Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~

As I went through the day to the rest of my classes, I couldn’t concentrate on anything else but Austin. He couldn’t leave, not now. After graduation, we had so many plans and dreams that we wanted to do TOGETHER. Him being taken away from those dreams and plans…I couldn’t finish that sentence. I had to focus on something else. How the hell was I going to live without Austin for a year? Were his parents freaking crazy! Both of our parents know how serious me and Austin are and my parents are actually thrilled that I found such a sensitive and amazing guy.

When I told my parents of our plans to get married next summer, they were totally for it. Austin had said his parents weren’t thrilled, but didn’t tell him no. We were supposed to go look at rings the day after graduation, now…god why does life suck? I told Grace that Austin wanted to take me home today, even though it wasn’t his normal day. I told Grace I would call her later and let her know what was going on between me and Austin.

It was a quiet ride home and I decided to break the silence. “You do know that after graduation, we were supposed to look for rings.” He stared out the windshield and his face was blank and then he pulled over to the side of the road and put the car in park and looked at me. He took my face in his hands and said, “I promise you that will be the first thing we do after graduation and before I leave. I promise with all my heart, I want you happy darling.” Before I could answer his lips were on mine and I melted into him. His lips fit perfectly on mine and I felt his tongue slip in and explore mine. We sat there making out for a good 20 minutes.

Before he started driving again, he entwined his fingers through my hand and said, “I love you so much Evelyn.” I smiled and said, “I love you too Austin.” We continued holding hands and he would lift my hand and kiss it every once in a while. We finally got to my house and he opened the door for me, grabbed my book bag for me as he walked me up to the front door. He opened the door said a quick “hi” to my parents and then closed the door and wrapped his arms around my waist.

“Mind if I have this dance?” he asked with a smile on his face. “Austin there isn’t any music playing.” I smiled back. “We don’t need music; we can listen to our hearts beating together.” He pulled me closer and we started to slowly dance as he twirled me around on the front porch and dipped me a few times and towards the end I had my head lying on his chest listening to his heart beat and savoring the moment that we were having. Austin was a big romantic, but it had been a while since we did anything like this so it was really special to me.

I felt his hand go underneath my chin and lift my face up to see his gorgeous amber eyes. I looked at him for the longest time and then he kissed me with so much passion and desire I was left breathless when he finished. He whispered in my ear, “Forever mine.” Then he opened the front door and I stepped inside and gave him a quick kiss. “I will call you later alright?” I nodded. I watched as he climbed into his car and I waved as he took off. I closed the door and said “hi” to my parents and went up to my room.

I laid down on my bed thinking about all that had happened. Yes, I was still upset that he had to leave for Italy for a year, but if he was going to be so romantic I had to enjoy every minute of it. I mean I could do a year he would come back and we could get married and spend the rest of our lives together. I remembered that I had promised to call Grace when I got home, so I flipped open my pink sidekick phone and dialed Grace’s number. I smiled when I heard her answer on the other end. 

3 years earlier:

          “Come on Grace we need to get there, before all the good outfits get taken!” I yelled up the stairs so Grace could hear me. “I’m coming hold on to your monkey’s banana!” She yelled back. All I could do was smile, me and Grace had been best friends since we were 5 and we did almost everything together. After a few more minutes she finally came down the stairs in a real cute mini denim skirt tank top that had “Hot Stuff” written on it with her cute Converse sneakers. I had on a black mini skirt and tank that said “Burning Up” with my black flats on. “Ready?” I asked. “Yup!” We both laughed and we both said by to Mrs. Williams and got into my car. My parents bought me a brand new GT Mustang and so I was excited to show it off.

          We finally got to the mall, and went to Aero, American Eagle, Buckle, Charlotte Russe, Forever 21, and Icing. Found some great deals and then decided to take a break and have lunch in the food court. “So what do you think high school will be like?” I asked taking a bite of pizza. “Well, I think we will kill in the outfits that we just bought.” She laughed and took a sip of her Mt. Dew. I smiled, “Think we will get boyfriend’s this year?” “Evelyn, we are only going to be in 9th grade. If we were 10th graders, I would definitely say yes….but we are new meat guys won’t want anything to do with us yet.” “You are so negative Grace. You never know what will happen, I could end up being popular.”

          “You popular? That’s funny Evelyn.” We both laughed and I agreed that was a crazy idea. We finished up our lunch and decided to head home and crash for the night. As we were sitting in Grace’s room, which was a mess with all the bags and clothes all over I said, “So tomorrow is the big day you ready?” “I never will be ready, but oh well.” “Ok well I will pick you up at 7:30 and we will be fine.” I grabbed my bags and headed down the stairs, we both headed out to my car and I set my bags in the backseat. I opened my driver’s side door and gave Grace a hug and told her I would see her tomorrow.

          I was at Grace’s house at 7:30 sharp and saw her smiling face as she ran out the door and threw her bag in the backseat and I heard her seatbelt click and I took off. “Hey bestie, you look damn hot!” I smiled. “So do you. I love those jeans! Your hair looks great, mine looks like hell.” She pointed to her brown curly medium length hair, which looked adorable. “It looks great hun. Don’t worry.” We finally got to the high school parking lot and I pulled alongside another GT Mustang that was yellow with black strips down the side, mine was pink with black strips down the hood. “Someone’s got good taste.” I said smiling at Grace. We got out and grabbed our bags and opened the door of the high school for the first time.

