Streÿgo the last

Streÿgo the last

A Story by Steven

Strey...go! ...Strey.. go! ...Strey... go!
The one good ear left was in pain, the shouting was too loud. Trying to stop the chant would never happen. The remembered and lost could be seen in the crowd if he looked hard enough. They always seemed just out of sight. Still Streygo stood silent with a hunch developed from the change curse. Streygo kept his eyes low and his steps careful. Nobody would ever look remotely similar to Streygo. Killing the mage would never be possible again. Streygo developed a warfare still incomprehensible or repeated to this day. He welcomed death, he welcomed an end that would eventually come. For you see, the mage did not murder his loved ones he did far worse. The mage cursed Strego with long life forcing him to watch his family die of old age. The body sensed the sadness a great threat to many things so the changes began to prevent Strego from mourning. Every 5th year less people knew him. Every 10th year more feared him. Strego's changes prehistoric and mythical continued.

© 2024 Steven


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was riveting; I was pulled in for more details. People who sense things should move to change them. Keep writing those mythical writes; I like them.

Posted 2 Weeks Ago


Steven

2 Weeks Ago

thank you sami.
Sami Khalil

2 Weeks Ago

You are welcome sir Steven.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
1 Review
Added on February 10, 2024
Last Updated on April 9, 2024

Author

Steven
Steven

havelock, NC



About
I write stories that will tell me how people are from there questions and responses. don't know how to get this dang picture right side up! more..

Writing