Preamble

Preamble

A Chapter by Maria Lopes

Just a few inches behind… Two more steps and he’ll catch me.  I can’t trip, I have to run, but I can’t hold much longer… If he catches me now, I will break… Stop running, please stop running! -  I beg him in my mind as he approaches " Isn't enough what you have done already?

My legs give in and I fall trying to use my hands to support my weight… I am trying to get up now, but it is useless and he laughs as he pull my wrist and drags me to the cage… My mind is telling me to fight, but my body doesn't respond… Is it dead?

He kisses my lips and he does it all over  again. I will give anything I have for him to stop…

The blood spreads and I’m drowning in it... - so I guess it isn't dead after all… how I wish it was -  It hurts so much and I fight to scream - so hopeless - what only makes him laugh harder. He starts putting pins under my finger nails and as he’s looking into my face he knows that I am suffering…  All of my muscles are stiff, twitching inside the chains, pleading for the pain to stop. With the knife in his hand, he starts cutting my hair, piece to piece to piece to piece, and the tears run in my face as he sings a slow lullaby " he is only starting…  He reaches for a candle, lights it up, and turns it above my naked body, letting the wax pour and burn the cuts he has already done… He stops to observe is work… Does it feel right to him? Do I actually deserve it? Why is he hurting me? I start doubting myself… It gets in my body, burning it inside and the rhythm of my heart, which was fast and furious starts slowing down as the ache starts to vanish…

My body relaxes and a smile spreads in my mouth… Finally, death is coming… I forget that he is torturing me, now it doesn't really matter… The table seems soft, the chains seem loose and I am comfortable… I am going to a better place, I hope, so I whisper goodbye and fall asleep praying that I will never wake up again…



© 2013 Maria Lopes


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is just the right amount of dark to sit at a house alone after all the work is done and unwind. Great work, it is just the right amount of stressful to read. I can't wait to see more. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Wow, i'm definitely looking forward to more, if you're still around WC! I'm looking forward to reading about the librarian.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That is so great. I can't wait to read more!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh my goodness, that was kind of intense. It was good writing but I wasn't really comfortable reading it. You built good suspense though, I was so happy when she died. What a jerk I would kill that guy if he were real...All well.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 19, 2013
Last Updated on August 19, 2013


Author

Maria Lopes
Maria Lopes

Portugal



About
I'm Portuguese but I write in English. I'm 18 and not a good writer. At all. I just write stuff and forget about it. Read on and tell me what you think more..

Writing
Tortured Tortured

A Book by Maria Lopes



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Doibugu