Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~

Walking through the doors of high school are intimidating, but I have been through these doors many times. This is my senior year and I am super stoked to finish out the year and marry my boyfriend Austin Taylor of 3 years. We have been inseparable ever since 9th grade and we have been talking about marriage this last summer, he told me he was going to get me the ring of my choice when we graduated and get married the following summer.

          “Evelyn what are you doing? We have to get to class!” a pretty, blonde haired petite girl came running and grabbed my hand. “Grace, I don’t know how many times I have told you…I’m never late.” I flipped my long wavy black hair behind me and I felt a pair of hands wrap around my waist and smiled. “Hey baby.” Austin said in my ear. I took my hand from Grace’s grip and turned to face Austin and as I wrapped my arms around his neck he leaned in and we shared a passionate kiss that made me feel like I was in heaven. “Uck!” Grace stuck her finger in her mouth and made a gagging sound. “Come on you two lovebirds, we need to get to class.” I shook my head and put my arm through Austin’s and walked to class.

          I don’t understand why I even have to be in this Chemistry class, what is the purpose? Seriously, I am not planning on using it for anything. My plans are to graduate with at least a B average and marry Austin and then he gets a job and we have children. I don’t want to waste my time going to college. I mean why bother I barely do my homework as it is. If it weren’t for Austin and Grace I wouldn’t even be graduating. “Daydreaming about us again hon?” Austin was sitting right next to me as he poured some green liquid into a small beaker. “As always.” I smiled and picked up a container holding a red liquid and handed it to him.

          1st through 3rd hours went by fast and then it was lunch time. Austin said he has something to get out of his locker so he would meet me and Grace inside at our usual table. I would never have seen myself as the popular girl dating the famous quarterback at King’s High School, but I don’t complain about it much. All the other girls are jealous and of course all the guys want to date me. As I grabbed an apple and a diet Pepsi I sat down where; Paul, Jessica, James, Brittany, and Mike all sat. “Hey guys what’s up?” I said as I set down my two items I was carrying. “Where’s the boy toy?” asked Paul. “He’s coming. Said he had something to get out of his locker.” I took a bite of my apple. Grace joined our group a couple of minutes later, followed by Austin who didn’t look so happy.

          He sat down next to me like usual, but just stared at his pizza and pop. “Dude, you still coming to practice today right? Coach said if you miss another practice he’ll suspend you from the team….” But Paul was cut off by Austin slamming his fist on the table. “God Paul I know! Get off my damn back!” I stared at him in shock. “Baby, what’s wrong?” I asked touching his arm. “Nothing.” He muttered so only I could hear him. I turned back to my apple that I was eating and we sat in utter silence for the rest of lunch. When the bell rang, everyone got up and walked to their next classes, as I walked away from the group Austin grabbed my hand and pulled me aside.

          “Austin what is going on with you? You’re scaring me.” My voice was starting to get shaky. “I can’t take you home today; can you get Grace to take you back?” He let go of my hand and the emotion was completely gone from his beautiful amber eyes. I hesitated for a moment. “Yeah, I guess…but Austin what’s going on?” I tried to touch his face but he backed up from me. Tears were starting to form in my eyes, why was Austin acting like this. He always told me what was going on with him. “Evelyn…you need to…” he took a big breath, “stay away from me for a while.” I stared at him as the tears slid down my face, “Wh…what?” I could barely talk. “Only for a few days. I have some things that I need to work out and I don’t want you in the middle of them and I’m not going to be myself for a few days. Its best if you just stay away till I contact you alright?” “But…” “Please Evelyn!” he paused to steady his voice, “for me, just please do this for me.” With that he walked to his next class and left me standing in the hallway as the tears flowed and blurred my vision.

It had been more than a few days and I was starting to worry about Austin. He never treated me like this and he never acted this way. After about a week of barely seeing Austin, I decided to confront him after our Chemistry class together. As the bell rang I waited till all the students had left the room and the teacher had lunch duty so she left as soon as all the students did, except for me and Austin. I watched as Austin slowly gathered his things, it killed me to see him like this and that he wouldn’t let me in to tell me what’s wrong.

As he was getting up I touched him arm, “Austin, we need to talk. It’s been a week. You need to talk to me and tell me what’s going on.” He turned to look at me his amber eyes were so sad. “Are you sure you want to know sweetheart?” He couldn’t look me in the eyes instead his eyes darted to the floor and the door. Well at least he called me sweetheart that’s got to be good right?

“Of course I want to know, I am your girlfriend unless that has changed?” He then suddenly looked into my green eyes and said in a serious tone, “That will never change. I love you more then the world itself. I want you to be my wife someday. I just want to make sure you are ready to hear what I have to say and it might affect you as well. Do you understand Evelyn?” All I could do was nod my head. I hadn’t been the epitomy of fashion sense this week; I basically just wore my black hair either straight or in a pony tail. Today’s ensemble was a pair of grey sweat pants and a t-shirt with a hoodie overtop. Barely any makeup just blush and mascara.

I took a deep breathe and said, “Go ahead. I’m ready when you are honey.” He sat me down on the chairs that were by the door and took my hands in his. I could tell he was trying to hold back his tears. “Evelyn, my parents are divorcing and my dad said that I have to go live with him in Italy. I don’t have a choice.” I stared at him in shock. “Why?” “He told me I could come back after a year of school in Italy, my mom actually agrees with him.” He scoffed as he said that part. “They both think I need to get away from you for a bit, and think about my life before I make any important decisions.”

“But you aren’t even done with your senior year yet! They can’t make you leave now!” I didn’t realize that I was crying till he wiped away the tears from my face. “I know sweetheart, it’s after we graduate. I am leaving the day after the graduation ceremony.” He let go of my hands and wrapped me in a warm embrace as my body shook with tremors of the sobbing that was coming from my chest. I couldn’t stop it, the tears kept coming like someone had left a faucet on and couldn’t turn it off. I felt like I was losing the world and everything in it was being shattered into little pieces. We sat there for what seemed hours and finally I was able to compose myself enough to ask him other questions.   

 



© 2009 ~RoyalVampire~


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved this! I intend to read more :]
Great job,
Jade

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow a wonderful story..i love it so far...i will read more later on
Great Job :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


WoW
Very well done indeed =D
The flow ... so well done and composed ...
Just a marvel in itself to read and follow =D
Pure elegance and beauty =D

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

787 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 23, 2009


Author

~RoyalVampire~
~RoyalVampire~

Grand Blanc, MI



About
I am 24 yrs of age, and married to a wonderful man, whom I met on here actually =) I am attending college to become a medical assistant, and should be graduating by the end of this year. I am a cra.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~