Escape from Dark Moon Island

Escape from Dark Moon Island

A Story by Elysa Kristen Lavelle
"

This is just a story for a competition

"

They say there's a place called Dark Moon Island. It's no normal island. It was filled with creatures that looked like humans. People say they were mutant humans but they don’t act like humans so I guess I can’t consider them as humans. They were more like beats. But seriously. Elves? They don't even exist and so does those creatures they said. So of course, I didn't believe in them. Until one day...

 

It was just another ordinary holiday. I didn't have anything to do so I've decided to go for surf. "Mom I'm going out for surf! I'll be back soon!" I shouted as my mom was in the kitchen and I wasn't. "Okay Lisanna! Be careful!" My mom shouted back. I've always loved surfing. I've started surfing ever since I was young. And so I went for surf. The waves were big and that's the way I loved it. But that day, it was a bit too big. The waves got bigger and bigger and as soon as I knew it, the waves went over me and I got washed away!

 

After a few minutes of unconsciousness, I woke up. I found myself lying on land. No ordinary land. It was an island. I stood up and walked around. It was full of trees. I walked for about half an hour but nothing showed up. It was really big. I couldn't see the other end of the island. When suddenly I heard a sound. It was the sound of footsteps. I quickly hid behind some bushes nearby and peeked through it to see who was there. The sound of footsteps got louder as that 'thing' come nearer. Suddenly, a little guy popped up!

 

"Don't worry, I mean no harm. I'm an elf you see, my name is Lexion!" It said to me. It's an elf? I couldn't believe it! And I thought elves weren’t real!

 

I stood up and slowly walk towards the little elf Lexion. I told him everything. My name, my age and also how I got there. He was shocked when he heard what happened and he took my hand and started taking me somewhere. I didn't know where though since I was new to that place much.

 

"So where am I?" I asked curiously. He didn't answer me. I saw a sign just right next to me that says 'Welcome to Dark Moon Island'. I was in Dark Moon Island?! I couldn't believe what I saw since I didn't believe it was even real. There were a lot of people like Timmy so I guess they're all elves. He introduced me to all the elves there and also told them about my problem.

 

Suddenly, I heard some noise. It wasn't elf like. It was more like a monster! The elves got into their houses to hide. I didn't see them as I was facing the other way. The noises got louder and louder as whatever that is was coming. Suddenly, some weird looking creatures ran in! I started running away as they seemed hungry for food. I ran as fast as I could, and behind me, I could hear the creatures, whimpering, snarling, and panting. There was nothing in front of me besides trees and leaves. I glance over my shoulder and I saw one of the creatures so close to me and tried to eat my head off! I made a loud shriek and ran faster.

 

I could see Lexion from far away. I ran towards him and he pulled me away back into the village to hide. I was so freaked out by what happened before, I couldn’t stop panting.

 

“What was that?!” I asked Lexion.

 

“Those are Humots. They live in Dark Moon Island and likes to eat us elves and I bet they like you humans too. You better be careful around here or the next thing you know, you’ll be inside a Humot’s stomach!” Lexion warned me.

 

I suddenly heard a loud bang outside. I peeked through the window and saw the Humots destroying everything!

 

After a while, the Humots went away. It was safe so we all went outside. The village was torn apart! The houses broke and the villagers were injured. Lexion’s house was a bit more into the woods so I guess the Humots didn’t see it.

 

In just a flash of an eye, I became Dark Moon Island’s so called warrior. The village’s blacksmith made me a sharp and long sword. I didn’t think I would become a ‘warrior’ since I was just a girl. I fought some small weird looking creatures first. It’s weird that every creature on Dark Moon Island looked like animals on where we live. For instance, the first ‘creature’ I killed looked just like a puppy.

 

Time flies quickly on Dark Moon Island. Soon, it was already dark. I slept in Lexion’s house as I didn’t have any there. Since he was the only one living in that house, he only has one bedroom so I slept on the sofa as he slept in his room.

 

As time flies, I became more and more powerful and had more confident on defeating the Humots. I also learned more about Dark Moon Island and Humots. Turns out, Dark Moon Island is just like the other dimension of the Earth. It was somewhere below the sea but it wasn’t in the sea. It was just like dry land. And Humots feed on living things, not only elves and humans but also all the other creatures there.

 

Just about two weeks after being at Dark Moon Island, Lexion said I was ready for the Humots. I thought he was ridiculous since I failed on battling some other creatures. I tried to tell him I wasn’t ready but he thought I was. Those nights that I’ve slept through in Lexion’s house, Humots have always been there. But still they didn’t spot Lexion’s house. Some of the villagers had to sleep on the side walk and some of them already caught colds and was terribly sick. Humots didn’t attack the ones those are sick and didn’t have a home. Lexion said Humots just likes to see people suffer and being so sick is already suffering so they didn’t attack.

 

 “If you don’t do it, you won’t get to go back. I’ve found a way to get you back. I’ve been doing my research lately so I know how you can get back from… wherever you’re from.” Lexion said to me. He was threatening me. If I didn’t do it, I won’t be able to get back. And so I went to face the Humots.

 

Lexion brought me to their hideout. It was in somewhere like a cave but it was bigger and it stinks! It smelled like something or someone rot in there! But I just went in. I took small steps at first as I was still scared. I saw some creatures just right outside of the cave.

 

“They’re the guards. They’re a medium level enemy. Not hard but not easy either.” Lexion explained to me.

 

And so I just went for it and sliced them with the sword the blacksmith gave me. After defeating the guards outside, I went into the cave. It was dark and quiet. Suddenly, a Humot rushed towards me and tried to eat me! I quickly stabbed it but I wasn’t sure where I stabbed. As long as it’s down, I can move on.

 

Not long after that, I was battling with the biggest Humot I’ve ever seen! It was huge and scary but I just went for it. Not for the sake of Dark Moon Island actually, but for the sake of going home.

 

I manage to defeat that Humots and also got myself injured. I was bleeding a lot but it was all worth it. My head got wacked and scratched by it but at least I won.

 

“Alright since you helped all of us, I’ll tell you how to get out of here. Look. I found out that there’ll be a big wave every once in a while. It has no special name but it was the biggest wave of all the others. So all you needed to do was to get your surf board and surf on that wave again. I did my research and turns out, there’ll be one just about 1 hour from now.” Lexion explained everything to me.

 

I went back to the place where I first ‘landed’ on Dark Moon Island. It took me up to about half an hour to get there. Luckily, Humots didn’t destroy my surf board. The villagers thanked me before I went back. The same wave flushed me away and again, I lost conscious.

 

After waking up, I found myself back to where I came from. I quickly went home and told my mom all about how I escaped from Dark Moon Island.

© 2014 Elysa Kristen Lavelle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

557 Views
Added on March 17, 2014
Last Updated on March 27, 2014

Author

Elysa Kristen Lavelle
Elysa Kristen Lavelle

Christian, Malaysia



About
Writing has been my hobby ever since I was in kindergarten. My parents, teachers and friends supported me every time I join a writing competition. I love making friends with everyone and meeting new p.. more..

Writing