Hanging Into Death's Embrace (Pt 4)

Hanging Into Death's Embrace (Pt 4)

A Poem by Lunare
"

Part 4 of my Into Death's Embrace Series. I am not a terribly depressed person but sometimes I am. I'd describe me as a morbid writer but otherwise self-conscious. I understand suicide is all. This is such a case.

"

Hanging

 
A man is a man, that I am surely no more.
I just want to end this pain, but alas I am still too sane.
What I were to die by noose?   Would that finally shake my sanity loose?
There’s no hope for me alone, without my love and child at home…
 
I wonder how long before someone sees, what horrid fate hath befallen me?
Days? Weeks? Perhaps even months? Before my parents discover the fate of their son?
If only I wouldn’t have to think of you, I could live on in this world: anew.
Never will that happen I’m afraid, so today must be my judgment day.
The end of the world, as I know it is here, no longer the end, do I have to fear.
The noose is set upon the beam, it is smiling eerily at me, or so it seems.
 
The question at hand racks my brain, against that slim barrier that keeps me sane.
Do you love me? Answer me this! Save me from this fiery abyss!
My love…my…life…I’m here. Did you love me as your end grew near?
You were furious at the time of your death, and with that knowledge nothing is left.
The pain inside, knowing you hated me, pains me more than losing thee.
If you died and the last thing you expressed was love, it would be life I am thinking of.
 
Enough. No more. The noose is taut around my neck, and the table is sturdy on the floor.
I am shaking, my heart is racing, it is now death that I am facing.
I close my eyes, kick the table from under my feet and prepare to die.
Hanging there, I panic shortly, my purpose remembered, I stay still, dying surely.
Now I will go to find thee, and to really find out if she loved me.
all thoughts of yore stopped in a moment, peace overwhelmed me-Nevermore.

© 2009 Lunare


Author's Note

Lunare
I think they get better as they go on. As my experience grows.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is such a super piece hauntingly written with character and easily to understand even thought the topic is complex.. well done with this hanging :) may many more come.. I mean stories not hangings, oh you know what I mean. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 11, 2009

Author

Lunare
Lunare

Ottawa, OH



About
I am 17 years old and live in Ottawa, OH. This is a small town setting and most people here are small-minded. I am a free-thinking individual, mostly because of my passion for writing and whatnot. .. more..

Writing