want her to remember me though.

          After about two hours of anxious waiting, she started to stir and her lids were fluttering. Finally I could see those eyes and smile.

Evelyn’s POV:

          I thought I was dead, but after I fell into the darkness I came back to light. Not as bright as the first light but still bright enough to hurt my eyes. This felt different and I could feel my hand being touched by someone. I could also hear a voice again, “Evelyn? Are you awake sweetheart?” It was a male voice that was so tender and full of concern.

          I opened my mouth to answer him, but again I felt like my voice wasn’t there. Instead I got a tiny bit of a squeeze on my hand and I felt another hand touching my hair, stroking it gently. I wanted to smile, but everything felt so strange to me.

          Even the smells that I smelled seemed odd to me. I sensed now that I was laying on something soft and cushy. A couch. I tried to lift my eyelids, but they felt so heavy. I put as much effort as I could into it, and finally felt them open little by little.

          As my vision started to come in and the objects in the room came in clearer, I still realized there was someone there with me. I tried to move, but felt stiff and achy. What had happened to me? I felt like I had been asleep for a really long time.

          Finally, the person that was sitting next to me came into view. His eyes were focused on mine, and he smiled, which caused me to smile as well. I stared at him with a confused look on my face. Finally he left go of my hand and helped me sit up as he said, “Careful. Be careful Evelyn. Take things slow. You have been through a lot.”

          I just nodded as strange sensations and body parts that felt numb began to have that prickling sensation that you get when something falls asleep. I was finally up in a sitting position and was leaning against his one arm.

          He kissed me on the forehead and put the other free arm around me making sure I didn’t fall over. I was so confused by the way he was acting toward me, did I know him? Finally, I felt like my voice was there for me to use and I asked in a very small and hoarse voice, “Who are you?”

 



© 2009 ~RoyalVampire~


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

WHAT!!!!!!!!NOOOOO I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, SHE DOESN'T REMEMBER HIM! OH MY F****N GOD! THIS IS SOOO GOOD BIG SIS! I LOVE IT!

Posted 14 Years Ago


ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is gooooooooooooood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet sterling feels soooo sad right now!!!!!!!! I couldnt belive evelyn almosted DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that would of killed the whole book right there!!!!!!!!!!(kiding)!!!!!!!!!!!Well ill be waiting for the rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Luv,Leylia

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 30, 2009


Author

~RoyalVampire~
~RoyalVampire~

Grand Blanc, MI



About
I am 24 yrs of age, and married to a wonderful man, whom I met on here actually =) I am attending college to become a medical assistant, and should be graduating by the end of this year. I am a cra.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~