Driving Into Death's Embrace (Pt 2)

Driving Into Death's Embrace (Pt 2)

A Poem by Lunare
"

A continuation of my Into Death's Embrace series. As the tale progresses the protagonist loses more and more of his sanity to his depression.

"

Driving

Jumping from a cliff and into the sea,
Isn’t the way death is meant for me.
Mayhap driving a car into a tree just as she will finally sate my thought of thee.
That must be the way my death is meant to be.
 
Why did you leave me? I must implore.
Why did you flee me? To settle an unknown score?
Did you love me near the end? Or was anger resonating still from your core?
I am afraid my will, will not bend, until I am dead or discover what I implore.
That night we had fought, afterwards to clear her head was what she sought.
I let her leave without a fight, expecting to see her later that night.
 
I would die just as she, at last to sate my thoughts of thee.
I sat idly on the road where she died; I began my sojourn, into my fate I collide.
The world swirls around me, in a blur, but everywhere I look I simply see her.
My car has finally reached its max, now the time has come for its final task.
A few moments more and I will be, one with her in death by this tree.
Oh my love, my world, my life that I now take to end my inner strife.
 
I am thrown forward violently, and your face has become that of a tree.
I am moving through the glass, which shatters in pieces like the life I’ve amassed.
The glass cuts through my skin and veins, I wonder if you felt the same pain?
This pain is nothing! Nothing at all! Minuscule, indeed to that you have caused.
The snap of bone fills my head, and in the next instant I am glad to be dead.
all thoughts of yore stopped in a moment, peace overwhelmed me-Nevermore.

© 2009 Lunare


Author's Note

Lunare
If you have any critque please let me know!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aw, I feel the loss and depression when reading this. So sad, yet so beautiful. You have a way with rhyming, everything fits in perfectly, never forced.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 11, 2009
Last Updated on February 11, 2009

Author

Lunare
Lunare

Ottawa, OH



About
I am 17 years old and live in Ottawa, OH. This is a small town setting and most people here are small-minded. I am a free-thinking individual, mostly because of my passion for writing and whatnot. .. more..

Writing