Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lovely Delights
"

Okay, so this is the begginging of chapter 2! or what i hope for. I am not entirely sure that i am sticking with this one but all the same. enjoy.

"

Crouched down by the muddy bank of the River of Loste I wait soundlessly, the cold slick muck oozing through my bare toes as I shroud myself behind an elm tree bent sideways, overlooking the opaque water of the only river that runs on the east side of the castle. Already having smeared the malodorous grime over the shine of my raven colored curls, I silently begin to unbutton the white chemise clinging wetly to my body. It would be easier if I had the time sufficient to smear my blouse with sludge but they were growing closer and closer by the second. Shivering from the bitter breath of winter upon my naked body, I grab handfuls of mud and pat it over my bare breasts and stomach. Resisting the urge to chatter my teeth, I crouch lower pressing my knees into the icy dank mud as silently as I can.

Lifting my straight sculptured nose to the sky, I inhale deeply, flaring my nostrils -as a wolf would- filling my lungs with the exciting scent of fear and sweat. Heavy mist from upstream was beginning to pour down the mountainside, shielding me further as I await my company. I could hear their nearly silent steps as they surrounded me; closing in tightly as a pack of wyrms [LS1] would close in on their prey before leaping in for the kill. The hunters cling tightly to the trees, pressing their slender bodies into the branches and moss covered trunks to shield themselves from the scattered patches of silver moonlight. I strained my neck from side to side, listening to everything all at once. Hidden behind the loud chirping of the river crickets and the tired beating of the wings of the night owls, you could make out a sound that did not have its place within nature. The slick sound of sharp metal sliding out of its leather sheath. I count the seconds before they attack, mouthing them to myself as I slowly slide my hand down my curvaceous hips and retrieved my three throwing knives hidden beneath the fabric of my soiled leather leggings.

Three… I take a deep calm breath, inhaling evenly through my nose, as I lift my hands up touching the cold metallic blades to my shoulders. Two… I slide my left foot forward; cautiously, trying not to stir the water flies settled peacefully upon the still surface of the dirty water inches in front of me. Exhaling slowly through parted lips, I tighten the muscles of my legs ready to spring. One!

Propelling myself upward, I fling my right hand forward, lancing a blade into the chest piece of one of the soldiers crouched two meters directly in front of me; who instantly crashes backwards into the rank mud with a viscous splash. My left hand simultaneously whips behind me, furrowing a blade into the thigh of a soldier trying to unravel his dagger from his belt loop; then, another into the elbow of a third man pulling his arm back to release an arrow into my back.

A single second of silence follows the sound of metal stabbing into delicate soft flesh before an earsplitting howl fills the air and the two soldiers behind me yowl with pain. I take a deep breath and prepare myself for the onslaught of lust as the delectable aroma of their blood permeates into the air causing seductive shivers to crawl up my spine.


 [LS1]Feline like creatures whose bite is deadly due to the rot inducing saliva that coats their teeth and which they smear onto their paws before they attack. They are large like bears and hunt in packs of four and never less than two. Their skin is scaly and a dark almost black color. They prefer to hunt at night but will come out to feed during the day.



© 2013 Lovely Delights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on May 17, 2013
Last Updated on May 17, 2013


Author

Lovely Delights
Lovely Delights

New Port Richey, FL



About
Hi! my name is Mimi i LOVE to write. i do like fanfic but there is something about creating my own characters that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. more..

Writing
Epilogue Epilogue

A Chapter by Lovely Delights


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lovely Delights