Shadow Widow

Shadow Widow

A Poem by Just Manoosh
"

A shadow is a region of darkness where light is blocked. Look for the light and you will find a shadow for one can not exist without the other.

"

Shadow Widow

 

The sun warms a cold body,

Pray tell me, at what price?

Her rays court the silhouettes,

They dance, oh how they dance.

 

The brightest day contains a hollow,

Do you see the partner of daytime darkness?

How incomplete one without the other,

Beautiful days hold very long shadows.

 

The lustre of life burns so brightly,

Witness the dark cut through the light,

A devils marriage to the end of time,

For the largest smile is black in pallor.

 

 

© 2008 Just Manoosh


Author's Note

Just Manoosh
Unsure of this one, I trying to say something that just wont come out.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not sure, but I know the feeling. Nice write. Debileah

Posted 16 Years Ago


This has some real promise, but I would like to see some movement within it. A revealing, or a progression that takes me from point A to point B.



Posted 16 Years Ago


Sometimes we forget to admire the beauty of darkness. We should learn to appreciate the dualities of life. You have to have a little darkness to truly value the light. Interconnected in a cycle that repeats day after day. The cycle is beautiful, too.

Posted 16 Years Ago


In some ways, I knew exactly what this was about, yet at the same time, I had no idea. However, as I've said exhaustively, MANY times I have no idea what poetry is talking about, so it's not your writing (I don't believe) that is confusing...

I loved this. I loved the contradictions of light and dark, and just the whole somewhat sad, eerie feeling coupled with the incongruence of light and hopefulness....really enjoyed it. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


I like the way you've married light and dark together in this.

"A devils marriage to the end of time,
For the largest smile is black in pallor."

Excellent view of shadows, as you'll never not have one tagging along... I'm looking at mine, looking back at me right now... handsome devil he is.

Posted 16 Years Ago


i like it is dark yet light. and the meaning behide it is true.

Posted 16 Years Ago


i could have said nice and then passed the buck...but, i can't. it is an important work. need a reread .the words and feeling is just mingled with the existence of manoosh.the result we are seeing here is quite breath taking.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I think it came out. No silver lining without the cloud. Yin and yang. Polarity of everything. This piece seems daring...maybe it was your unsureness that makes it so..I don't know. But it's enticing, I wasn't wrong to use that word before I even arrived here...
The first stanza blows me away. It's completely harsh, then immediately lyrical. A lovely quality in this.
The second stanza is no lesser thing. "The brightest day contains a hollow" is only part of the sentence, but it does stand on its own and it screams. It screams....almost.. HYPOCRACY!!! Which I'd agree on, though that just came in for me, not sure you meant it that way. Most likely not, as it is only half of the sentence! "do you see it"? Does everyone? Does anyone? Is it just us that is so akin to the polarities? Excellent question, gah, been calling it a sentence all along! Sorry, no tea today, still half asleep.
The next half of that stanza says almost the same thing only in quite a different way. It's like looking at the same thing from a completely different perspective. Only not. lol "Beautiful days hold very long shadows" it's lyrical, it's poetic, it's a light way to speak of the darkness.
The third stanza....oh, the third stanza. Now you are forcing all to see, no more wondering if anyone notices, you're pushing it in our faces and no longer should we sit and ponder or muse, we should accept this as truth, right now!! "A devils marriage till the end of time" conjures up so much for me. It's stunning imagery but a deeper truth. "For the largest smile is in black pallor" hits home hard. This is literary genius if you ask me. They say the smarter man is one who can say the same thing in several different ways, so all can hear. I think you are better than the average smart man!! Well done! With bravery, the truth comes out. ouch.
Now, let me remember the title Shadow Widow.....are you without now???????

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 18, 2008
Last Updated on February 18, 2008

Author

Just Manoosh
Just Manoosh

Wonderland, South East England., United Kingdom



About
Music Playlist at MixPod.com Outside the Cafe Esperanza e inspiraci�n (Hope and Inspiration) Everyday without exception I shed silent tears. Just ask me, I won't bite. N.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hush Your Heart Hush Your Heart

A Poem by Bubo


THE RAPIER THE RAPIER

A Poem by R J Askew