Shadow's Letter

Shadow's Letter

A Chapter by Liz Lor
"

This is the technical prolouge of A Shadow's Path. This chapter is sort of short, but the next ones will be longer.

"

Dear reader,

 

            Uh…I don’t really know how to do this. They just told me to write stuff down, and well writing isn’t really my forte, you know? I’m more of a fighting, and blending in sort of girl. From what I’ve been told, I’m pretty good at it. This other stuff (like writing my feelings down) not so much. They told me it would be good for us, the flock. But I’m not so sure anymore. I can’t be sure about anything.

            Is this good for us? Can we be secure here? Will we be safe?

            You should know that by us I mean my flock. They told me to write everything down right? So I’ll start here.

            The flock… it’s hard to explain us. We’re… well sort of special. I’m still trying to decide if that’s good or bad, and- believe me- I’ve had all my fourteen years to decide. So, I can start off by telling you the most shocking thing-drum role please- we have wings. Yep, told ya we were special. All four of us (me, my twin Shade, the hot headed Shift, and our leader, Arrow) have huge wings sprouting from our backs.

            We could say it was a freak accident, but the truth is real people did this to us. We were all born this way. Our wings aren’t the only things that make us different, we have other powers. I can get to that later. Right now, I should start telling you my story, so keep reading. See what horrors we’ve been through.

 

                     

          Fly on,

              Shadow

 



© 2011 Liz Lor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on January 12, 2011
Last Updated on January 12, 2011


Author

Liz Lor
Liz Lor

NJ



About
I was born in a small city. Back then, everything about writing didn't appeal to me. I HATED it. Then I moved. It was tough going from the loud, entertaining city to the quieter, distant suburbs. I h.. more..

Writing