Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~

A week had passed since I found out about what Sterling was; I avoided him and never answered when he called. What did he expect me to do; say all is well and be excited that he’s a freaking angel!!! Or better yet a fallen angel. I still had a hard time believing what took place a week ago at his home. I mean I was thinking bad blood in the family secret, murderer in the family secret, not your family has a line of fallen angels in it secret.

          My roommates never questioned me about Sterling and why I hadn’t spoken to him, they just asked me about the normal stuff and it was actually nice to not be hounded about him. I was walking to one of my classes when I heard someone walk up beside me; I figured it was either Rose or Isabella since they usually walked with me to my class. I turned to see who it was and nearly had a heart attack when I saw those dark brown eyes.

          “Sterling what are you doing?!” I stopped dead in my tracks, causing him to back track to stand in front of me. “You won’t see me, and won’t answer my phone calls. I know that what I told you wasn’t the easiest thing to hear, but you have to understand Evelyn that the reason I told you was that I knew that I could trust you. Just please give me a few minutes, please.” His voice was so shaky as he spoke like he couldn’t handle not seeing me.

          “Fine you have 5 minutes that’s it.” I stood there with my arms crossed across my chest. His face brightened a bit when I told him I would listen, we walked over to the café and I sat down and set my book bag beside me. “Alright what?” I asked as I crossed my legs and set my hands in my lap staring at him. “First of all thank you for listening to me. Second, you don’t know how it’s tortured me not to see you or hear your voice Evelyn. Like I said before I think I am falling in love with you and…” I cut him off mid sentence, “If that’s what you brought me here for…I’m leaving.” I leaned down and grabbed my bag and started to get up.

          “No, please Evelyn I promise this has nothing to do with that.” He face was so strained and sad. “Alright,” I set my bag back down, “continue.” “Thank you. As I was saying…the reason my father and I trust you with our secret is that we know that you won’t tell anyone and that you will keep it safe.” “How do you know that I haven’t already told someone?” I asked my tone harsh. “I’m sure if you have they would think you are nuts. Even if they did believe you…well let’s just say they would need proof.” “Whatever, you really aren’t helping me like you again. You pretended to be normal and to what let me into your life so you could push me away?!” I was getting irritated with this guy, enough was enough.

          Before I gave him the chance to answer I spoke, “You know I’ve had enough of this s**t and I am leaving. Don’t think of following me, Sterling. Bye.” I grabbed my bag, swung it over my shoulder and push the door opened as I walked to the main building, infuriated.

Sterling’s POV:

          I was so excited when she said she would listen to me, her eyes were sparkling in the sunlight and I just wanted to touch her gorgeous black hair and hold her close to me, every inch of my body screamed for her. I followed her to the café and waited till she sat down and got comfortable before I started into my speech.

          “Alright what?” she asked staring at me her eyes looked different now like they were cold and hard. I continued to speak anyways, “First of all, thank you for listening to me. Second, you don’t know how it’s tortured me not to see you or hear your voice Evelyn. Like I said before I think I am falling in love with you and…” But before I could finish she interrupted me.

            “If that’s what you brought me here for…I’m leaving.” She leaned down and grabbed her bag and started to get up from the table. I decided that I needed to come at this with a different approach, “No, please Evelyn I promise this has nothing to do with that.” She hesitated and slowly sat back down, “Alright” she said as she set her bag back down, “continue.”

          “Thank you. As I was saying…the reason my father and I trust you with our secret is that we know that you won’t tell anyone and that you will keep it safe.” “How do you know that I haven’t already told someone?” her voice was harsh and cold. “I’m sure if you have they would think you are nuts. Even if they did believe you…well let’s just say they would need proof.” I tried not to smile when I said the proof part. “Whatever, you really aren’t helping me like you again. You pretended to be normal and to what let me into your life so you could push me away?!”

          Before I could answer she spoke again, ““You know I’ve had enough of this s**t and I am leaving. Don’t think of following me, Sterling. Bye.” She picked up her bag flung it over her shoulder and took out the door. I sat there, disappointed in myself for not explaining things clearer or being more of a gentlemen and not an a*s.

          I walked out of the café shortly after Evelyn left and decided to just go back home, I climbed into my car and sat there as tears streamed down my face. I felt a horrible pain in my chest and I could barely breathe. What is happening to me? I asked myself as I sat there in my car, silence surrounded me. I sat there for what seemed like hours but it had only been about 20 minutes. I started the engine and tried to find the will to drive home, I finally got control of myself enough to get home.

