The Cat Sat on the Mat

The Cat Sat on the Mat

A Story by Sokol Hardlicki

The cat sat on the mat. Smoking a hookah, he puffed great grey circles up into the air where they hit the ceiling before expiring into the air. This orange tabby cat had no care in the world as he sat in the living room.

The great expanse of land was around him. Time slowing and colours changing from red to blue to purple, over and over again. This could have given anybody a seizure but not this tabby cat, who had no care in the world apart from smoking some herb.

He lay on the mat as time went by till the smoke encapsulated the room in its thick twisting smog of nausea. Soon this tabby cat was breathing hoarsely as oxygen was pushed out of the room by the smog to assert its own reign.

The tabby cat passed out as a cold turkey as walls cracked around him, it would soon crash on top of him if it wasn't for the tabby cat rising up through the ceiling into an empty bedroom. He kept rising up further through the roof of the quiet suburban house.

Eventually, the tabby cat rose into the heavens, landing on soft clouds as a ground and staring up into ocean sky. An angel stood guard with a spear near the entrance, he took notice of the tabby cat and went over to it.

It isn’t your time yet” as he finished he snapped his fingers, a square shape disappeared underneath the tabby cat. He tried to grab the edges but fell before he could.

The tabby cat fell in limbo with the encroaching darkness all around him, trying to take him into the gloom with it to feast on him.


*


Sometime later, the tabby cat found himself back on his mat. He got up, grabbed his hookah and went to the kitchen. It was dirty as if no one cleaned it in a month. Flies flew around the rotten sink, its filthy plates growing a layer of fungus.

He opened the broken door, throwing the hookah into the open bin with its spicy magical herb. No more otherworldly trips for this tabby cat it seems, but for how long.

© 2020 Sokol Hardlicki


Author's Note

Sokol Hardlicki
I don't even know what I wrote here, hope you enjoy the story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
This is like big opium smoke . No matter what's happening there is no need to understand . No judging is involved. Just great imagination and everything real can became very abstractive. I wonder after which influence you wrote this. It's have certain magic. I like the form cause it's give me endless feeling of endless mind.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
1 Review
Added on May 26, 2020
Last Updated on May 26, 2020
Tags: Cat