Casual Madness

Casual Madness

A Poem by Logan Carryall
"

Indifferent insanity has a way about it.

"

Blazingly indifferent weaves form
From a blindfold and a carton of cigarettes.
Those years spent
From under the blankets

Madness.

Surely it was all about you,
Surely life will not abandon those
Those important people
On grand scales within their own minds.

Surely.
It is what can't be ignored!

Life most assuredly needs assurance
From You
It won't move of course without
Your consent
It will understand the depressions hold
Certainly it will compensate
Certainly.
It can't hang a traitor.

What right does anyone have
To worry for You?
What right do they posses,
To place care?
What right
To be genuine?

The word must not exist.

To grow,
Certainly not a requirement
For both must not exist
Nor your senses
Feelings
Mind.

Madness.

© 2008 Logan Carryall


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I feel the dark in this. I also totally feel as if this is about abandonment...thoughts feelings. About thinking that bad things wont happen if you don't think about them. As if insanity cannot prey on just anyone. But it can. I liked the mocking tone. At the beginning I felt you were talking about someone else but later on.. I definitely got the feeling this was a voice inside yourself. I heard that creative people .. such as poets are a little bit crazy. We have to be. And I like here that you question the sanity ..but it isn't all that bad, but I can really understand how scary a realization like that could be.

or.. I could have missed the whole meaning of this ...either way I enjoyed it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I feel the dark in this. I also totally feel as if this is about abandonment...thoughts feelings. About thinking that bad things wont happen if you don't think about them. As if insanity cannot prey on just anyone. But it can. I liked the mocking tone. At the beginning I felt you were talking about someone else but later on.. I definitely got the feeling this was a voice inside yourself. I heard that creative people .. such as poets are a little bit crazy. We have to be. And I like here that you question the sanity ..but it isn't all that bad, but I can really understand how scary a realization like that could be.

or.. I could have missed the whole meaning of this ...either way I enjoyed it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I had to read this three times to really get what I think you must've meant, in the writing of it. Then again, I could be absofuckinlutely wrong. LOL.

To me, this speaks volumes about what it is to have absolute control over one's own life, one's own destiny, whatever you might call it. To me, this suggests that even the people in our lives are subject to our mental whims, somewhat. No much, but somewhat. Day by day, things are gravy and then s**t slips and suddenly you aren't sure if your foothold in everyday truth is so sturdy after all. Suddenly, you're sure of not a damned thing. The steady reality...a grand illusion that keeps that common person sane and grounded and unafraid.

Maybe things change when you will them to hard enough. And maybe they don't.

Logan, I could be completely off on this, but this...to me, it reads like a dare. Like you're daring the reader to be the first in a new species. "Give and hoot and give the f**k in to what you already knew."

Those are my thoughts.

Dude, f****n never stop writing.

Hawksmoor...From The Bleed.


Posted 15 Years Ago


I went looking for something new to read. I'm glad I did. This is really good. I read it over quite a few times... a couple of them outloud. Seems like I should be learning something from it but I tend to overthink things.

"Surely it was all about you,"

... I always knew it was!

"Life most assuredly needs assurance
From You"

... ahh, I cannot assure anyone about anything. I wasn't even sure it was about me...
(see Ms. K shrug shoulders)

"It will understand the depressions hold
Certainly it will compensate
Certainly." ........I'm still waiting.

I don't know too many "genuine" people. People have the right to be genuine, the problem is that they just aren't... so disappointing... maybe the word should not exist afterall.

Growth is... "certainly not a requirement..." How bout genuine growth? We don't see too much of that do we... reminds me of breast augmentation... don't laugh... there is a comparison in there somewhere! Sort of the harbinger of the age is it not... the false things we need to "grow"... in body or mind... yes? Phony's lurking everywhere I am probably the biggest one of all... it is truly madness...

Indifferent:
Pronunciation: in-ˈdi-fərnt, -f(ə-)rənt
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French or Latin; Anglo-French, from Latin indifferent-, indifferens, from in- + different-, differens, present participle of differre to be different - more at differ
Date: 14th century

1: marked by impartiality : unbiased
2 a: that does not matter one way or the other b: of no importance or value one way or the other
3 a: marked by no special liking for or dislike of something b: marked by a lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern for something : apathetic
4: being neither excessive nor inadequate : moderate
5 a: being neither good nor bad : mediocre b: being neither right nor wrong
6: characterized by lack of active quality : neutral
7 a: not differentiated b: capable of development in more than one direction;

I like to look up words just to see what Mer/Web has to say about their official meaning. I don't mean to take up so much space but it seemed important to me. Look at all the ways that "Indifferent" can be defined... so many synonyms some of them more heinous than others... unbiased and moderate aren't so bad but what about... mediocre or apathetic ... ugh, don't like those. I wouldn't want that to be the image that people have of me...

I like #7 part b: capable of development in more than one direction.

If it had to be said that I am indifferent let it be only because I have yet to discover or learn or grow those things that will make it possible for me to choose the direction that I am to go... hopefully I can take some friends with me on my trip...

This is very long... Sorry... I found your poem extraordinary. Made me think today and that is never a bad thing. Thanks

Kristina

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ari
Well, I absolutely get the feeling of indifference from this. I don't get a really strong feeling of madness, but every line just screams indifference to me.

Good work!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 16, 2008

Author

Logan Carryall
Logan Carryall

Upstate, NY



About
Logan Carryall is a young man who lives in the apple orchards of New York, New York. About ten minuets from the Hudson River, Logan drinks near barges and trains. The world seems much bigger without a.. more..

Writing