End of the line

End of the line

A Story by LoganG
"

All Tully Swanson wanted is to get home.

"

 “No Justin, I’ll be fine it’s only just across town, please don’t worry. I Love you.” A tall brunette said affectionately.

“It’s just that New York City is a strange place at night; you never know what weirdos are walking around here. I’ll ring you tonight or maybe you could ring me? Just let me no your okay.”

 “Stop worrying it’s only a simple little bus ride. Look no one else is even on the bus, Okay? What could possibly go wrong? Goodbye now.”  
 
Tully Swanson stepped onto the bus, not without waving and giving a smile to her worrying boyfriend.
“Hello. I’d like…”
“Just get on the bus love you don’t have to pay.” The bus driver interrupted.
“Oh thank-you that’s very sweet but… I just wouldn’t feel comfortable”
“It’s fine. Don’t worry about it, it’s my last shift and it’s late.”
“Thank-you that’s so kind.”
Tully was making her way to the back, even though there was no one else on the bus she never really liked to sit at the front.
 
Half an hour had past and Tully was bored out her mind.
“Hmm what can I do? What can I do…?” She thought to herself.
“SNAKE!”
“What’s that love?” The bus driver said looking up curiously.
“Sorry. On my phone, Snake, I got a bit excited” She laughed embarrassingly.
After another half hour of playing she decided to stop as her fingers were getting sore. Time was going very slow, much slower than usual.
 “Excuse me mister bus driver? Are we going to be there soon?” she said impatiently.
“Please, call me Steve. And yes we should be there soon.”
“Ahhh” She sighed.
Usually she would be talking to as many people as she could. Tully was a people person and there was nothing she loved more than making new friends.
“SHH!” a voice said.
“I’m sorry.” Tully whispered sounding a little hurt.
“It wasn’t me love” Steve said turning around looking a little frightened.
“SHH! SHH! YOU HAVE TO SHUT UP!” said the voice even angrier than before.
“Excuse me? We’re not harming anyone. Why don’t you sit down here and we can talk?”
“SHUT UP! SHUT UP! WHY, WHY WOULD I WANT TO SHHHHH, SHUT UP!”
 
Tully was frightened. Being a nurse she was used to some people being a little strange, but this man was different, he seemed eerie. He gave Tully a bad vibe.
She turned to face the front, when all of a sudden she heard rustling coming from the back. It was the man, he was coming to sit near Tully.
The air got colder by every step he took. He sat down right in front of Tully.
But no, in fact it wasn’t a man, it was a woman or so it looked. Tully didn’t really no what it was but she knew it wasn’t human.
“Hi, I’m Tully. What’s you name?” She said trying to make some conversation. She was probably just jumping to conclusions anyway.
“I didn’t come here to talk. I came here... to eat.” It said with a sinister smirk across its face.
Tully was deeply disturbed. And time was still going extraordinarily slow. Then suddenly the bus got faster.
“Steve? Are you okay?” she spoke while peering anxiously into the driver’s booth.
Steve didn’t answer instead he was slumped over the steering wheel.
“STEVE! STEVE ARE YOU OKAY?” she said frantically while trying to pull him up.
The sound of laughter was coming from whatever it was riding the bus with them both.
She looked over and there it was, the worst smile she had ever seen in her whole entire life. It was huge, the teeth were crooked and the saliva was the strangest colour, the colour of blood and skin. And the laugh, the laugh was something Tully would never forget, not in a million centuries. She ran to the bus driver, and pulled him up. She let out a horrified scream as she looked upon the horror. There was nothing left of Steve he had no eyes, no ears, no hair, no mouth, nothing. He was just a blank human canvas.
Tully didn’t know what to. She was in hysterics. The bus got faster and faster.
“Now Tully Swanson, I’m still hungry. Can you help me with that?” the creature said in dark and evil tone.
The bus came to an immediate halt. The screeching of the breaks and a scream was all that could be heard.
 
 
“Hello? Tully are you there?” Justin said after receiving a call from her number.
“Is that you? Are you there? I can’t quite hear you” But all that was heard on the other end were some muffled screams and chocking sounds. Then the phone went dead.

© 2009 LoganG


Author's Note

LoganG
Please dont be too harsh
but please enjoy it :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

s**t, i read this at midnight and it freaked me out a bit.
if that's what you were going for, well done, i s'posse.
ha

Posted 14 Years Ago


This was VERY entertaining.i really liked it.I just wished that i knew if the antaganist was a man or a woman.

Posted 14 Years Ago


One can see you are into the macabre! Another interesting story, but with a few detail problems and again word usage. If you want I can return and proof the entire story, but only if you want. It is minor things that become major when they stop the reader or distract them. Things like spelling the word "KNOW" as 'NO', in the second paragraph.

All in all, another good write.,,,,,Mhk Melvin

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 30, 2009
Last Updated on July 2, 2009

Author

LoganG
LoganG

Melbourne, Australia



Writing