Episode 2-Sour Gummy Worms

Episode 2-Sour Gummy Worms

A Chapter by Blue Belle
"

Can Copper trust Avery now?

"



Mr. Clark lectures us on something boring as usual as I doodle on my notes. The girl to my right isn’t paying attention either as she “secretly” texts; though I know that Mr. Clark sees what she is doing and lets her do it anyway. My attention turns to a knock near the door as it is open, which is rare while lecturing. Mr. Clark steps around the corner so none of us can see or hear the conversation.


He peeks his head in, looks at me, and motions his finger towards him, “Copper, would you gather your things and come here please?”


In that moment, everything seems to slow down. I push my purse over my shoulder and swipe my books off my desk. I keep my eyes on the floor, though I can feel my classmates staring at me as if I was in trouble for something.


Was I in trouble for something?


                “Hi, I am Ms. Greene. I work here as a school psychologist. Is that alright if we go down to my office and talk?”


                I have a confused look on my face, “Why?”


                She looks worried, “Because I think it would be best if we had a little talk.”


                I cross my arms, “Why should I take to you?”


                Ms. Greene smiles, “Well, you get to miss class, so that’s a plus.”


                I sigh, “Fine.”


                She starts walking as I follow behind, still crossing my arms, not really wanting to talk, but I don’t want to be in class. My heart races as I’m not quite sure what is going to happen next. We reach her office that is hidden away in the history hall.


                She closes the door and takes a seat behind her desk, “You can sit anywhere you would like.”


                I take a seat closes to the door, of course, “Is this about skipping class the other day?”


                Ms. Greene shakes her head, “No. Someone is just a bit worried about how you may be dealing with things and wanted to help you.”


                I look her straight in the eyes, “Who?”


                She takes a deep breath in and lets it out slowly, “I can’t tell you that.”


                I roll my eyes, “Why not?”


                Ms. Greene’s lips curl in and then out, “Because of confidentiality reasons.”


                I shove me hands underneath my legs, “So that means whatever I say is confidential as well?”


                She nods, “Yes.”


                I look around the room, “So?”


                She glances at her computer as an e-mail comes in and then back at me, “How have things been with you?”


                I shrug, “Fine.”


                She rests her chin on the fist she has made, “What do you consider fine?”


                A tear rolls down my face, “I don’t want to talk.”


                I stand up quickly and head out of the room. I angrily stomp down the stairs and walk out of the school, leaving no space to allow myself entry way back in. The sun beats down on my face and some of my anger is released as I deeply notice the warmth on my skin. The sirens from the fire house go off and startle me a bit. I love the sound of the sirens. I watch grass blades dancing in the light wind and smell gas as I step closer to the nearby gas station/convenient store. I slowly push the door open. The cahiers eye brows are almost touching as her is probably confused as to why I am out of school. I browse the store, looking at all of the packaged food and cans of drinks. Sour gummy worms grab my attention; I stare at them for a few minutes before I decide to take them off the shelf. I also grab a pack of gum, but I stuff it in my back pocket with my phone. I open the fridge door, the air is crisp and cool, and it feels good. I reach for a bottle of water and head to the cashier to pay for the gummy worms and bottle of water. I set the exact amount of money on the counter as soon as the guy reads the cash register. I leave the place and head down to the park.


                I open the bottle of water and take a few sips, set it down on the ground and rip open the package of gummy worms with my teeth. I take a few and sit on the swing, moving back and forth, my feet not leaving the mulch.


Did Avery say something to Ms. Greene? Did Mr. Clark or Mr. Parker say anything? Only Avery “thinks” she knows. I don’t know about the other two. Why would Avery do that to me?


                I hear a voice coming from behind me, “Hey, are you Copper?”


                I hesitate turning around, but say something before I realize who it is, “Yes.”


                Mr. Alan, the school police officer waves his hand towards him, “Come on, we are going back to the school.”


                I pick up the food and water and walk back to the school with him. The whole way there, I try to focus on everything else, besides the fact of being caught out of school again. The birds sing, dogs bark, the wind feels warm, and the pine trees smell wonderful to me.


                Mr. Alan swipes his school ID card up to the recognition box to let us back in. The school has a strange odor that wrinkles my nose.


Mr. Alan opens the door to Mr. Parker’s office, “I found her down by the park.”


Mr. Parker nods, “Thank you.”


Mr. Alan closes the door as he leaves.


Mr. Parker sighs, “You’ve been skipping again.”


I lean back in the chair with my arms crossed, “Yeah?”


He looks to his computer, “If I catch you skipping again, I will have to give you a detention.”


I roll my eyes not caring, “Okay.”


He interlocks his fingers and sets his hands on his lap, “I heard you left Ms. Greene’s office.”


I nod, “Yeah.”


He nods, “So where did you go?”


I look out the window, “For a walk.”


He gives a look of “really,” “Can you be more specific?”


I tilt my head, “The convenient store and then the park.”


He folds his arms together, “Any reason why?”


I shake my head, “Not really.”


Mr. Parker scratches his head, “I want you to talk to Ms. Greene tomorrow during your lunch period.”


My face is displeased, “Ugh, why!?”


He closes his eyes, “Please, I just want you two to talk, that’s all.”


I shake my head and roll my eyes, “Whatever.”


I leave his office without permission, only to find Avery standing at one of the secretaries desks in the main office. I give her a look of “I know you told.” She shoots me back a look of worry.

 

                  



© 2013 Blue Belle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2014 Views
Added on May 5, 2013
Last Updated on May 5, 2013
Tags: mental health, mental illness, mental disorder, depression, anxiety, self-harm, cutting, school psychologist, high school, ednos


Author

Blue Belle
Blue Belle

Elmira, NY



About
I am twenty-nine years old. I'm dealing with a mood disorder/depression, anxiety, an eating disorder, borderline personality disorder, self-harm, and suicidal thoughts. I love writing. and most of my .. more..

Writing