Star-fire.

Star-fire.

A Poem by Luke Cazalet-Smith
"

The aperture in my confinement.

"
As I gazed upon the star-fire that burned its way through the aperture in my confinement, I were overcome with an essence of familiarity.
For that isolated effulgence rollicked with a fierce rage which captivated the quintessence of her eyes, as if she were undoubtedly fabricated from that very star-fire.
And it were with this admission, my soul were consumed, and my heart erupted with a formidable fixation of affection.
For it were due to the gratitude of such an ignition, that I were gifted with the tender reminder that shards of unadulterated Beauty remain existent in this vast, pitiless universe.
And that I will endlessly endure as a solitary, anathematised to bare witness to a sight of such rarity.

© 2015 Luke Cazalet-Smith


Author's Note

Luke Cazalet-Smith
This piece heavily links with an earlier piece of mine titled "Confinement.". It may benefit the reader to read that piece prior to this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lovely, such elegant language; quite captivating.

Did you mean to capitalize "Beauty" near the end?

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Luke Cazalet-Smith

9 Years Ago

Thank you for taking the time to read a piece of mine; and for the ever so kind words that followed... read more
Astrid

9 Years Ago

No problem, my pleasure

I see, I sometimes do the same :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 29, 2015
Last Updated on January 29, 2015

Author

Luke Cazalet-Smith
Luke Cazalet-Smith

Gillingham, Kent, United Kingdom



About
I am not a writer. Nor do I claim to be. I am merely a young man with a mind suffused with words, attempting to put them to paper. I hope you enjoy what it is I am fortunate enough to conjure. more..

Writing