The pen is mightier than the sword!

The pen is mightier than the sword!

A Poem by barricade
"

(The title sucks...i know...) it's about words...the so called double edged sword...versus the real sword!

"

The pen is mightier than the sword

and so I've been told....

 

A sword just gives you bruises and wounds,

or even a bloody death...

It just attacks you on the body

and all it gets is flesh!!!

 

But words can stab you in the heart,

striking the cores of your soul...

just tear your bare existence apart

and decapitate you on the whole !!!

 

The pen is mightier than the sword

and so I've been told....

 

It's easier to die to a sword

than to those merciless words...

I'd be happier to loose my body

than to live with a bruised soul !!!

 

The pen is mightier than the sword

and so I've been told....

 

© 2009 barricade


Author's Note

barricade
just some thoughts I tried to pen down....and please help me with the title.... (-.-)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hmm...This was nice let me tell you that :)
I liked the concept..Though, I've read a lot of poems with this plot but this one was very much different.
It depicts about how both the things can rupture your heart and wound your soul.
There is nothing wrong with the title too..And I think so, that changing it won't be a good idea.
Since, there is a repetition of the lines in the poem-
"The pen is mightier than the sword
and so I've been told...." Thus, changing the title to something else won't look nice :)
Overall great work :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Strange enough, I don't think anything wrong with the title. The poem is touching on the realms of philosophical really. Another great piece of work; very thought invoking.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i love this very good write words are nice and others bring pain... love kizzy (dont 4get me when others r 4gottin...)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vivid exploration of a classic referent.

I sympathize w/the issue of dealing w/a classic soul/body assertion without succumbing to cliche as title.

"Blade Punner," perhaps. "Daggerel" if you like self-deprecating wit.

There's a truth issue, tho'. Would you REALLY prefer bodily extinction to soul bruise? Injury, maybe -- but death? Re-calibrate.

The truism has to do w/slaying social inequities, toppling tyrannous regimes, more than individual slights anyway.

"Quiller." ;-)

Provocative subject.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

How very true and powerfully written. Words can cut much deeper than swords. Excellent piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

now i like this poem

Posted 14 Years Ago


Im not so sure about this piece i get the feeling its lacking something but i like it .. theres just something strange about it.
The meaning is deep and trutherfull and the colours present the differnt thought tracks. x

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think you should take out the sword part and just keep the pen for the title. It sounds more...I don't know how to explain it but it sounds better. This was a really good poem.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

perhaps you should use Double Edged Sword as your title. it throws the reader off and requiires them to have to ponder the connection between your intricate words and the title.

This was an awesome poem.
and very true at that.
But the sword itself, when coming from the right (or wrong perhaps) person can be far more betraying and deadly that words itself.

Remember. Sword and Words are all in the same, but nothing alike. Either way, they contian the exact same letters.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this. It reminds me of that phrase:
Sticks and stones will break my bones but words can never hurt me.
I never believed in that. What some people say out of spite and anger is ten times worse than any physical injury that we might have to suffer through. Wounds heal, but they leave scars and words are the mightiest weapon of all. I'm sure everyone can relate to this...

"I'd be happier to loose my body
than to live with a bruised soul !!!"

These probably stand out the most to me because I know I definitely would not want to live with a bruised soul and patchworked heart. This was an amazing write Vin :]




Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very fascinating perspective. What I see in it is.... physical pain is one thing, and although it's brutal, it's still up front, and the wounds of the soul caused by mere words are far worse. It's strange to think of since it's just words, and people often think you can either listen to them or not, but that is not the case. This poem communicates this very well I think.

"I'd be happier to loose my body
than to live with a bruised soul !!!"

I love this line, because for me it really sums up the idea of this piece, but PS it's "lose" not "loose." And I also think the three exclamation points may be a bit much. I think one will suffice, but that's just my personal opinion.

Unless maybe you only used one in the two other stanzas then 3 here MAYBE, but I think one is plenty.

I really do like this though, it made me think. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1415 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 3, 2009
Last Updated on October 3, 2009

Author

barricade
barricade

India



About
with time...u shall see for the rest...just ask.... Lets101 Quizzes - fun Myspace quiz more..

Writing
Incurable Incurable

A Poem by barricade



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..