The Thief

The Thief

A Chapter by lonewolf225
"

The main character John manages to save a woman from a man trying to mug her for her purse/ring.

"
Here we go again, I've managed to find even more trouble than usual. I was just walking my usual rout to school when I heard the chilling sound of a woman crying and a mans hushed threatening whispers. Although a voice in the back of my head told be to keep going, I followed the noise into an alley where I saw a man holding a gun to a woman's head while trying to take her purse and ring. The woman was overcome with fear, she was breaking down. I turned to the man and said, "you might not want to do that". The man turned in a wide ark And pointed the revolver at my head. I raised my hands slightly to show I had no weapons. My sleeves on my leather jacket sliding slightly down my wrist. He gives a panicked look to me then says, "and whys that?" I look at him with a stern look and say, "because people like me just might catch you." The man then gives a smirk to me obviously now taking me as a joke. Oh. And what are you going to do talk me to death? He says with a small chuckle. The woman looks at me dumbfounded that a high schooler is threatening a robber. I give a small grin to the thief who has obviously underestimated my power like many others. Instantly my hands start to heat up, and my eyes turn a fluorescent red. The man looks into my eyes and loosens his grip on his gun. I flick my wrists and with small hiss my hands erupt in fire. The man looks at me in horror as does the woman. The robber completely drops his weapon and remarks me with a, "what the hell" I extend my hands in his direction and the fire spreads across the wall behind the robber. The woman takes this time to run. The robber falls forward due to the heat that has just erupted behind him. I flick my wrists again and the flame extinguished. I then walk over to the robber laying on the ground stunned at what I just did. I grab him by his shirt and hoist him up in front of me. He looks into my eyes again and I see his fear in his eyes. Didn't your mommy ever tell you that it's not nice to steal? I say to him in a mocking tone of voice. He shakes his head up and down diligently. If I catch you stealing in this part of town again I'll do more than scare the living crap out of you. He looks at me now dumbfounded and looking like a child who just got caught in the act of stealing a cookie from the cookie jar. He then gives me a strained nod and I release his shirt he's already running before he hits the ground. Stunned by the power that came over me when I went all flamo and stuff I stood there for several more seconds. Then relief flooded through my body I strap my book bag to my shoulder and stuff my hands into my pockets as if nothing had just happened and walk back into the street of which I came. there where now a crowd of pedestrians walking towards the alley attracted by the noise that I must have made confronting the robber. I simply pull my hood over my head and keep my head down as I walk through the crowd. Several people bumping my shoulders as I walk by but none of them stop me to ask questions. I guess they didn't see me freak out on the robber. It's for the best to if they would have seen me catch fire I would have been toast my mother and I would've had to move again, never staying to long in one place afraid someone will find out about my so called "gift" but I wouldn't consider something that brakes apart your life from the age 12 a gift more like a curse.


© 2015 lonewolf225


Author's Note

lonewolf225
This is not the whole chapter 1 I just wanted to see how many people enjoy the writing if many people like it then I'll add the full chapter. Hope you like it :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on May 6, 2015
Last Updated on May 6, 2015
Tags: Fiction, teen


Author

lonewolf225
lonewolf225

IN



About
I am 15 and from Indiana, I didn't start to pick up writing until here recently, I am also a huge book fan and will always enjoy a good read. more..

Writing