Hunted by the Demons That Never Let you Rest.

Hunted by the Demons That Never Let you Rest.

A Story by LoganG
"

Just wrote it up got a bit bored.

"

 

Midnight is the witching hour. Midnight is the time when a door opens from our world into the next when demons and dark forces emerge from the shadow lands. The incubus, the succubus, and the old hag these visitors may be known by many names but each story bares the same mark. They come during the first three hours after midnight when we are alone and vulnerable, when sleep has held us… when we cannot move.
 
12:00 am

Lily Cattrell lay asleep in her bed, her long dark hair was spread across her pillow and the moons light shone beautifully across her face.
She awoke startled to hear the phone ring
“Hel- … Hello?” she spoke, yawning in mid sentence
“Hi… Is Charlotte there?” The voice was sharp and there was something eerie about it that Lily just couldn’t place her finger on.
“No I’m sorry, I think you have the wrong number” The phone on the other end cut out.
Lily walked over to her window and closed it, she’s already going to have enough trouble falling asleep now she doesn’t need the noise of the trains and cars too.

It had been half an hour since the phone call. Lily just couldn’t manage to get to sleep so she decided to get up. She turned on the TV and after fifteen minutes later she was asleep.
 
1:00 am
 
Once again, she awoke to the phone ringing.
“Hello?” she said in a very confused tone.
“ Yes.. Is Charlotte there? I need to talk to Charlotte” It was the same voice as before yet this time it was strange, it sounded depraved. Shivers ran down her spine.
“I’m sorry; I’ve told you once before, I think you have the wrong number. There is no one called Charlotte here and there never has been. What’s your name?”
Again the phone went dead, nothing but a dial tone. Lily became distraught she slammed all the windows shut and double bolted the door. She sat curled up on the couch when once again the phone rang.
“No, this time I’m not answering it!” she told herself.
She continued not to answer the phone. All of a sudden the channels on the tv changed repeatedly, the images were horrible and all you could here was something saying "Where is Charlotte?" Over and over. Lily became insane. She couldn’t bare it.
 
 
 
2:00 am
 
At this point every appliance in the house was switched on and it all seemed to be all making the same noise, saying the same thing.  Charlotte.
The walls had become crimson and the paint  dripping down onto the floor. If it was paint. And there was a smell, it was unbearable.
 
At this point Lily had gone mad she begun shouting and screaming at the thing she knew was in the room with her. She had broken down completely.
All of sudden everything had stopped and the room went dead.
Until she had heard the sound of knocking, she was frozen and the smell had become increasingly worse.
She walked into her bedroom the sound was coming from her window. She slowly pulled open the curtains. She didnt know why she did this, it was like she was possessed. She let out a terrified scream. The worst sight she had ever seen in her whole life.  
The window had shattered and Lily fell back as the presence stepped through the threshold into her bedroom.
 
3:00 am
 
The figure came closer and the smell had gotten that much worse. That's when she realised the smell was coming from her, she looked at her skin, it was decomposing and had a very dark yellow-green colour too it. She began clawing at it. Each of her fingers fell off and she could feel her teeth falling out of her gums one by one. She opened her mouth and a pool of blood came flowing out like a river. The smell had become so intense that she was literally choking on it.
She let out a final gasp as she disappeared, all that was left was a rank odour.
 
Whatever was with Lily Cattrell that night had drifted out the window and floated out into the night. Screaming on the wind… charlotte…?

© 2009 LoganG


Author's Note

LoganG
I just fixed things up, Re read it hopefully it flows nicer now please tell me if you see anything wrong

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Logan! One needs to spell check / proof read at some time! {lol}

Serisously, your writtings are unique, sublime, and quite interesting to read, but {the old dreaded but} the numerous grammatical and spelling errors take the reader away from the story.

In this one, the opening paragraph and closing sentence are so killer good, but the errors in the rest take so much away from a great write.

You have a talent for the macabre writting, now you just need to get the proofing down.

Three for three so far with your writting. I have liked all three, they are terrific writes.,,,Mhk Melvin

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very eerie.
Quite a good write for a short story :]

Posted 14 Years Ago


Logan! One needs to spell check / proof read at some time! {lol}

Serisously, your writtings are unique, sublime, and quite interesting to read, but {the old dreaded but} the numerous grammatical and spelling errors take the reader away from the story.

In this one, the opening paragraph and closing sentence are so killer good, but the errors in the rest take so much away from a great write.

You have a talent for the macabre writting, now you just need to get the proofing down.

Three for three so far with your writting. I have liked all three, they are terrific writes.,,,Mhk Melvin

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very well descriptive write and your plot was wonderful
I like the charcters as wel. eveyrthing flowed.
Yes it was errie but written well

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very eerie. Not the type of thing I usually read, but it is very imaginative...so well done on that. Just be careful of the grammatical errors found through out.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this!It sounds eerie!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very nice style and continuation of the idea. It gives a strong sense of melancholy from the begining. very good.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 29, 2009
Last Updated on July 2, 2009

Author

LoganG
LoganG

Melbourne, Australia



Writing
End of the line End of the line

A Story by LoganG



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..