Aphrodite.

Aphrodite.

A Poem by Luke Cazalet-Smith

Never before had I encountered a being of such flawlessness. For she drifted elegantly through fields ripe with the colour of forgotten love. Cascading them with an infusion of compassion and grace.

Oh, how her hair flowed. As if every, significant strand was forged from the purest of rivers, rooted at the highest of summits. Her skin were that of clouds. Just the mere sight of such a heavenly structure compelled mortal men to fly. But it were not her luscious hair, nor her skin of serenity that captured my focus. It were her eyes. For her eyes alone, filled with crystal lagoons of sapphire, were able to encase my heart and cease my soul.

For she were no ordinary being. She were Beauty. She possessed such qualities, such charisma, only that of Aphrodite could be envious.

© 2015 Luke Cazalet-Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Flawless beauty and grace resides in your writing. Magnifico ~

"nor her skin of serenity. that captured my focus." accidental period after "serenity"

Posted 9 Years Ago


Luke Cazalet-Smith

9 Years Ago

Again, thank you ever so much. And again, thank you for pointing that out; I'll be sure to correct m.. read more
Astrid

9 Years Ago

No problem ~

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 23, 2014
Last Updated on February 7, 2015

Author

Luke Cazalet-Smith
Luke Cazalet-Smith

Gillingham, Kent, United Kingdom



About
I am not a writer. Nor do I claim to be. I am merely a young man with a mind suffused with words, attempting to put them to paper. I hope you enjoy what it is I am fortunate enough to conjure. more..

Writing