          People were bustling everywhere, there were really cute guys standing in the nearby hallway and one of them looked my direction as me and my bestie walked past them. “That guy was totally checking you out Evelyn.” Grace whispered in my ear. “Eh, he’s not my type. Let’s just get to the office.” We both walked in and a lady with white hair smiled at us as she got up from her desk. “Hi ladies, I am Mrs. Queen and I am the secretary for King’s High School. This must be your first day?” We both nodded.

          “Names?” she asked. “Um…Grace Williams is my friend and I am Evelyn Cook.” I heard the door open and close, but didn’t turn around. “Here we go.” She handed us two pieces of paper and said, “These are your schedules for the school year, if you have any questions on where your classes are ask any teacher or student they will be happy to help you. Isn’t that right Mr. Taylor?” She looked at the young man behind us. That was when I turned around and looked at him. He had a smile on his face and those eyes were amazing. They were like an amber honey color, beautiful. He looked like a jock…figures he had to popular…but he was tan and had amazing dark hair that was styled perfectly.

          His voice interrupted my crazy thoughts, “Yes Mrs. Queen. As a matter of fact I have a few minutes before my class starts if you want me to show you ladies around?” “That would be great!” I said answering way to fast. He just smiled and opened the door so me and Grace could leave the office. “Are you a sophomore?” asked Grace. “Actually no, I am a freshman like the two of you, but I know a lot about this school. My mom used to be the principle here, so you can say I have spent a lot of time here. The downside is everyone knows me and I was popular even before I came here.” He smiled and looked at me, “I didn’t catch your name?” “Oh, Evelyn this is Grace my best friend.”

          “Nice to meet you both, my name is Austin Taylor. So where is your first class Evelyn?” I looked at my paper, and couldn’t figure out what the hell it said. “They can be tricky to read here let me show you how I do it.” He stood beside me and I could feel his body heat against my skin and smell his amazing cologne. “Alright you have English 101 with Miss Clark, she is a great teacher you will like her. It’s Room 205 which is right down that hallway.” He pointed straight ahead. “What is your first class Grace?” he asked. “Same one.” She smiled. “Well then problem solved, I have the class right next to you so if you want to meet up with me after 1st period I can show you lovely ladies where to go next?” “That sounds great, Austin thank you.” I smiled but could tell my face was getting hot.

          “Oh and a heads up lunch break is between 3rd and 4th period, so be ready to head straight there, we only get an hour. I will see you ladies in about an hour.” He smiled and then headed towards his class. “He is so hot!” I squealed. “Evelyn, I totally agree. But he is popular and a jock. You don’t have a chance with him.” “I know.” We headed towards our class.

          Lunch was a nice break from all the newness of the classes and figuring out where to go. Austin had been our tour guide all day and finally me and Grace could relax. We both were in line when I heard a familiar voice behind me. “I see you both don’t need help with the food part.” I turned around and was staring directly into Austin’s eyes, “Oh…um…yea. We are experts at food.” I laughed. “Well, that is good to know. If I have any advice that I need for food I will come to you. By the way, do you two want to eat with me and my friends?” I looked at Grace and raised my eyebrows. “Sure we would love too.” She said. “Great, let me grab my food and I can walk you two over there.”

          We finally reached a table where a bunch of guys and two girls were sitting. “Guys I would like you to meet these two lovely ladies, Evelyn and Grace.” “Hey!” they all said. “Evelyn this is Brittany and Jessica they are Mike and Paul’s girlfriends. “Hi, love the outfits.” said Jessica. “Thanks.” I said smiling. “This is Paul, Mike, and James. They are basically harmless unless you put them in a football game.” “Go Cougars!” said Paul. Me and Grace both laughed and set our trays down, I sat next to Austin who was sitting next to Paul and Grace was next to me and James.

          “So you girls freshman?” asked Mike. “Yeah…” Austin leaned in and whispered in my ear. “He looks tough, but he’s really just a big teddy bear.” I laughed. “Dude, thanks.” He put his arm around Brittany and gave her a kiss. “How long have you two been dating?” I asked Brittany. “2 years this month.” She smiled at Mike. “What about you Jessica?” I asked. “1 year last month.” She nudged Paul. “That’s awesome.” “So either one of you ladies have a boyfriend who you are hiding from us?” asked James to Grace. “No, not yet.” She smiled at me. “Ok so we are having a get together this Friday night at my place,” said Austin “you two ladies want to come?”

          I looked at Grace and she whispered, “I can’t go, I have the family dinner thing that I can’t get out of.” “Well, then I won’t go.” “No you should go. I think Austin likes you.” “I don’t want to go if you aren’t going.” “Just go, you can tell me all the details when you get home. I can go another time.” “You girls up for it?” Austin asked again. “Sure, but Grace can’t make it. She already has plans.” “Too bad, you will have to come to the next one.” “Definitely.” We finished up our lunch and me, Grace, and Austin all had 4th period together so we walked together to our next class.

          It was the end of the day and me and Grace were walking out to my car when I noticed who owned the yellow GT Mustang, it was Austin’s. We threw our bags into my backseat and I heard Austin say, “I didn’t know this was yours. Very nice.” “Thanks it was a present from the rentals.” “Well, you have good taste.” He hopped into his car and took off.  

 



© 2009 ~RoyalVampire~


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow its really good im hooked..lol
Great Job :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Interesting Indeed =D
Like it !!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 23, 2009


Author

~RoyalVampire~
~RoyalVampire~

Grand Blanc, MI



About
I am 24 yrs of age, and married to a wonderful man, whom I met on here actually =) I am attending college to become a medical assistant, and should be graduating by the end of this year. I am a cra.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..