Prologue. Failure.

Prologue. Failure.

A Chapter by Makenna

Matthias
Everywhere in the world, there are people who are hurt, or angry, or sad, or in need of help. You don't always see them--not until it's too late. It could be that kid across the street. It could be the person whose locker is next to yours. Or who sits behind you in your homeroom. It could be the pretty cheerleader, or the quarterback. Or, heck, maybe it’s even you.


The point is, lots of people in the world need help, but they don't know how to speak up and ask for it. They don't want to bother you, don't want to be a burden or an inconvenience. They stay silent, and then believe they are unheard because they’ve forgotten how to use their voices.


And then, you get people like me. See, when I turned sixteen, I was given an assignment by the Senior Guardians (more on that later). This assignment is that they found one person in the world for me to protect: from herself, from other people, and from darker forces out there: the Dark magic, the Warriors, and above all else Queen Mallory, ruler of all the Dark races.

My name is Matthias. Call me Matt. I'm a Guardian.

I can imagine what you're probably thinking: "Okaayyyy, so what is a Guardian?" To put it simply, we are the ones who fight against the Dark races. Many people have Guardians. You probably do. You just don't know it. We don't make ourselves known to civilians unless we believe it will allow us to protect our charge better.

Next thing I'm guessing you want to know: Why am I telling you all this, if I'm not supposed to make myself known to civilians?

Because I failed in my assignment. My charge died, and because of that Queen Mallory is going to rise, and soon. I'm telling you this so you'll have a fighting chance when she comes after you. I don't have much time left. I’ve been wounded. I’m probably going to die soon.

But I have just enough time to tell you my story. Listen closely--arm yourself with all the information I can give you, and then get out. Take your friends, your family, everyone--if you love them, then take them and run. Don't bother with packing; just run, before she comes for you. It's your only chance.

Good luck. You’re going to need it. I'm so sorry.


© 2013 Makenna


Author's Note

Makenna
Soooooo. Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Drop me a note in the reviews!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on November 5, 2013
Last Updated on November 27, 2013


Author

Makenna
Makenna

About
You don't need to know, but if you really want to--I like to write. I get ideas sometimes, they might be brilliant or they might suck. I think language is a way to create. Bring someone to a new world.. more..

Writing
Perspective Perspective

A Poem by Makenna


Depression Depression

A Poem by Makenna


Because Because

A Poem by Makenna