          I finally reached the front door and fumbled with the keys and found the one I needed and turned it in the lock and heard the door open slowly as I walked inside and shut it behind me. I made my way upstairs and into my room. I stood in my doorway for a moment looking around and remembering where Evelyn had stood in this very room worried about me. Now she didn’t want anything to do with me and this pain in my chest wasn’t going away.

          I lay down on my bed and stared at the ceiling, wondering what I should do. If she wouldn’t listen to me then maybe she would listen to her friends, I reached for my phone that was lying on my bedside table. I flipped it open and scrolled down in my address book till I finally found the name I was looking for and hit the dial button.

          “Sterling?” came a female voice on the other end. “Rose, we need to talk.” I said taking a deep breathe.

Evelyn’s POV:

          I couldn’t believe what Sterling had done, attacking me in public so I would have to talk to him. I decided to listen to his little stupid speech to just prove that I was done with him. Then he said those words, I think I am falling in love with you, and that was it. I couldn’t listen to him anymore. Enough was enough and he had to realize that.

          I barely could concentrate in my next class because of him. Why was I so important to him? Of course I wouldn’t tell anyone just because would think I was crazy and I really didn’t need that on top of everything else that was going on in my life. If only Austin was here to help ease this pain. I hadn’t heard his voice since that day he had told me to help Sterling, and ever since then I hated myself for listening to him.

          I decided to just go back to my room and take a nap and hoped that all this would go away while I slept. I made it to my room and threw my bag by the desk and walked into the closet to grab some comfortable clothes. I grabbed my favorite pair of sweat pants and a lose comfy t-shirt and went to the bathroom to change. I threw my hair into a ponytail and crawled into my bed.

          It felt so warm and comfy, I lay back on the pillows and decided to listen to my iPod for a bit to relax and get my mind off of things. I finally fell asleep and woke to someone whispering in my room. I opened my eyes and Rose was there but she had he back turned and it looked like she was on the phone but I could barely make out what she was saying.

          She turned so I could see her face and she looked upset and shocked. She closed her phone and stood there for a moment. I decided now was the time to wake up. She noticed me stirring and played off her emotions. “Hey sorry if I woke you up.” She sat down on her bed looking at me. “No its fine. What time is it anyways?” I sat up and rubbed my eyes. “It’s 4:30. What time did you fall asleep?” “Um I think around 2 or something like that.” “Well, at least you got a couple of hours of sleep. How was your day? Anything interesting happen?”

          I stared at her; Yeah…Sterling attacked me in public today so I would listen to his stupid ramblings. I thought but I figured that wasn’t worth getting into. “Not really. Same old boring classes and teachers.” “Same here. I went to the café today and had a drink after classes and there was this hot guy there and we chatted for bit, but come to find out he had a girlfriend. Too bad he was a hottie.” She smiled. “Too bad.” I said as I crawled out of my bed and headed to the bathroom.

          “Wanna go to Boshane’s with me and Isabella tonight?” Rose asked while I looked at myself in the mirror. “Sure, what time?” I asked as let my hair fall down onto my shoulders. “We were thinking 7ish, work for you?” “Yeah, I was just going to take a shower and do some homework. I will meet you girls there.” “Alright, I had a meeting with Capa Si so I gotta go, but I will see you later.” I heard the door close and I started the water.

          I stepped into the hot shower feeling the warmth cover my body as I breathed in the fragrances of the body wash and shampoo that I owned. Japanese Blossom always put me in a better mood, when I was depressed or tired. I finally finished and wrapped my body in a towel and went out into the room to find some clothes to put on for the time being. I grabbed a pair of shorts and tank top and threw them on while I dried my hair.

          I grabbed a few books and my laptop and got to work on my English paper that was due tomorrow and some math homework that was surprisingly very easy. Around 6 I decided to start getting ready for the night out with the girls. I looked through my closet and found a nice dark purple shirt that was tight and low cut and a pair of black skinny jeans and some high heeled purple pumps. I curled my hair and put on my blush and purple eye shadow and was ready to go.

          I was headed out to my car when I heard a strange noise come from the trees in front of me. I disregarded it and opened the door to my car, suddenly I was hit from behind and everything went black.



© 2009 ~RoyalVampire~


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

WoW
Very interesting
So suspenseful

=D

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 5, 2009


Author

~RoyalVampire~
~RoyalVampire~

Grand Blanc, MI



About
I am 24 yrs of age, and married to a wonderful man, whom I met on here actually =) I am attending college to become a medical assistant, and should be graduating by the end of this year. I am a cra.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~