Prologue;A forsaken battle

Prologue;A forsaken battle

A Chapter by LoveSickCrow
"

This gives back ground on a important plot point later in the story

"
"Show some respect on this deck for the dear departed, Gather ye's round let's be bound by the work we started, Save all your strength for the length of the task before us, Think on that ship on the slipway they can't ignore us."Chanted one of the cats, Scruff, who was bored out of his mind from the guard duty."I hope you get shot if we are attacked."Said Karpos, a big husky wolf manning the mounted turret on the outpost's left flank."I hope none of us get shot."Said Rex, another wolf, who was close friends with Karpos."Though I must say there is some beauty in that song..."Rex said again.
It was a calm day in the wintered parts of Russia. The Raye Republic made a small outpost (Outpost Getaway) in between two bigger ones as a means of passing supplies. Rex's squad, The Titans, where posted on the far left flank of the outpost. Karpos yawned and stepped down from the mounted gun."This isn’t what I expected when I joined the Raye Republic."He said."Well Im glad you want some action, I for one am just glad to be alive right now."Said Rex as he took a sip on some coffee."
"...Where the hell did you get coffee?"Karpos asked."...It was in the barracks a moment ago, it may be gone though."He said."Ah f**k shoulda got me some."He said though he did nothing about it."Coffee...coffee coffee...you know that stuff can be bad for your teeth..."Said Scruff as he was aiming down his sniper scope."Our teeth is cleaner then a human..."Rex stated."I beg to differ..."Karpos said taking a sip of Rex's coffee.
"What will you do with a drunken sailor what will you do with a drunken sailor what will you-"Scruff was singing until interrupted by gun fire. The group sat in silence for a moment and didn't hear another shot."...Trigger happy son of a b***h..."Said Karpos as he was about to sit down, right before a explosion hit down near their position."S**t! This is f*****g real!"Said Scruff jumping out of his nest."S**t I can see em'! They are hitting the north gate!"Said Karpos."There's only three of us here, come on let’s give some support."Rex said dropping his coffee, grabbing his M16A4 and rushing to the heat.
Rex saw the carnage that the Humans where creating, at least five tanks busting through the gates, multitudes of men flooding into the small outpost, it was all a massive overkill. Rex turned around and stopped Scruff and Karpos."Nothing but death that way men turn around..."He said surprisingly calm. The Titans ran into the nearest cover they could find and tried to collect their thoughts."Oh great leader, do you have any plans?"Asked Karpos."F**k no, do I look like a man with a plan right now I am just trying to not f*****g die!"He shouted."Well then I DO have a plan, there is a HMMVVV just right in front of us, we can high tail the hell out of here."He said pointing at the armored car."Are you crazy!? We have a damn duty to protect this place we can be decommissioned!
"Said Rex.Another explosion was heard closer to their area."At least we will be alive."Said Karpos sternly."...fu-alright, get in the damn car kids!"He said and busted to the vehicle along with his Titans. Karpos took the driver seat, while Rex took the passenger and Scruff got in the gun. The groups speed off, busting through the south gates and made it out of the havoc zone.
They all had a moment of relief once the gun shots where unheard."...Damn...we just left behind Rorick, and Jagvar, that f*****g skunk...whatever his name is...he's a cool guy though."Said Rex as he hung his head."Aint nothing we could've done anyways, at least someone made it out of that forsaken battle alive..."Karpos said."Guys...guys..."Scruff said uneasily."Spit it out Scruff..."Said Rex
"Tank!"He shouted as he turned his gun around firing what he could at it."F**k f**k f**k!"Karpos said as he veered to the right, barely missing one of the tanks sharp blast. Scruff saw that he wasn’t going to do anything to the tank so he took cover in the back. The tank shot again, only this time Karpos couldn't avoid its shot.
Rex eyes opened to a dark night, only illuminated by the flames from the HMMVVV. He was flung out of the vehicle, but yet unscathed. He looked to the right of the vehicle and saw Scruff crawling on the ground in agony."S**t Scruff are you ok?"He said rushing to him."I-I think I broke my leg..."He said. Rex checked both his legs and saw nothing wrong."...I think you are being mellow dramatic..."He said."...Karpos where is Karpos?"He asked. Scruff looked up at him."...I haven't looked."He said. Rex slowly walked to the door and peeked through the window. He saw Karpos, still in the seat. Blood was running down his forehead and stained his fur.
"..Karpos..."He said in a hope that he would respond. He stepped away from the door and feel to his knees."...Soldiers don't cry..."Scruff said seeing he was getting emotional."What kind of soldier doesn’t die with his friend in the trenches...?”


© 2015 LoveSickCrow


Author's Note

LoveSickCrow
Furry content is present

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on February 4, 2015
Last Updated on February 4, 2015
Tags: #furry #war


Author

LoveSickCrow
LoveSickCrow

Little Rock, AR



About
Just a fair warning most of the stories I right will be a furry subject, but it won't be pushed too hard more..

Writing