A SEA OF TRANQUILITY

A SEA OF TRANQUILITY

A Story by LynnPenCakes
"

Enjoy a cool, refreshing drink of the Living Water...

"
 
 
A SEA OF TRANQUILITY


Upon a sea as smooth as glass I find my ship floating free at last.
The ripples caused by it's water break brings wells of foam and clear green waves.
The waves they lap upon the bank and fill the air with soft refrain.
Their fragrance is crisp and clean and brings to thought such beautiful things.

I rejoice, I praise, I sing, I shout, for my Lord is so good to me round about.
As I look and behold the beauty is vast, as I count all my blessings I can see at last.

The sea of water, beautifully green, so still, so calm and so siren.  You could peer deep within but all you would see was reflection made more beautifully.

It was within this body of water you see, to portray your life as Christ would be.  This water thought magical by many about, but rather known for it's truth would vanquish all doubt.

"This water", said Christ one day at a well, "will keep you from thirst while casting no spell.  This water I say, comes from within a great sea, a water from Heaven, a water from Me."

Many marveled that day and came out to see, this man, this one, who spoke candidly.  They wondered, they asked, they longed and they sought.  They followed at last and sojourned at His cross.

They were the one's known as... 'without', in fact not found on His list, as they ambled about.

But faith and belief when nurtured will grow and spread far, spread fast while keeping check in tow.

They desired with their hearts to make Him their abode, and love brought Him close for those to behold.

They walk now quite differently, they walk with intent, to spread joyful cheer and tell of one spent.

They look earnestly though, knowing one day soon, this man called Son Of Man... would return for them too.


Devotional:

John 4

When Jesus sat exhausted at Jacob's well in the land of Samaria we read a woman came out to draw water for herself.  He asked drink of her which startled her as Jews and Samaritans had no dealings one with another.
Jesus being moved with compassion now offered of His blessings to her.  She was taken back by His desire to engage one like herself in conversation and proceeded carefully when He revealed the very memories etched within her own heart.  With exuberant joy she went running back home, telling all that she'd see of the man at the well "that told me all I ever did".
Through one person touched by Jesus, a multitude were witnessed to and brought into the family of God.  How much more today just one person can affect a world dying and going to hell.  Our venues are increased and vastly out weigh word of mouth..
A lesson learned here would be to weigh carefully the words of our mouth... for from our hearts they flow... Fill up then on His word, be ready always to speak a word in season and out of season to anyone who would ask of the hope they "see" residing in each of us.

Prayer:

Father God,
May we be good stewards of your word, listening and doing all we have heard while bent on our knees in deep prayer with Thee.
Make our lives a living testimony to Your Love, Your Grace and Your Mercy, showered into our hearts from Your Throne above.
May we reach out through your love, to all we see, earnestly sharing our Hope of the Sea...
Amen

                

         © Copyright 2008 LynnPenCakes (UN: lynntarzan at Writing.Com).          All rights reserved.         
LynnPenCakes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.

© 2008 LynnPenCakes


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on June 9, 2008

Author

LynnPenCakes
LynnPenCakes

Hill Country of Texas, TX



About
I am here to practice and improve upon the skill of writing. I like to think that what ends up as words within a story or poem originated deep within my heart as a message that brings comfort, joy or.. more..

Writing