Ripples

Ripples

A Story by Christine

"So how exactly am I supposed to be feeling?" she asked inquisitively as she stared at her feet, moving them slowly through the sand. A fly landed on her leg and she swatted it off with as much grace as she could manage, which wasn't much. They were walking, slowly putting distance between themselves and the public also enjoying the warm day. The sun was just starting to set, and a storm cloud on the horizon glowed orange and pink. The ripples from the last skipped rocks (or attempts on her part) were still cascading from their center. They stopped and sat down, a few feet from the edge of the lake just to keep themselves dry. A flash of lightning struck in the sky, but a longways over the lake, lighting up the cloud in the distance.

© 2011 Christine


Author's Note

Christine
Not finished at all, but I've hit a wall. I'll pick back up when I can find the right words to describe this. If ya have any suggestions, that would be great. This could really go anywhere from here.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ooooh...I love how it begins. I'm hung on her words, and I read on in anticipation to know the answer to her question, what it meant. The search is calmed by the serenity of her setting, which gives me this awesome combination of emotions. Good starting paragraph, very attention grabbing!

-nicole-was-here-

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
1 Review
Added on September 24, 2011
Last Updated on November 26, 2011

Author

Christine
Christine

Kenosha, WI



About
I know my writing sure won't be as good as all the stuff on here, but I'm tired of keeping all this bottled up. This will be my release. Now I will try to keep everything I write about completely anon.. more..

Writing
Release Release

A Poem by Christine


Mom Mom

A Poem by Christine