Haunted Chapter 1

Haunted Chapter 1

A Chapter by M.C.Britz

I looked down the hallway to see if there was anyone around who could have possibly put this here. No one. The hallway was silent and empty. 


My attention drifted back to the box. I carefully leaned down and picked it up and examined it even more. Something felt strange. I couldn't put my finger on it but who would send me a gift? I have no friends or any romantic interests. I walk back into my dorm room and close the door behind me, locking it. I quickly walk over to my bed, placing the box down and sitting next to it, crossing my legs and just staring at the box for a minute or two. 


I finally decide to ignore my gut and check out what is inside the mysterious box. I reach out and grab the box, dragging it towards myself. 'Should I do this?' I thought to myself. I shook my head and started undoing the beautiful red, ribbon bow that was preventing me from opening the box. I pulled out the ribbon from under the box and place it next to the box. 


My nerves sky rocketed, knowing now I could freely open the box without anything getting in the way other then my nerves. I slowly lifted the lid, hands on the ends of the lid. The smell of dying flowers filled the room as soon as I moved the lid slightly. Opening it to reveal a bouquet of dead flowers in a red and pink wrap with gold ribbon holding it together. There was a little folded card, held by the corner under the ribbon. I carefully pick it up and open it. 


"Dear My Lily...your so beautiful...just like these flowers"


"What...what is this?" I look at the note and then back at the flowers, confused. I examined the inside of the box and around the note to see if it had the senders name or a return address, something. But there was nothing. I stare at the flowers then look at the pile of unread letters. "Could they be.." I said to myself before getting up and walking over to the pile. It looked like there was only my name on the front of the envelopes. Same as the flowers, no return address or name of sender. I slowly pick one up, the envelope was cold. It's been sitting there for a while. I turn it around and rip it open. It contained multiple papers with typed writing on it. 


"Dear Beautiful Lily. You were in the library today studying for your Lit exam..your face is so beautiful when your studying...your eyes fixed on the words of Shakespeare's work, hamlet. I remember when you recited his famous words in your class, in front of everyone in the auditorium. Your voice is so beautiful...I want to hear you say my name over and over again and have those eyes study and examine me.." 


I couldn't read anymore. Chills ran down my spine as I read and the scared and uneasy feeling set in. 'I need to throw these out' I thought to myself and grabbed all of the letters. I placed them roughly in the box of flowers and forced the lid back on. I wrapped the over filled box with the ribbon to keep it closed.

I stood back from the bed and box, placing my hands over my mouth. My hands slowly glided up over my face to the sides of my head, fingers entangled in my hair. 

I take a few deep breathes before grabbing the box. I rush to the door and down to the dorm industrial bin.


My breathe was heavy from running down 4 flights of stairs. I could see my breathe in the air as I chucked the box over the edge and into the bin. As I do so I look around to make sure no one was watching me.


Now I'm a paranoid girl as is, so my paranoia was rising fast. No one was walking around the campus at this time of night. I take one big breathe then turn and speed walking to the dorm entrance. My heart raced as I rushed back up to my room, trying to be quiet but quick. My breathe fell heavy as I finally reached my destination. I may be a small girl but running, let alone running up stairs doesn't work out well for me. 


Once I got into my room I made sure my door was locked and had the security chain on it. I was on the top floor of the building, I know someone wouldn't be able to get to my window but I made sure it was locked anyway. Closing the blinds, I sighed of relief. 

"That was so weird.." I said quietly to myself before lazily dragging my feet to my bed. I body slam down onto the bed, my head landing on my big fluffy pillow. 

"I can't wait til I can move out of the dorms and into a sorority with my own room, I can design it and make it my own." I say to myself while turning around and staring at the ceiling of my room. 


My body was exhausted. I could feel my limbs becoming heavy, as well as my eyelids. My mouth slowly opened up and let out a big yawn, forcing my eyes shut. I felt myself drifting off into dreamland. 


Hopefully everything will go back to normal tomorrow.



© 2017 M.C.Britz


Author's Note

M.C.Britz
Please note that this was originally written on a mobile phone, so if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes. Forgive me and I will get to it as soon as possible.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Followed on from the introduction really nicely. It felt like the beginning of one of those movies, and had the feeling that something bad was going to happen next. You could almost hear the eerie tune in the background as she opened up the box and then the shock in her face as she found out what was inside it. What I particulary like about is that it leaves the reader wanting to know more about the girls history and why this stalker/weirdo is doing this to her. Even though the descriptions were short, it was a solid piece nonetheless and certainly held my attention to the end. You end it with her lying in hope - hope that things will get better - its clear this is going one way and I for one look forward to reading more.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Followed on from the introduction really nicely. It felt like the beginning of one of those movies, and had the feeling that something bad was going to happen next. You could almost hear the eerie tune in the background as she opened up the box and then the shock in her face as she found out what was inside it. What I particulary like about is that it leaves the reader wanting to know more about the girls history and why this stalker/weirdo is doing this to her. Even though the descriptions were short, it was a solid piece nonetheless and certainly held my attention to the end. You end it with her lying in hope - hope that things will get better - its clear this is going one way and I for one look forward to reading more.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Free author website
Try us! FREE..Before you spend $1000s of dollars, spend 10 hours tinkering on Wordpress, or pay $20 a month for hosting.

Stats

131 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 19, 2017
Last Updated on April 19, 2017


Author

M.C.Britz
M.C.Britz

Australia



About
Hello everyone. I go by DaizyPanda or Rainy Days (most covers will be of DaizyPanda) I write a variety of different genres. Horror-Romance, Sci-Fi - Dystopian. Fantasy - Crime and Mature themes. My .. more..

Writing