Broken

Broken

A Poem by Lykos

It started with a glance, this feeling I got when I first looked at you,
Then I sat beside you and watched your mouth as your lips started to move and words came out.
It was strange, it was unknown to me, I couldn’t explain it.
I can barely describe how to put it into words,
It was like a ball of happy energy that grew inside me.
I had never felt it before.
I liked this feeling. I hoped it would never end.
Every time I saw your face,
my heart started beating like a fist was squeezing it rapidly.
We talked for days in every way we could communicate.
You became the person I wanted to tell how my day had gone.
The conversation never grew dull,
always new, exciting and funny stories to tell each other.
I tried resisting,
but I couldn’t stop myself from liking you.
With every breath you took to tell me something, my feelings for you grew.
Never did I think I could find a person that I had so many things in common with.
Your likes, personality and sense of humour all alike to mine.
I knew from this it would be hard to find another like you. I wanted you to stay with me,

But I should have known not to have got sucked in,
Not to have taken my feeling out of the cage I had locked them in for so many years.
The same feeling I had said I would never feel, came back again.
A feeling of pain, but not a pain that shows on the outside, a pain deep within the mind.
A pain that doesn’t fade after a few days, it lingers on and when your face comes to mind it grows again.
I use my music to drown out the thoughts, it helps for a while.
Only for me to put a song on that reminds me of you,
A song that we had listened to together,
a song that you had sent me.
The thought of you rips the wound open again.
There’s too much of this pain,
this unknown feeling I can’t handle it.
I wish the only word that we had said to each other was hello and goodbye.
But that would have been too easy.
I now know when people say to me when they miss someone that has gone,
That feeling of something missing, something that has been lost to the chapters of time.
Now I try to instead think of the happiness that we shared together.
These are the pieces that I shall keep now and throw the bad thoughts out into the darkness
And hope that they will be lost forever.

© 2017 Lykos


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautifully haunting poem! Thank you for submitting for all about love contest!

Posted 6 Years Ago


I may be late in saying so, but this is really good. I'm usually really picky when I do reviews, but I couldn't find anything to say. I wasn't going to review at all but I thought I might as well. I liked how it didn't rhyme as much as some of your other works, and even though it didn't, it still flowed like a good poem should. I like how there are two parts; a somewhat cute and upbeat part and then a more sentimental and emotional part. I can't say I can relate, but it still made me feel, so good job. I apologize for the uselessness of this review, but I honestly couldn't find anything to critique on.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lykos

7 Years Ago

I wrote this years ago, this was my second poem. I know how you feel, I'm Crap for reviews. Never kn.. read more
Cœur

7 Years Ago

My pleasure
I can relate so much to this. I love reading things that really make me feel, and I can honestly say that this did.

Posted 7 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 15, 2017
Last Updated on May 1, 2017

Author

Lykos
Lykos

Munster , Ireland



About
Imagination is more important than knowledge, knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. A writer is a world trapped in a person. "If you would not be forgotten, As soon as you are d.. more..

Writing
It's lost It's lost

A Poem by Lykos


Faded away Faded away

A Poem by Lykos