Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Caution In Flames
"

Written from Jacob's point of view.

"
RECAP:
Renesmee "Nessie" Carlie Cullen- daughter of Edward and Bella Cullen, imprinted on by Jacob Black, half human half vampire, only a few months old but looks the size of a eight/nine year old.
Jacob Black- Son of Billy Black, werewolf, around sixteen/seventeen.
Edward Mason Cullen- Vampire, married to Bella Cullen, father of Renesmee, can read minds.
Bella Marie Cullen- Married to Edward, mother of Renesmee, vampire, shield.
Charlie Swan- Human, Bella's father.
Alice Cullen- Edward's adopted sister, vampire, can see future. 
Jasper Hale- boyfriend of Alice, can control emotions, vampire
Rosalie Hale- Edward's adopted sister, girlfriend of Emmett, vampire.
Emmett Cullen- Edward's brother vampire.
Esme & Carlisle Cullen- adopted parents of Emmett, Alice, Edward, Rosalie, and Jasper, married, vampires. 
The Volturi- vampire council
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

C H A P T E R  O N E



"Just wondering," I mused, "but what are the odds that the little demon will be waking up in the near future, Alice?" I looked over at the smallest bloodsucker in Bella's living room. Edward gritted his teeth as I mentioned his daughter. I just loved that, making him mad. 
"How difficult can it possibly be to control your putrid thoughts, Jacob?" He spit through his teeth. I just smiled at him, ignoring the fact that is freaky yellow eyes were penetrating deep into mine.
Hey leech? I thought out to him.
"Yes?" He answered, still talking through his teeth. 
I'm gonna marry with your daughter someday. Just saying, bro.
Edward didn't respond, his head probably too filled with utter disgust to. He just looked to Alice and asked when Nessie will wake up. 
Alice's eyes shaded for a split second then looked over to me and said nonchalantly, "Just a few minutes."
We were all lounging in Edward and Bella's living room- Edward, Alice, Jasper, and Seth- while Rosalie, Emmett, Carlisle, Esme, and Bella went out to hunt. Edward sat uncomfortably on the tan colored couch, Alice perched on the ground below, hands tangled with Jasper's, while Seth and I kicked back in the two burgundy recliners on the other side of the room. It was a tense standoff, although during the events in the past six months, you'd think that the bloodsuckers would forget the werewolf-slash-vampire prejudices, but it seemed as though it'd be awhile. 
I'd been hanging out around the Cullen's for the past three months or so after I imprinted on their newest addition to the family- Renesmee. 
Sometimes, it dawns on me, that maybe I wasn't in love with Bella after all- I was in love with the child she was carrying. Because now, nothing about her draws me in anymore- at least not romantically. She's still my Bella, just now, she's a mom and a wife. Funny how that all happened within a single year, right? 
"She's awake, she's awake!" Alice chanted while Jasper stiffened. Right, the bloodsucker can't control himself around my little girl.
"Jacob," Edward hissed, his eyes burning into my retinas, "She isn't your anything, mongrel." 
I snickered, standing up to go and retrieve her from her bedroom. 
I walked down the long hallway, quickening my pace in a sudden strong desire- no, more of a need- to see her this cold March morning. 
"Jake!" She exclaimed, happy to see me. I pulled her up to my face with ease, planting a kiss on her forehead. 
"Hey, Nessie." I smiled as a warmth spread through me. I felt bad for giving Quil a hard time when he imprinted, now that I feel the same towards Renesmee. 
Someone cleared their throat behind me, and I put Nessie down, turning to face Edward. 
"If it isn't too much to ask, Jacob," He said apprehensively, "I'd like to see my daughter." 
I internally groaned, then stepped out of the room. 
A few moments later, Edward emerged, holding the small and delicate hand of Renesmee. 
I turned and walked into their kitchen- which was only for the convenience of both Nessie and I- and opened their refrigerator with unnecessary roughness. It was a product of my frustration- I hated when someone interrupted Ness and I's time together. 
I took out two cheese sticks, then shut it. I turned to throw one to Nessie when Bella walked through the door. 
"Hey Bells," I enthused, "Have fun?" I smirked. 
Bella rolled her eyes and smiled crookedly, pulling Nessie in for a hug, "Hey honey," She was very careful to hug her, given that her daughter was half-human. 
"Mommy!" Nessie reached up to press her hand to Bella's cheek and tell her all about her weekend while she was gone.
"She's been wonderful as usual," Edward grinned and walked over to kiss Bella briefly, aware of the crowd in the room, "But she'd like to ask you something." He stepped away, nodding at Nessie. 
"Mommy, I want to know if I can go hunting with you and Daddy, maybe?" She asked uncertainly in a small, delicate voice that normally would have warmed my entire being if the scene hadn't been ruined by the awful stench of vampires. 
"Uh," Bella stammered, while I chuckled. 
Her gaze locked into mine and she pursed her lips, "Do you want her to taking a huge elk head on, Jake?" 
I pursed my lips also. 
"Exactly," She looked back down to Renesmee, "Um, why don't your father and I discuss it first, okay? We only want you to be safe." 
Edward shifted his weight from one foot to the other. 
Alice broke the uncomfortable silence by standing up and clearing her throat. 
"Bella, Edward- can I speak to you for a moment?" Her face was entirely frozen, "You may want to take Renesmee out of the room for this."
Edward stopped breathing as he read Alice's mind, and here I was standing in their kitchen holding two cheese sticks idly.
"Is it definite?" He asked frantically.
"Is what definite?" Bella asked in the same panicked tone as Edward. 
Alice reached down and covered Nessie's ears as the whispered the news. 
I dropped the food. I went entirely and completely numb. My eyes stayed focused on Renesmee's. I can't lose her. No. 
Bella ordered through her teeth, "Jacob, get Renesmee out of here. Get her safe."
Edward and Bella alike had stopped breathing, though Bella's nervous tone put me on edge. 
I nodded swiftly, walking out of the kitchen and taking Nessie's hand in mine. 
I wanted to tell her it would be okay, but I didn't think I had the strength to say anything anymore without bursting in a full-fledged bawl. 


© 2013 Caution In Flames


Author's Note

Caution In Flames
Twilight copyrights belong to Stephenie Meyer and Lionsgate Entertainment.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on February 4, 2013
Last Updated on February 4, 2013


Author

Caution In Flames
Caution In Flames

Sacramento, Calfornia



About
Time has brought your love to me, and here I will cherish the precious moments that your warm existence will bring for the millenniums ahead, for just simply you and I, my dear. more..

Writing