Chapter 6: The Beginning

Chapter 6: The Beginning

A Chapter by Luciole

   School was a bust today. My friends are all in the school’s band; Bobby plays drums, Daniela the flute, and Maria the piano. This week is the yearly band trip so I’m basically alone. I used to play the guitar in band but I haven’t played since a few weeks before The Accident. I haven’t been up to playing it lately, so this year I didn’t join band. The director told me that since I’ve been in band for all of High School, I can join by February and I’d be able to go on the next band trip. It’s only November and the next trip is in May. I don’t see myself joining again though, so I’ll have to get used to being without them I guess.

          With everyone gone, I’m left to walk to and from school. I live about a mile away now but I don’t mind it. It gives me time to clear my mind before starting school. Plus, I refuse to drive. But now, after a lonely day at school, I’m walking home with three textbooks in my hand and regretting my refusal to drive. As I curse myself I hear footsteps behind me. I stop walking and turn around.

          I see nobody there, “Hello?” I call out. No answer.

          I turn and continue walking. I’ve been walking for maybe six minutes. I look around to see the streets that I am near. No one walks around here after school, I think to myself. I hear those footsteps again and quickly turn around with no warning. Blood rushes to my face in anger and embarrassment.

          It’s Nick. “What the hell are you doing Nick!” I yell. The right side of his mouth lifts a little bit and he puts his hands up as if to say, ‘relax, it’s okay’.

          I walk up to him and yell again “Hello?! Why are you doing this to me?”

          “I’m sorry,” he starts, “I honestly didn’t mean to freak you out so much.” He is smiling nervously.

          I seem to have calmed down, “Why do I interest you so much?” I say with a tinge of sass. I’m done with Nick. I really don’t need this.

          “It’s hard to explain�"you just do. Sorry,” he laughs lightly, “I admit, following you like that was a kind of stalkerish thing to do.”

          “Yeah, you think.” I say, slightly amused.

          “Well,” he says, “Would you mind if I just walk with you instead?”

          Of course I mind. But I say, “Fine.”

          When we get to my house he asks me about my family. All I say is I have my parents and my little brother.

          “That’s cool.” He says, seeming to feel uncomfortable.

          Well, I think, he wanted this. So I ask, “And you?” A little bit annoyed I even had to ask.

          �



© 2012 Luciole


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on July 5, 2012
Last Updated on July 5, 2012
Tags: luciole, his eyes, love, loss


Author

Luciole
Luciole

My Imagination , NJ



About
Luciole is a pen name. In French it means "firefly" I'm a 18 year-old girl who loves to write, read, and listen to music. I'm a little bit of a nerd. I like to sing a lot more than I'd care to ad.. more..

Writing
Christina Christina

A Story by Luciole