The British Isles

The British Isles

A Poem by Just Manoosh
"

Written pre deletion. day. August 2007. Island unliving!

"

The British Isles

A nucleus of solitary confinement,
the stoney walls of living,
or is it living?
Question, don't question,
ask but do not ask,
answers left unsaid.
Seas that rage, skys that burn,
a future full of fear,
remove thy footprint.
Tormented, this bubble is a lie,
a paradox of creation,
it never ends. 

© 2008 Just Manoosh


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

your are so right it never does end. Great Poem Sorry it took so long for me to get to this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Well, I hope it doesn't. Very well crafted here. The message you were delivering was very welcoming. I enjoyed this confidently constructed poetic depiction of a nature so misunderstood. I like your idea.



Posted 16 Years Ago


I feel there is more to this piece, that there are questions that are just scratching the surface.

Question, don't question,
ask but do not ask,
answers left unsaid.

Makes me think a bit here, I feel more emotion and maybe some anger here? I am not sure. It has a lonely feel to it. I do like the poem and you have me thinking.
Great write hun
kates
xoxo


Posted 16 Years Ago


An interesting poem. I do feel that the title bends us towards aligning the content with the UK. And yet almost any location (especially western and developed) could be attached to the poem and its contents would not be out of place. The descriptions are timeless and elusive, almost verging on the vague. This could be aligned with movies, with big cities, jobs and so on.
"remove thy footprint" could be a reference to Britain's colonial past.
"This bubble is a lie" could be about our self-regarded civility and achievements...or about the safeness and permanancy of our developments in this modern world.
Overall though i would say it is about environmental doom... removing a carbon footprint, the future of doom etc... Yes, all is possible and the worst offenders are doing too little. But, one study believes that Britain's position in the world geographically could save it from the worst excesses of an evironmental meltdown/big freeze/super flood.
Nice poem.

Posted 16 Years Ago


this is lovely
thats all i can say really
i really liked this read

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think I understand what you are saying. It's a world out there put for us to live, but don't question it, or one will be consumed. Each line with great imagery. :D --mishel

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well, there are so many of us we keep bumping into each other and saying 'Sorry, Sri...Soreeeee, SORRY?' a sorry comment I know. still i like the last two lines very much and found myself traving the outline of the island looking for the end and you are right, it just goes on and on and on......match of the day...coronation stree...the f'ing archers.......the cricket season.........xmas cards in August...motorway service stations.........i wish oh how i wish some of those things would have the decency to end. can you imagine being in the old folks home in 70 years and the Archers is STILL on at 10 on sunday morning?

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It reminds me of the movie The Island. Everybody there ws a clone to be scavanged for body parts. Yet the clones where told that it was a perfect utopia for them and they belived everything. It also sounds like emotional peril. I like that. In short...GET OFF THE ISLAND!! FOR GODS SAKE GET OFF THE ISLAND!!
I keed. Way cool write Manoosh. I like the tone of it.


Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A great write~ so nicely penned~Fran Marie

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I thought it was lovely, a beautiful Poem Manoosh!

Question, don't question,
ask but do not ask,
answers left unsaid.

I LOVED this, it was fantastic, my favourite part! xxx

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2008
Last Updated on February 6, 2008

Author

Just Manoosh
Just Manoosh

Wonderland, South East England., United Kingdom



About
Music Playlist at MixPod.com Outside the Cafe Esperanza e inspiraci�n (Hope and Inspiration) Everyday without exception I shed silent tears. Just ask me, I won't bite. N.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Isolato Isolato

A Poem by Just Manoosh