Nightmare in room 517

Nightmare in room 517

A Story by LoganG
"

Just another story i wrote while i was bored. so dont take it too seriously.

"

“Dexter Finch, I’m staying on the fifth floor, room 517”
A strange look came over the concierge’s face, he looked almost concerned.
“Well then Mr. Finch, I’ll get someone to look into that strait away. Have a nice day”

The tall, brown curly haired man smiled and walked over to the elevator.

“HOLD IT! PLEASE!”  A dazzling blonde said while running towards the elevator. “Thank-you, floor five please” she smiled.
Dexter pushed the button. The elevator slowly rose.
“So are you new in this hotel?” the mysterious woman asked, trying to make small talk.
“Yes actually I got here last night. My names Dexter, Dexter Finch.”
“It’s nice to meet you Mr. Finch; I’m Sandiego, Sandiego Lockhart.”
He knew this wasn’t really her name, no one in the hotel used there real name.
“Well then Miss. Lockhart I guess this is our floor.”
They both got of the elevator and went opposite ways.
“Oh and Mr. Finch if you ever need anything I’m staying in room 540.” Sandiego said with a charming smirk on her face.

Dexter turned the key in the knob and swang open his door. There was that same odd smell there, the smell that Dexter complained to the hotel management about.

Dexter was exhausted. He collapsed onto his bed trying to ignore the smell and go to sleep.
After an hour he woke up after having a terrifying nightmare about Sandiego. He had dreamt that there was figure standing over her bed peeling off her flesh. Bit by bit.
He ran to her room and knocked as loudly as he could.
“Sandiego are you in there.” He shouted while banging furiously on her door.

“Miss Lockhart! Are you there!” he could hear a rustling coming from within.

She opened the door. There was the same rank odour in her room.
“Dexter! What can I do for you?” Her face beamed as she smiled happily at the man at her door.
“Well actually... no, its stupid don’t worry about it.” He said quietly while walking away.
“Come back It’s fine I wont make fun of you.”
“Well, it’s just that, I had this dream. It was horrible. I dreamt that there was this creature standing over you he was… well … peeling off your skin and eating it.” He said extremely embarrassed.

“Don’t be silly. I’m fine.  It was just dream come inside and I’ll make you a nice hot drink.”
He walked into her room and sat down on a seat by the window. The cool breeze of the night was flowing gently into the room. It didnt mask the smell.
“Sorry, but I couldn’t help but notice the smell. I don’t mean to be rude but I have the same smell in my room. It’s strange though, you know there are at 11 rooms in between us and ours seem to be the only that smell.”
“Yeah. I know. Its smells the worst, it keeps me up at night.” She said with a disturbed yet strange look upon her face.

A few hours had past an Dexter was on his way back to his room. He sat down on the bed. The smell was horrible, but once again still managed to get to sleep.
It was the creaking of the door that woke him up. He tried to pull his eyes open, but they already were. He was blind. But he could still smell, the odour in his room had become intense. He was literally chocking on the smell when all of a sudden he felt a sharp pain on his face. His skin was peeling. He felt each strip break away from the flesh on his face. He screamed out in pain.
“WH-WH-WHAT ARE YOU? WH-WHO ARE YOU?” Dexter said in between screams.
“Who me?” The thing said while peeling off bits of his skin “Just your friendly neighbour in room 540.”

© 2009 LoganG


Author's Note

LoganG
Just wrote it up quickly .. ignore spelling i didnt proof read.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Clever clever! I knew Miss Lockhart had something to do with this whole story. Besides a few grammatical errors (which didn't throw the story off at all) it was a great quick write! Awesome job :]

Posted 14 Years Ago


Well get back here and proof read it! {lol} No seriously now, there isn't really a lot of spelling errors, its more of wrong word usage errors. but when you proof it I'm sure you'll castch them.

I liked the eerie weirdness of this story.

Just a technical point, there are not 23 rooms between rooms 517 and 540 in a hotel. well yes there is but the distance would only be 11 rooms, because they alternate sides.

For a quick write this is pretty damn good. ,,,,Mhk melvin

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 1, 2009
Last Updated on July 2, 2009

Author

LoganG
LoganG

Melbourne, Australia



Writing
End of the line End of the line

A Story by LoganG



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by GreenGrl_32