Lost.

Lost.

A Poem by Luke Cazalet-Smith

"..For she; she were my Lighthouse. The singular beacon of pure promise that drowned all depths of despair from the hearts of mere mortals. Making sight of sinister shards that perforate the surface, as if they were that of searing steel upon silken skin.

To which I, were nothing more than a crestfallen castaway. Destined to descend into a sea of forsaken souls, accompanied with dreams of damnation. Forever famished; yearning to relish upon her triumphant brilliance. Eternally enchanted upon a path of unadulterated illumination. The sweet endeavour of a discarded soul, sailing ever so softly, attempting to find ones way back home..."

© 2015 Luke Cazalet-Smith


Author's Note

Luke Cazalet-Smith
To be read as if it were a section from a novel; not as poetry from a literal point of view. Regardless of how this piece is read, I wish you find some enjoyment in reading as such.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

471 Views
Added on May 15, 2015
Last Updated on May 15, 2015

Author

Luke Cazalet-Smith
Luke Cazalet-Smith

Gillingham, Kent, United Kingdom



About
I am not a writer. Nor do I claim to be. I am merely a young man with a mind suffused with words, attempting to put them to paper. I hope you enjoy what it is I am fortunate enough to conjure. more..

Writing